What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks announcement 10.00am Irvine to step down

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
So we can add more to the first 8.

What makes Ings more credible than Kabana or Redman?
he isn't. he seems like the typical smug lefty caarrr'nt you'd expect working for a government agency.
but the fact the investigation was done & dusted you would doubt it would be reopened for that period.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
he isn't. he seems like the typical smug lefty caarrr'nt you'd expect working for a government agency.
but the fact the investigation was done & dusted you would doubt it would be reopened for that period.

I would doubt it to be honest but there ain't much logic in the air and even more furphies.

Quigs

Immortal
Re the Hartleys and previous investigations.

I am pretty sure that Lance Armstrong and his team was cleared on numerous occassions too.

The Popper

Bench
Maybe those Manly 3 are direct targets. From what they've done with us so far it seems that there are no direct targets. It appears they are counting on intimidation to flush out any unknown culprits, and so capture a few scalps to justify the allegations made by the people who initiated all this.
`Whatever it takes'.

Isurus

Juniors
Ings has spoken a few times on the issue and speaks arrogantly and in a manner that suggests he knows exactly what is going on in the investigation.

Either he is talking absolute shyte or there is a serious case of the leaks within ASADA????

The interview i saw on TV with him (not sure which channel) he spoke like he thought he was still in charge and made it very clear that players would soon be named and would be rubbed out of the game for two years.

How does Ings know this?

Card Shark

Immortal
Thanks Damian Irvine for the undeniable passion, commitment & selflessness that you provided to our football team, to rescue it from the brink of financial ruin.

You did not deserve this....but your family deserve you. Sad, sad day for the survival of our club, wonderful day for you family. Go & enjoy them.

Thanks mate!

The guy got us through the toughest period the club had ever seen for no pay at all.
He loves the club.
He has handled the current situation badly.
Should be remembered for being a great Sharks man.

Thanks DJ, saved me from typing the same again

And thanks DI for so much that you've given to our club.
Shame you let that cutie Rothfield snake you in a difficult time. I bet you wish you had that moment in time over again. But today you showed your class as a man and your commitment to our great club.
We won't forget all that you've done.. nor what that curtis Buzz(ard) did either

Last edited:

whall15

Coach
Ings has spoken a few times on the issue and speaks arrogantly and in a manner that suggests he knows exactly what is going on in the investigation.

Either he is talking absolute shyte or there is a serious case of the leaks within ASADA????

The interview i saw on TV with him (not sure which channel) he spoke like he thought he was still in charge and made it very clear that players would soon be named and would be rubbed out of the game for two years.

How does Ings know this?

No idea, tweet him, he's very active on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ringsau

Inferno

Coach
He's paid the ultimate price for his mistake, but he seems to have done a hell of a lot in his time with the club.

I hope he gets re-elected.

Ricky Stuart is an absolute grub and he just proved it again with his brainless comments.You have to be happy that moron is no where near your club.At least your CEO was Sharks man through and through and would always put your club first.

Nullajet

Juniors
Thanks Damian Irvine for the undeniable passion, commitment & selflessness that you provided to our football team, to rescue it from the brink of financial ruin.

You did not deserve this....but your family deserve you. Sad, sad day for the survival of our club, wonderful day for you family. Go & enjoy them.

Thanks mate!

^^^ This!!!

Hanscholo

Bench
Have NFI why there is so much love for this bloke here. He sold you guys up the river. All of this was a storm in a fkn tea cup until irvine decided to give it legs by making offers to the players to accept bans, for sacking staff for doing nothing wrong etc. This is the bloke that has let the place run without a CEO. You should be glad to see the back of him. He IS the problem.

Frailty

First Grade
Have NFI why there is so much love for this bloke here. He sold you guys up the river. All of this was a storm in a fkn tea cup until irvine decided to give it legs by making offers to the players to accept bans, for sacking staff for doing nothing wrong etc. This is the bloke that has let the place run without a CEO. You should be glad to see the back of him. He IS the problem.

1. Explain how he sold the club up the river? The drugs mentioned may not even be illegal under the WADA code, but I agree it's not a good look. He has admitted that - BUT it doesn't necessarily indicate illegal activity by the club.

2. He sacked the staff - true. But what information do you have that says they have done nothing wrong? The fact you don't have any information about the case that isn't mere speculation shows you can not judge the decision. I don't necessarily agree with the sackings - but if what is speculated (that Dank had access to players without football department knowledge) is true, than that is a massive failure by the football department and would not be accepted in any sporting organisation.

3. The Sharks passed on the offers from ASADA to the players, also adding the incentive to ensure players could still earn a living. How dare they give players an option?! Everything else has been speculation that can not be verified.

4. We haven't had a CEO. But we have been travelling a lot better without one than our last couple. Ultimately it removed a single manager that the leagues club and footy club bosses reported to, instead the footy club boss and leagues club boss both reported to the bored. If we had a CEO, and this scenario had happened I hazard a guess that he would be sacked as well given what happened to the football club.

5. If Damian Irvine securing our financial future with the Development, working 24 hours a day for ZERO pay, and increasing membership at the club is a problem. Than I am happy with those problems.

Nullajet

Juniors

You nailed it in the first two words champ.
If you had any idea about what that man has done prior to this sh1tstorm....you wouldn't be even saying anything. No Damo - no club....and this current crisis wouldnt even be a talking point.

Latest posts