What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks -> Deadwood of NRL

roboshark

Coach
fair dinkum....a couple of years missing the finals and low crowds and all of a sudden we are being relocated

some people have deadset NFI

adamkungl

Immortal
A few weeks ago we were getting these threads...before that it was Souffs. I would hate to see Sharks gone or relocated. I hate them yes. They are useless perennial choker lowlifes as far as i'm concerned. But they are a team I love to hate, great rivalry, as my brother goes for them. As opposed to plain hate, like Souffs. But even them I wouldn't *really* want booted, their stupidity gives me so much satisfaction (try not to take too much offence at me abusing your crappy clubs, like I said, I don't want them kicked out :p) I like the comp how it is now. The comp needs to expand but I would much prefer to see it expand with a growing junior base to support new clubs rather than moving old ones.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I'm not a fan at all of forced relocation (unless it is the sub-human filth of Bondi Junction), if a club is relocated I would hope that it is because they have exhausted all the means available to them in their current location. Mind you, I do think that the Sharks are up there with Sydney as the club most likely to relocate.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Anybody got junior numbers for each sydney club because I think Cronulla have good numbers of juniors considering it's a very strong junior soccer area?

Personally I think Robyalvaro is a sh*tstirrer and/or doesn't have rugby league's best interest at heart.

My sons play junior rugby league in the cronulla comp, they are sharks fans ('though they support whoever is winning when we watch a TV game despite me telling them to support the underdog).

I'd rather see the loss to the game of a thousand Robyalvaros than even one young kid who loves the Sharks.

Sharks 'til we die.

roboshark

Coach
adamkungl said:
A few weeks ago we were getting these threads...before that it was Souffs. I would hate to see Sharks gone or relocated. I hate them yes. They are useless perennial choker lowlifes as far as i'm concerned. But they are a team I love to hate, great rivalry, as my brother goes for them. As opposed to plain hate, like Souffs. But even them I wouldn't *really* want booted, their stupidity gives me so much satisfaction (try not to take too much offence at me abusing your crappy clubs, like I said, I don't want them kicked out :p) I like the comp how it is now. The comp needs to expand but I would much prefer to see it expand with a growing junior base to support new clubs rather than moving old ones.

thanks for the support man ;-)

SharkFin

Juniors
robyalvaro

YOU ARE A HYPRCRITAL F*CKWIT

I hope I have made my point.

Its funny from the state of the first post, then compared to the last in this thread. Dont soften now mate, true feelings are out brother. Being a rabbitohs fan, I thought you would have a bit more sense than coming out with this sort of garbage. FOAD

adamkungl

Immortal
roboshark said:
thanks for the support man ;-)

No problem :D

SSTID the subhuman filth you speak of is gonna stomp your sorry disease ridden excuse for a football side . Freddy will send you lot back to the sewers where they belong.

Nullajet

Juniors
I would have thought a fan who knows what it was like to see their beloved club become non existant would rally behind those that rallied to reinstate said club......not sit around promoting the demise of another club based on a current slump....the very same slumo i might point out the rabitohs are really all that far from themselves....yes they have improved but they are hardly setting the place on fire...in fact they are VERY similar to the sharks this year ..great defence but not a lot in attack.....they have performed on a par really except they have managed to win a few more of the close ones the sharks havent.

Actually have the bunnies stuck it to the storm? the sea eagles? and the dogs?

Rabbitohs 10 Bulldogs 34
Storm 26 Rabbitohs 10
Sea Eagles 14 Rabbitohs 2
Rabbitohs 8 Storm 12 (very unlucky in this one as i recall....much like the sharks)

bottom line is you are a disgrace and a hypocrite for even starting such a thread!!!!

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
adamkungl said:
No problem :D

SSTID the subhuman filth you speak of is gonna stomp your sorry disease ridden excuse for a football side . Freddy will send you lot back to the sewers where they belong.

Is that the same disease ridden blah blah blah footy team that is above Sydney on the ladder? Win a couple of games and they all come out of the woodwork again.

Nook

Bench
I hate the Sharkies but I hope they are here to stay.

For all their faults they have 40 years of colourful history on the board and support an area of Sydney that would go to the dogs (rah rah and soccer) in the blink of an eye if there was no local RL team for the youngsters to look up to.

