What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Generalzod

Immortal
One f**king car accident

1hr 40 mins to get from Engadine to Hurstville today.
Had to park about 1 km away from where I had to go.

That was after I went back streets from south Hurstville.

What a f**king cesspit of an area.
King Georges rd enough said.

sha19_hero.jpg

CLUB NEWS

Sharks announce home grounds for 2020
Author
Sharks Media
Timestamp
Wed 18 Sep 2019, 10:37 AM
Share on social media
The Cronulla Sutherland Sharks announced today that the club will use Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in Kogarah as its home ground next year while PointsBet Stadium is closed during renovations to the adjoining Leagues Club.

CEO Richard Munro said the club had negotiated with Georges River Council to play 11 home games at Kogarah in 2020.

The Sharks will play their other home game on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast as part of a drive to increase the club’s supporter base.

Mr Munro said the Sharks had completed an exhaustive consultation process with members, sponsors, hospitality partners and fans to determine where they wanted to watch the Sharks play over the next two seasons while the redevelopment is undertaken.

“While there were many ideas put forward, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium emerged as the clear preference of our stakeholders,” Mr Munro said.

“Jubilee Stadium is only about 10 kms up the road from PointsBet Stadium and it is accessible by both road and rail.

“So it is a convenient option for all Sharks supporters and commercial partners.

“We will play more games at Kogarah than any other sporting team next year and we intend making it our own fortress.

“The players are supportive of the move and now we are focussed on delivering a great season for our fans.”

Georges River Council Mayor Kevin Greene said that Council was pleased to be able to offer more elite level games at Netstrata Jubilee Oval and to provide a temporary home to the Sharks.

“We look forward to hosting both the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks and their dedicated fans,” said Mayor Greene.

Sunshine Coast Mayor Mark Jamieson Council also expressed his excitement surrounding the announcement of the Sharks game in their region next year.

“I’m absolutely thrilled to announce that the Cronulla Sharks have put their faith in the Sunshine Coast to stage one of their NRL premiership home games here in 2020 and 2021,” Mayor Jamieson said.

“We’d love to see plenty of Sharks fans head to the Sunshine Coast next year for what will be another terrific event.”

Mr Munro said the Sharks would now put together a range of members packages to encourage fans to follow the club to their temporary home grounds next year.

These will include incentives to ensure members can return to their current seats at PointsBet Stadium when the Sharks return in 2021.

Mr Munro said an information session for club members will be held next month to provide more details and give fans a chance to ask any questions about the move.

“We apologise for the inconvenience to our loyal fans for the next two years but these works will set up the Sharks for long term success both on and off the field,” he said.

carcharias

Immortal
I don't mind the Idea you have both the princess hway and Rocky Point rd to get there, Trains stations are near by, you dont have to walk long to get there, but saying that I would have loved a couple of games at Henson Park.
It’s just the thought of playing at Kogarah

Are we getting any incentives from Georges River Council or from the Sunshine Coast to play there?
I'm thinking the George's River Council may have given them some good rental price. Originally it was said there were 8 or 9 games to be played there, so to get the extra games some wheeling and dealing may have been done.
But I know nothing, just guessing.
I'm happy about the Sunny Coast games. I'll be up there for sure.

shaggs

Coach
Sunny coast footy trip. I’m happy with that.

I thought I had heard Darwin and was keen to get there too.

Now the elephant in the room. Kogarah is in the process of being (read that as done deal) the home of a new Georges River Shire , multi purpose sports facility.
The closure of Carrs PArk Memorial Pool means that the new aquatic centre will be built at Kogarah, along with facilities for all other sports including basketball, Cricket, Tennis, etc etc etc.
It will be announced within 6 months, tender & design process for 3-6 months & striaght into the build in 2021

coolumsharkie

Referee
Cools, can you tell us where the game would likely be played on the Sunshine Coast ?
I like the idea of going up there for that game, combining it with a road trip.

Quad Park in Kawana. Home of the mighty Falcons, geez they've been hard to support.. Manly feeder then the Storm .. f**k em. I support the locals in the Juniors anyway Go the Colts!! They won it this year also.

taipan

Referee
It’s just the thought of playing at Kogarah

Look on the bright side, we are using the Dragon's Jubilee toilets ,meaning we are not polluting Sharks Park's for a couple of years.That's got to be good for the Shire's environment.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Anyone coming up this way for the games I hope to catch up with will be my motto.

I can also be your (drunken) tour guide if you like.

I'm f**king stoked!

Latest posts