What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

Lewk

Juniors
Also, hillbillythef**kenidiot, here's something for you and your small f**ken brain.

Below this is a screenshot of Paea stepping on Gallen's hand.

It's pretty f**king clear that Paea can't even see where his foot is, because Gallen's fat torso is in the way.

So go and get f**ked for insinuating tht Paea intentionally stood on Gallen's hand. It was a mistake, and Paul "I'm the biggest f**ken merkin in the history of rugby league" Gallen decided to call him "A black merkin."

Wish that Gallen, and all the merkins defending him, are hit by a car in the not too distant future. You're all a bunch of dirty oxygen thiefs.

paeavsgallen.jpg

These should calm you down..

tampax.jpg

Willow

Assistant Moderator
how can the NRL be certain when they didnt even ask Gallen what he said?

seriously this whole thing is just another mickey mouse effort by the NRL. It amazes me clowns like gallop can keep their job for so long.

Gallen has been tried and fined by nothing more than a kangaroo court.

Dont get me wrong , if he did what he is being accused of i would suspend him for half the season. But the NRL have convicted the man without any evidence. The whole thing is laughable.
What we are seeing now is a changing of the storylines.

Paea was convinced he was called a "Black ****"? Are you suggesting Paea made it up?

Paea: ""He called me a black ...., he's a racist'."

Gallen was reported to have apologised to Paea...

Micky Paea: "He apologised. He's sorry... "He didn't mean what he said..."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25531577-5012431,00.html

Micky Paea is being very forgiving, but there is no mistake as to what he heard. There is also no mistake he believes Gallen has apologised for making a racial slur.

The NRL also believes Gallen apologised:

NRL (Gallop): "It has also been confirmed that Gallen has since apologised for his on-field comments."

“There's clear evidence that the racial slur was made, the player's apologised for it ... it won't be tolerated in our game and that's why the penalty has been imposed.''

“While the apology is certainly an important step in the right direction, there needs to be a clear recognition that racial vilification is not tolerated in rugby league,'' Gallop said...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25534717-5012659,00.html

Now Gallen is saying he didn't apologise?

Now unless you're suggesting that Paea is making it up, or he is being misquoted or some gremlins got into the audio of the telecast, and/or Gallen never apologised, then exactly which part of this doesn't qualify as credible evidence?

Gallen was accused, then the NRL looked at it, issued a guilty verdict, and the fine was the punishment. Gallen can count himself lucky if it only stays as a $10,000 fine.

Of course Gallen has the option to fight this through appeal, and apparently he is ready to do so. Let us assume for the moment that clearing his good name is the real intention.

Pig Champion

Juniors
I'm over all the righteousness.

I hate oppression of people due to race, religion, sex, politics, sexuality, disability but this is rubbish. F**k off back to heaven you god like ones, human thoughts and actions may disturb your delicate sensibilities as you have never vilified anybody.

What do you think Aussie soldiers in Afghanistan are thinking in a gun battle with the taliban? "Citizens of Afghanistan, believers in Islam, we are here to liberate".

Sure war is an extreme case but people do think, do say things under duress. The level may vary.

Ever laughed at a joke about fat people, ever told a joke about fat people? Have you? Is that OK?

Hateful thoughts, gossip, bitching, judging others? Nope, all angels.

Please send some of your holy blessings my way.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Paea was convinced he was called a "Black ****"? Are you suggesting Paea made it up?

I am definitely saying it.

i reckon that there may be a possibility that Paes might have been mal nourished as a child & it affected his hearing. Gallen probably said "get off my my hand you fat merkin!!"

Another religous zealout taking the soft option in a tough game. The big girl cant handle a sledge.

no we're not.

Gallen never told his story. You cant change something that isnt known.

no , Paea could have simply thought thats what he heard.

so? thats clearly not enough to prove the charge.

Gallen was reported to have apologised to Paea...

an apology isnt an admission of guilt.

Micky Paea: "He apologised. He's sorry... "He didn't mean what he said..."

we dont know what Gallen said in that apology.

Micky Paea is being very forgiving, but there is no mistake as to what he heard. There is also no mistake he believes Gallen has apologised for making a racial slur.

you have know way of knowing if Paea made an mistake or not. There is no supporting evidence either way.

The NRL also believes Gallen apologised:

NRL (Gallop): "It has also been confirmed that Gallen has since apologised for his on-field comments."

and conveniently gallop never asked Gallen what he said in the apology.

“There's clear evidence that the racial slur was made, the player's apologised for it ... it won't be tolerated in our game and that's why the penalty has been imposed.''

there is nothing clear about it David. You never asked what he said in the apology!

“While the apology is certainly an important step in the right direction, there needs to be a clear recognition that racial vilification is not tolerated in rugby league,'' Gallop said...

Offcourse racial vilification shouldnt be tolerated. And neither should a bloody kangaroo court.

Racial vilification is a very serious charge. It not only deserves a bigger punishment than a $10K fine , it also should require a proper hearing!

Now Gallen is saying he didn't apologise?

from what i heard on radio he is saying he said sorry if thats what Paea thought he heard.

Now unless you're suggesting that Paea is making it up, or he is being misquoted or some gremlins got into the audio of the telecast, and/or Gallen never apologised, then exactly which part of this doesn't qualify as credible evidence?

no one is claiming Paea made anything up. Its possible that he simply miss heard Gallen.

and what audio are you talking about? as far as im aware there is no audio that supports the charge.

Gallen was accused, then the NRL looked at it, issued a guilty verdict, and the fine was the punishment. Gallen can count himself lucky if it only stays as a $10,000 fine.

the NRL looked at it? they didnt even speak to the parties involved! its nothing more than mickey mouse stuff.

If Gallen did do what he is accused of I agree $10K is nowhere near enough. But you know why he didnt get more? becuase there is no evidence he said it! you couldnt possibly suspend a player in this situation as they could easily appeal it as there is no evidence!

do you seriously think a suspension would stand up at the judicary if Paea wouldnt appear?

Of course Gallen has the option to fight this through appeal, and apparently he is ready to do so. Let us assume for the moment that clearing his good name is the real intention.

personally i hope he does appeal it. Not because i support him , but more because this whole process was a mess.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The NRL banking on support from paea. Gallen has no option but to sue the NRL now. They have taken it off the field. Once off the field, its in the courts.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I am definitely saying it.

i reckon that there may be a possibility that Paes might have been mal nourished as a child & it affected his hearing. Gallen probably said "get off my my hand you fat merkin!!"

Another religous zealout taking the soft option in a tough game. The big girl cant handle a sledge.
lol. Compelling argument. Fiction, but great for a laugh.

No doubt the wide eyed kiddies are impressed by your tales around the campfire.

Come back when the show is over.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
do you seriously think a suspension would stand up at the judicary if Paea wouldnt appear?
I'm pretty sure any registered player can be made to face the judiciary, or face punishment.

herbert henry1908 said:
personally i hope he does appeal it. Not because i support him , but more because this whole process was a mess.
Well you can have that opinion. Again, Gallen wants to fight the charge.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25536195-11088,00.html

And again, Let us assume for the moment that clearing his good name is the real intention.

Rexxy

Coach
Cronulla are looking at going into 2010 as the first club with a cleanskin kit.

No main sponsor, no sleeve, and no shorts.

For the sake of his club, Gallen should cop it sweet and let this go through to the keeper.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The NRL banking on support from paea. Gallen has no option but to sue the NRL now. They have taken it off the field. Once off the field, its in the courts.

Wouldn't that get him banned until after the legal action was over ?? Like what happened with Bronx Goodwin.