What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks -> Deadwood of NRL

newman

First Grade
What do the Sharkies bring to the competition?

They are the only team from Southern Sydney that hasnt sold its soul.

Ari Gold

Bench
eels_fan_01 said:
And in 2-4 years there will be a thread when Sharks are getting packed stadiums, in the top 4 and playing great football....theres a thread about every team like this from one time to another.

This isn't about crowds, or else i would've singled out the panthers, storm and roosters as well. But those teams all have something which they bring to the NRL, Panthers (Massive Juniors base), Roosters (History, foundation club) and Storm (Geographical location).

This isn't about crowds, or else i would've singled out the panthers, storm and roosters as well. But those teams all have something which they bring to the NRL, Panthers (Massive Juniors base), Roosters (History, foundation club) and Storm (Geographical location).

we have a junior base.

we have a history. anything thats ever happened in the past is history. we werent formed yesterday.

Southernsaint

Staff member
newman said:
What do the Sharkies bring to the competition?

They are the only team from Southern Sydney that hasnt sold its soul.

:lol:

Keep going, mate, you're cracking me up!!

:lol:

sooperdooper

First Grade
Russell Crowe's Band said:
it was a monday night, against an out of town team...and we had lost 6 in a row.
you could look at it:
Your last throw of the dice for the 8...against the best team in the comp

Lowdown

Juniors
It's clear that the Central Coast needs a team - and sooner rather than later.

The way I see it - it's about maximising the opportunity. If the Sharks can secure the long term viability of their club by moving to Gosford, then do it. Same can als be said for Sydney City. Seems to me - Sydney City needs a new identity as Souths will cannibalise their geographical fan base.

Central Coast Sharks does have a nice ring to it, I agree.

Generalzod

Immortal
If the NRL to intend one day to get rid of Cronulla, it would be very hard for me to be supporting any other NRL team....

Generalzod

Immortal
The Fruit Pickers said:
They sold their soul more than a decade ago

:evil: News Limited :evil:

Tell me fruit picker which organization at the moment controls the NRL...Also relation to the size of the crowd last night it was a Monday night and people do work...

nullasharks

Juniors
please delete this thread, the person who made it is a complete farkin knob, and the people who support it i cant say much better, every team goes through a roughpatch for a couple of years, befor the 2003 season we made the finals almost every year for 15 years taking out the minor premiership atleast twice, we have also been involved in two of the greatest and roughest grandfinals ever played although not winning. Our team is in the rebuilding phase, and if it wasnt for the injuries we have had we may have made the top 8. we have lost around 8 games this year by less then 4 points, 2 in golden point. We were never going to get over 10,000 fans last night due to the fact we didnt have the team to win and we were never going to make the 8 even if we won, how would u all feel if the nrl wanted to get rid of your team, im sure their are millions of other fans out their not being sharks supporters who would hate for them to be kicked out of the comp

dimitri

First Grade
Generalzod said:
Tell me fruit picker which organization at the moment controls the NRL...Also relation to the size of the crowd last night it was a Monday night and people do work...

..most people tend to work on Monday day and Tuesday day

This match was on Monday Night

Generalzod

Immortal
dimitri said:
..most people tend to work on Monday day and Tuesday day

This match was on Monday Night

Dimitri I work at Norwest finish at 1900, I live in Gymea so tell me how the hell would I get to Shark Park at 1900 ?

dimitri

First Grade
Generalzod said:
Dimitri I work at Norwest finish at 1900, I live in Gymea so tell me how the hell would I get to Shark Park at 1900 ?

1) Get to work 2 hours earlier / Flexi Time
2) Pull a Sickie
3) take an RDO

Surely

Post Whore
dimitri said:
2) Pull a Sickie
3) take an RDO

Dimitri i'm sure you have to do more than pull a dickie to get .... oh hang on sickie, my mistake.

Ari Gold

Bench
nullasharks said:
please delete this thread, the person who made it is a complete farkin knob, and the people who support it i cant say much better, every team goes through a roughpatch for a couple of years, befor the 2003 season we made the finals almost every year for 15 years taking out the minor premiership atleast twice, we have also been involved in two of the greatest and roughest grandfinals ever played although not winning. Our team is in the rebuilding phase, and if it wasnt for the injuries we have had we may have made the top 8. we have lost around 8 games this year by less then 4 points, 2 in golden point. We were never going to get over 10,000 fans last night due to the fact we didnt have the team to win and we were never going to make the 8 even if we won, how would u all feel if the nrl wanted to get rid of your team, im sure their are millions of other fans out their not being sharks supporters who would hate for them to be kicked out of the comp

Haha it's a forum, people are entitled to their own opinion...

The reality is, that when the NRL decides to go national to survive in the competitive Australian sports market, The Cronulla Sharks most likely won't be part of it.

STEVE R

Juniors
Monday night football is purely for Foxtel.

I know of many people who won't take their kids out to the footy on a school night, many people who struggle to get to the game after work, and others who just can't be fugged when it's cold and on tv!

The Sharks get better night crowds when there is something to do afterwards (ie go out), or its not a school night, or even on Sunday arvos. Monday night is a terrible timeslot for a Sharks home game. Plus recent results never pointed to a big crowd.

In my opinion, Monday night football should be concentrating on inner city teams, where people can (and will) go straight after work. The Tigers, Roosters and Storm are ideal candidates for it.

Clubs like the Cowboys, Sharks, etc sholdn't be forced into having Monday night home games if it is to the detriment of their gate.

Monday is a stupid night for football anyway.

Generalzod

Immortal
dimitri said:
2) Pull a Sickie
3) take an RDO

I've got more important things to chuck a sickie on than a football match, anyway Dimitri mou why do you hate the Sharks so much????

dimitri said:
2) Pull a Sickie
3) take an RDO

A few years ago when I was a student would have said the same thing -- but depending on what line of work you're in all three of those can just be impossible. The reality is the 7pm start is an issue for many people in attending MNF.

Personally, I can't really attend Monday night games (especially if they're at Parramatta Stadium). Like many people I need to be "flexible" with my work and that generally involves not leaving at 5pm which means pre-planning to go is difficult and generally making that 7pm kick-off very hard.