What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks -> Deadwood of NRL

Generalzod

Immortal
robyalvaro said:
Haha it's a forum, people are entitled to their own opinion...

The reality is, that when the NRL decides to go national to survive in the competitive Australian sports market, The Cronulla Sharks most likely won't be part of it.

I'm certain at one stage we did have a National Rugby League comp, which was a huge success....(not)

Tell em to get stuffed.The Sharkies efforts against the top 2 sides, with their horrible injury toll were great.The Sharks bring guts.They might be struggling but they don't give up.Don't think they have had a big defeat all season.

eels_fan_01 said:
And in 2-4 years there will be a thread when Sharks are getting packed stadiums, in the top 4 and playing great football....theres a thread about every team like this from one time to another.

that happens every year between rounds 1 and 10

Nullajet

Juniors
What a complete dimwit to start this thread!!!!!

Who does robylavaro support? Must be some amazing super club that has never fallen on hard times, injuries.

On top of that robylavaro obviously hasnt watched the games the sharks have played because she/he would know that they have stuck it to every side they have played and just lacked the killer punch or little bit of luck to turn them into wins.

Yes they are frustrating to watch in that regard as a supporter but most 'intelligent' supporters of the game (that being those other than dimitri and robylavaro) are well aware of the cyclic nature of the game and respect the hardships of sides going through the down times....

most pathetic thread of the season!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry_eel

First Grade
Put up a massive fight against both Manly and Melbourne. If they give us a hard time this week then there's now way they are deadwoods.

Nullajet

Juniors
SHAME ON YOU ROBYAVARO........just checked it out and you are a rabbitohs supporter!

Would have expected better from a supporter of a club that has seen its fair share of extreme down time!!!!!!

Disgraceful.........go talk to russell about sharing the love around brother!!!

Ari Gold

Bench
Nullajet said:
What a complete dimwit to start this thread!!!!!

Who does robylavaro support? Must be some amazing super club that has never fallen on hard times, injuries.

On top of that robylavaro obviously hasnt watched the games the sharks have played because she/he would know that they have stuck it to every side they have played and just lacked the killer punch or little bit of luck to turn them into wins.

Yes they are frustrating to watch in that regard as a supporter but most 'intelligent' supporters of the game (that being those other than dimitri and robylavaro) are well aware of the cyclic nature of the game and respect the hardships of sides going through the down times....

most pathetic thread of the season!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, lets talk about the cyclic nature of the game.

Sharks have been in the competition for 40 years. Now with rugby league's cyclic nature that should mean that at some point they should have been a powerhouse club at one stage, like every other club that has existed for that long has been (Souths, St George, Bulldogs, Eels, Manly etc). Fact of the matter is that Cronulla will never be a strong club, it doesnt have the potential to do so.

Stagger eel

Staff member
robyalvaro said:

Sharks have been in the competition for 40 years. Now with rugby league's cyclic nature that should mean that at some point they should have been a powerhouse club at one stage, like every other club that has existed for that long has been (Souths, St George, Bulldogs, Eels, Manly etc). Fact of the matter is that Cronulla will never be a strong club, it doesnt have the potential to do so.

geez, you really know how to kick a man while he's down.

Generalzod

Immortal
robyalvaro said:

It took Parramatta nearly 35 years for them to win there 1st comp, Become the most successfull team of the 80's...Roby would you have kicked the EELS out???jerk off

mullet

Juniors
im a cronulla fan but f**k it took me more than ten dollar tickets to get out there last night. what was the attendence?? 7000 or so... well minus the parents who came purely to watch the tens of thousands of children who danced as half time entertainment it would have been a whole lot smaller

The Business

Juniors
t-ba said:
You'd have trouble finding a Sharks fan denying that their existence in the NRL is purely a result of backing the right pony 12 years ago. In all honesty, their future is pretty bleak unless the Shire doubles its population soon.
The NRL are looking for a team to relocate. They fit the bill perfectly.

Bumble

First Grade
As a person who has had their club kicked out and often talked of relocating, I would take the side of Sharks fans here.

Nobody deserves to lose their club, their crowd average is still in 5 digits even with a pathetically performing team. Their ground is a sh!theap, which doesn't help matters and the 40 year old virgin stuff is great entertainment for the rest of us. Leave the Sharks alone!

Nullajet

Juniors
Robyalvaro you are a complete hack!! Do you not recall the years under lang when the sharks made the finals regurlarly and were a powerhouse of the comp...go back tot eh late 80s where they also made finals regurlarly and were very strong, then the 70s where they were narrowly defeated in one GF and drew a second...so do some research fool!! You dont have to win the GF to be classed as a strrong club.,

Now when was the last time your POWERHOUSE club the bunnies showed any POWER?? Been longer ago than i have been following the game I will give you the tip!!

Do you forget the low crowds the bunnies had and their place on the ladder year in and year out before they got the axe...and after for that matter yet the entire rugby league community rallied to get them back in (myself included) yet you serve up the tripe of a thread as this!!!!!

I have checked your other threads and see that it is something you cant help...and so itrs really a waste of our efforts to try and educate you in the art of respect for other clubs...

you continue to go on your merry way as a low life white ant!!!

roboshark

Coach
i love how souths fans get on here and start bagging another club just becasue they are having a tough year and the rabbitohs are having a mildly successful year ( although for them it would be classed as outstanding)

Robyalvaro your are a f**kin hypocrit and a disgrace to your club and its proper fans

Southernsaint

Staff member
roboshark said:
i love how souths fans get on here and start bagging another club just becasue they are having a tough year and the rabbitohs are having a mildly successful year ( although for them it would be classed as outstanding)

Robyalvaro your are a f**kin hypocrit and a disgrace to your club and its proper fans

The Souths fans have really come out of the woodwork in 2007...

roboshark

Coach
amazing isnt it..........there are fickle supporters everywhere , inc sharks fans, but the souths fans take the cake

bandwagoners

Ari Gold

Bench
I've been a souths fan since '96, much to the disappointment to my old man who brought me up as a bulldogs fan.

So no, i'm not a bandwagoner. I joined them and stuck with them during the hard times.

Look i agree that no-one deserves to lose their club, as a souths fan i've experienced it. However, the NRL will look to expand and unfortunately Cronulla will be a victim of this when the time comes (Although, if Crowe hadn't taken over, we would've been the weakest link).

_Johnsy

Referee
this is really nasty, all you naughty people laying in the boot. The poor sharkies. [-X
nah fugg'em they are scumnulla lay it in hard