What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks fume as MP deserts project

newman

First Grade
I never ridiculed you. I said all along that the developers had made concessions for flooding, and it wasnt that much of an issue. Thats why there is no underground car park in the plan.

While you were on the website did you see that submissions in favour of the development represent about 60% of all submissions received? When you consider that in most cases, the standard benchmark is 90% of all submissions are opposed to developments, this is pretty exciting stuff.

And: On Sunday there was the worlds first rally in favour of a project development. How do you feel about your potential new neighbours?

1559481.jpg

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Floodplain will only be an issue for the bottom three levels. Its simple. If you don't want to get flooded by on lvel 4 and above.

This thing is 16 storeys high FFS. I fail to see the issue.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I never ridiculed you. I said all along that the developers had made concessions for flooding, and it wasnt that much of an issue. Thats why there is no underground car park in the plan.

While you were on the website did you see that submissions in favour of the development represent about 60% of all submissions received? When you consider that in most cases, the standard benchmark is 90% of all submissions are opposed to developments, this is pretty exciting stuff.

And: On Sunday there was the worlds first rally in favour of a project development. How do you feel about your potential new neighbours?

1559481.jpg

Are you serious? We have the foremost authority in NSW expressing concern the proposal may in fact direct flooding towards existing residences in North Caringbah and Woolooware and you believe 'it wasn't that much of an issue".

Is this your view or the develolper's as well? You are a representative on a consultative committee. Many Sharks supporters live in these suburbs but oppose the development for this and many other reasons.

How many of the respondents to the exhibition live in area?

kmav23

Juniors
Floodplain will only be an issue for the bottom three levels. Its simple. If you don't want to get flooded by on lvel 4 and above.

This thing is 16 storeys high FFS. I fail to see the issue.

Dam Right Ronnie !!!

Just provide people on lower levels scuba gear !!!!

What about one who may have been one of the founding members of the Sharks? I guess such a supporter doesn't count?

who

capsis the great? the man who's solution was to build a "resort thing"
their lack of understanding into the perilous financial situation the team is in is a detriment to the club they "support"

Frailty

First Grade
Probably the same 'foundation members' that continuously supported Barry Pierce whilst he pulled the club into a massive debt hole.

As taken from an Office of Environment and Heritage letter to the Planning Dept. dated 26 August 2011. Copy of the letter is on Planning Dept website.

The is the defintive advice from the foremost NSW Authority -

As detailed, in the then Department of Environment, Climate Change and Water's letter dated 25 March 2011, OEH is concerned that the proposal may be impacted by flooding and may adversely impact on flooding in adjacent properties.

Suitable arrangements for floodwater and overland flow need to be considered from the earliest stages of the design process, particularly when the site is identified as being on a floodplain. Otherwise adverse effects on flood behaviour might prove difficult to rectify.

Whislt the Environmental Assessment's Draft Statement of Commitments identifies the need for a detailed flood assessment in future applications for the development, the flood assessments should be undertaken at the initial conceptual stage. On this basis, it is not possible for OEH to state that the presented Enviornmental Assessment adequately addresses the Director General's Environmantel Assessment Requirements and OEH would need to repeat these concerns already rasied if the proposal is on public exhibition at this time.

For Newman, Ausguy, Carcharies, JC Loser and others who ridiculed my concern about the site being a floodplain and the merits of the proposal, the site is a floodplain and it is a fact.

OMG is Sutherland Shire Council that inept that their own diagrams don't show a flood plain on the actual development site. Sack the lot of them, including Capsis. He wants to build a resort thingy on a flood plain. USELESS!

Eion

First Grade
The Council map did. One of your supporters was arguing about the colour of the coding.:D
You still haven't answered why your hero counsellor Mr Capsis would advocate building a 'resort thingy' on such a dangerous flood prone area.

Maybe a resort thingy would be ok because the developer would have to make suitable plans to redirect water and ensure fresh water enters the bay...

Wait... where have I heard that before

Latest posts