What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks captain Paul Gallen fined $10,000 for racist remarks at Micky Paea

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
i reckon you were the one picked on when you were young reefy.

you were an ugly skinny little ranga who got picked on and beat up at school, so now you spend your older years being a hard man on the internet, picking on people with less posts than you. f**king sad c*%t!

lol, you poor ugly gronk.

Careful sting , you could give yourself a cerebral haemorrhage thinking that much & you dont want to start bleeding from you arrsse.
Tough guy.

sharko

Juniors
Good on Gallen for trying to protect his reputation..he did not racially slur the Saints player, he gave hima gobful because the Saints player stomped on his hand. Stomping is the act of a cat, the photo shows Paea looking toward Gals hand and he stomps down on it. Gallen was pissed off and gave him what for.
At least Gal will be leading the NSW forwards in the first SOO, injury permitting..with him on the field the NSW forwards have a real chance to dominate and set it up for their backs.
You will all be running to kiss Gals arse when he helpsthem win SOO 1.

_snafu_

Immortal
Good question..return serve - where is the substantiation he did?

Didn't the microphones pick up Paea saying "He called me a black .... Don't ever call me that again" (or words to that effect) straight after the incident?

I'm sure Paea would not have said that if Gallen said "Look here old chap, you stood on my hand and I don't very much appreciate it".

adamkungl

Immortal
imo society has gone too far into politcal correctness. Discrimination, oppression, and hate of people based on race, sex, religion, etc is obviously terrible and should be completely stamped out. I am not defending actual, damaging race discrimination.

But calling someone a black merkin in a moment of pain (if he actually did say it...the NRL have f**ked up by being completely reactionary AGAIN)? Deal with it. Paea will live. His life won't be any worse. I'm sure his fragile sensibilities will one day get over the fact that Gallen might have called him black, which he is, and a merkin, which he may or may not be, but tbh he did just step on his hand which might lead Gallen to believe that Paea is indeed a merkin.

Also, as a side note, would there be the same outrage if he called him a fat merkin? Nope.
White merkin? Severely doubt it.

Rexxy

Coach
Jewish merkin, anyone ?

Adam, if someone said something anti Semitic, you'd be the first to complain.

So there goes your sticks and stones defence. It just aint right.

Also, as a side note, would there be the same outrage if he called him a fat merkin? Nope.

Last edited:

dannyboy

Juniors
imo society has gone too far into politcal correctness. Discrimination, oppression, and hate of people based on race, sex, religion, etc is obviously terrible and should be completely stamped out. I am not defending actual, damaging race discrimination.

But calling someone a black merkin in a moment of pain (if he actually did say it...the NRL have f**ked up by being completely reactionary AGAIN)? Deal with it. Paea will live. His life won't be any worse. I'm sure his fragile sensibilities will one day get over the fact that Gallen might have called him black, which he is, and a merkin, which he may or may not be, but tbh he did just step on his hand which might lead Gallen to believe that Paea is indeed a merkin.

Bingo.

dannyboy

Juniors
Jewish merkin, anyone ?

So it is possible to be discriminatory to a whitey? If so, just how serious would it be taken.

BTW, you're very quick to make final judgement about someone before they actually reply to your question - wouldn't happen to be studying to be a media hack?

adamkungl

Immortal
Jewish merkin, anyone ?

uhhhhh. what? I'm not Jewish...

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Good on Gallen for trying to protect his reputation..
lol. Funny on so many levels.

No i don't actually Willow. I am still yet to hear Gallens side of the story, or still yet to hear Gallen say what everyone is going off half cocked about what he said.
Gallen's side of the story is that he was misheard. So what do you think rhymes with "You're a black ****"
?

Parra

Referee
So Gallen delivers exactly what Paea was trying to avoid - more detrimental headlines.

If he didn't say it then why did he apologise?

I can't believe they pick this prick for rep footy. The game deserves all the criticism it gets.

_snafu_

Immortal
I've got nothing against Boyd - it's a pity he didn't get to play more games.

Boyd had a 'reputation', that's what I was referring to.

taxidriver

Coach
224_spotted_slug.jpg

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
How about this scenario?

What if Gallen, for example, really doesn't like black people. It might be his upbringing, religion, South African etc - but he genuinely doesn't like black people.

Wouldn't this be a defence to calling Eddie a BC? It's actually what he believes, what he really feels.