If they go to the wall (again) and aren't viable in the future, off they go. But there is certainly no pressing reason for their expulsion or relocation.

These threads are just ill informed bitterness dressed up as a 'troll'

Slackboy72

Coach
As much as I hate the sharks (they were only brought in to steal away juniors from the Illawarra who were going to St George) I think you'll find that they hold their own more than a lot of clubs. In fact if you look at the following stats for current clubs for the last 9 years i.e. post SL...

Win %: sharks are 8th best on 50.9%. The best is brisbane 63.6%, bulldogs 63.0% and Roosters 60.0%. Worst is Wests 40.4%, Cowboys 37.7% and Souths 24.7%.

Average end of regular season ladder position: sharks are equal 8th with Canberra on 8. Best is brisbane 3.9, Roosters 5.3 and Melbourne 5.4. Worst are manly 10.5, Cowboys 11.3 and Souths 14.6.

Finals appearances: sharks are equal 8th with bulldogs on 5 appearances.
The best is brisbane with 9 then Roosters, Melbourne, Parramatta and Newcastle with 7 each.
The worst are manly and Cowboys with 2 each, Wests with 1 and Souths with... you guessed it, 0.

Average points difference per game: sharks are 8th on +0.8ppg.
Best is brisbane 7.2, Roosters 6.0 and Melbourne 5.2ppg.
Worst is Wests -3.9, Cowboys -4.9 and Souths -12.4ppg!?!
Wow! Minus two converted tries per game! That is really craptacular.

I hope to see a thread entitled "why-we-should-kick-out-clubs-that-are-average-yet-keep-the-truly-woeful-ones" appearing on this forum soon.

fanatique

Juniors
dimitri said:
the difference is that when most other teams are towards the bottom they can still manage crowds of over 7000

Cronulla's average attendance this season is just shy of 11,000. By no means good but not as bad as you say. Remember they are in the basement and they are not a million miles behind the likes of the Roos and the Dragons in drawing power both of whom are ahead of them on the ladder. 2 years ago they were over 16,000 which is more or less ahat the Dogs - Sydneys biggest club in my estimation - are on this year.

So truthfully there is little real difference between the Sydney clubs pulling power. When doing poorly they all draw around 11 to 12K and when doing well they all can get up to the likes of 18,000. Sharks have as much support as any of them and the poorest performing Sydney club always attracts this kind of thread.

fatshark

Bench
Sharks have been in the competition for 40 years. Now with rugby league's cyclic nature that should mean that at some point they should have been a powerhouse club at one stage, like every other club that has existed for that long has been (Souths, St George, Bulldogs, Eels, Manly etc). Fact of the matter is that Cronulla will never be a strong club, it doesnt have the potential to do so.

The Sharks used to tear the Bunnies a new won every game in the 90's.
The Sharks are going through a rough patch, on the field.
Besides that we still have a good future.
Without doubt if the Sharks were up the top theyd be pulling massive crowds.
As they did a few years ago eg; avg 17,500
And Melbourne supporters coming in here saying to relocate to Gosford, we know what your problem is.
ps News LTD is reassessing in 2 years. lol bye,bye.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Sharks is alot like Penrith to me, when they are winning its like a dating ground for teenagers when they arent no ones there. Not saying its a bad thing or anything, any big crowd is good.

realredhillboy

Juniors
ffs leave the sharks alone.... no history?...more history than the bronco's have... they have won a few minor premierships.... and they'll win the big one one day

fanatique said:
Cronulla's average attendance this season is just shy of 11,000. By no means good but not as bad as you say. Remember they are in the basement and they are not a million miles behind the likes of the Roos and the Dragons in drawing power both of whom are ahead of them on the ladder.
Correct...
Home game averages.
Cronulla … 10,627
St George Illawarra … 11,404

taipan

Referee
A load of crapola.The sharks own their own ground.Will have another new stand next year>Have many more juniors than Manly,and many more than Easts as many as the Dogs.
Their crowds in the past have been in the top 4 or 5 in Sydney.
Even this year they have been competitive in all games,despite many injuries.
Lets all play the game in the inner city FFS>:crazy: