What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Approve Central Coast Move

Vossy

Bench
if people dont like this short term method of survival while our development gets up and running, consider this

The club DIES after failing to try out new revenue streams to help bring in money

least with the games they will be taking are low crowd drawing games which the club would make a loss on, now we would make a profit no matter the crowd

if your a sharks fan, support it because it means our survival

pommy shark

Juniors
All our comments are made to support the long term survival of the Sharks - however regardless of property development - playing at CC or Dubbo or Adelaide etc etc - unless something changes in 5 years will still have the same problem - No-one in the Shire turning up to watch league at Shark Park.

The property deal provides the leagues club with funds to prop up the footy - small crowds mean bigger grant needed - when will the leagues club say enough is too much.

The task is simple - get Shire boys and girls into Shark Park - in the long run nothing else matters. If we cannot do this then the footy club will die

Start this weekend - get Sharks players and Mermaids at Westfield, Southgate, Cronulla, Caringbah, Taren Point, Engadine etc etc etc spruiking the Dragons game - fill the place Blue and White

Then follow up with Thursday nights before a home game - let the fans see that the club wants them.

Sell the product - we have a brand use it before the NRL sell it to someone else

Ausguy

Coach
all good ideas pommy, but itr seems simply no one (at the club) cares enough. are you going to personnally hang the streamers and organise the players and mermaids?

hes not in charge so no.

if i was though. its something i would do. the players are employees of the club.

make em work harder for their money

cheese

Bench
Just logged on at work on to read this shyt

Un f**ken believeable

Zappa will be remembered as the cutie who killed our team

Quigs

Immortal

KEEP YOU EYES ON THE PRIZE .......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_TrfgezgvE&feature=related

The only thing I did was wrong
Was staying’ in the
Wilderness too long
Keep your eyes on the prize
Hold on

The only thing I did was right
Was the day we started to fight
Hold on

Hold on, Hold on
Hold on

---------------------------------
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. ......... Corinthians 15:58

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Ausguy

Coach

Un f**ken believeable

have a read of all the posts relevant to our move... cheese you might change your mind.

if you want to go to a sharks game at cronulla in 2019 then you might like to embrace what zaps is doing. if your going to blame anyone, start with the people prior to zapps.

jc155776

Coach

Un f**ken believeable

He will be remembered as the cutie who made the hard decisions to save the team.

We either die, or whore ourselves for a bit.

spider

Coach
http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=16243

Bluetongue Strategy

The Cronulla Sharks have held talks with NRL boss David Gallop about the financial incentives to transfer five home fixtures to Gosford from 2010-2014. In addition to this, the Sharks are already committed to play one game in Adelaide until 2010.

A Board Meeting was held last night and it was unanimously decided that it was in the best interests of the club to transfer five home games to the Bluetongue Stadium. This will give the Sharks the opportunity to work on the development which is before council, and in turn, will provide additional revenue to the club.

Membership and corporate packages will become more affordable for home games at both Toyota and Bluetongue Stadium. Both venues will offer premium events.

Although Sharks Directors have promoted a $110 million residential and business redevelopment adjacent to the club, even if and when the long-awaited development is approved by Sutherland Shire Council, the revenue will not flow immediately.

The move to Bluetongue Stadium will be a very positive financial result to the club.
The Sharks would like to stress that the proposed deal is not a ‘relocation’, rather an attempt to ensure the clubs’ survival by broadening our supporter base and corporate support. However, the proposal is yet to be approved by the NRL in full.

Last but not least, I would like you to understand that this decision was not taken lightly and was made in the best interests of the future of the Sharks
Sharks CEO
00000184-image.jpg

Tony Zappia

chiana

Juniors
Tony Zappia did say that we could have chosen to play at Homebush instead of Gosford and receive a similar deal. I can understand why the decision was made to play our matches in Gosford, but if we had have chosen to play these games at Homebush, would there be such a fuss?
Other clubs play their games at Homebush to help their financials. Is what we are doing really that different?

redback

Bench
People, there is no turning back. It will start with 5 games, then six and so on.

This a dark day in the history of the club.

I BLAME THE FLUFFIES WHO REFUSED TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU KILLED OUR CLUB!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Tony Zappia did say that we could have chosen to play at Homebush instead of Gosford and receive a similar deal. I can understand why the decision was made to play our matches in Gosford, but if we had have chosen to play these games at Homebush, would there be such a fuss?
Other clubs play their games at Homebush to help their financials. Is what we are doing really that different?

Ofcourse it isn't. Geezus imagine if we were going that bad we had to merge with somebody!!

We all have to remember, we are the richest club in Sydney in terms of assetts & will be the richest club in the league if the development comes off in time.

SirShire

First Grade
I'm hesitant to call us asset rich. The land is of no value if you can't build on it. We'll find out soon enough about that.

I can't see this move doing much good to retaining lower-medium local corporates, either.

Surely

Post Whore
I BLAME THE FLUFFIES WHO REFUSED TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU KILLED OUR CLUB!

Yes thats right redback, its all the fault of a few anonymous posters on an internet forum.

Special K

Coach
I seriously prefer this to playing at homebush. Nearly every sydney NRL club plays games out of home. The sharks were lucky to last this long.. Don't parra even play at homebush ffs?

I'll be getting a CC membership even though i'll be overseas likely. I just hope we rape the CC like Manly did and head back to the shire in 2015.

Windy70

Juniors
People, there is no turning back. It will start with 5 games, then six and so on.

This a dark day in the history of the club.

I swear you are not a person that needs to be involved in any votes, opinions or anything when it comes to this club. I have seen nothing but negativity from you since you came into this forum. Your solution to the world is "sack the coach". That is rediculous, impossible and very very narrow minded. Our club needs support right now you tosser. Grow up and stop blaming our current coach, or the peeps on here. I've seen more passion for this club on these forums then you have sense.

Latest posts