What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Related Podcast Eps

jc155776

Coach
liked the guest this week on Sharkcast.

Called for no SJ love before or during the game.

It’s great when Sam gets a radio pro on with him who also happy to share what they think.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Supposably online there is a call for a SJ lap of honour, stand and applaud at the 7th minute of the game etc….???
Not sure where this is coming from?
It’s the type of thing that reminds me of the clubs inability to read the room - yes a nice thing to do, but hard arse winning clubs wouldn’t do this.
Unless your Manly and get a rainbow jersey up for likes

Supposably online there is a call for a SJ lap of honour, stand and applaud at the 7th minute of the game etc….???
Not sure where this is coming from?
It’s the type of thing that reminds me of the clubs inability to read the room - yes a nice thing to do, but hard arse winning clubs wouldn’t do this.
Unless your Manly and get a rainbow jersey up for likes
Exactly. F$%k that shyte. There's a top 4 positioning battle going on.
No niceties from the peanuts, especially for a part time 1M dollar per season costly player

Big Bloke

Juniors
Nothing for SJ as far as I am concerned. I really hope the club isn't considering doing anything for him.

We all know how he cried and threw his toys out of the pram when he left. Behaviour like that should not be rewarded.

I won't be taking part in any standing ovations or celebrations of any kind on Saturday night. I want to cheer on our boys, the old boys attending and bank the 2 competition points. And I want the Flegg boys to put another 50 on.

DJDL

First Grade

If they're calling for some sort of tribute which is fitting for his time at the club I think this would be more appropriate:

- Everyone kind of pay attention for the first third of the match
- Get raucous and right into it for the second third
- Then midway though the final third pack their bags and head for the exit in a huff

edit - and then wave and smile as you head out the gate.

Eion

First Grade
The Red V poddie is up!
Skip the first half hour of deflection, made up flu masking clinical depression, whimpering explanations as to why his co-host has deserted and you can rejoice in old mate’s defeated tones as he discusses the local derby. Actually hear the bile rise in his throat as he begrudgingly admits the sharks are a better team, then listen to his spirits temporarily soar as he latches on to the metaphorical lifeboat of the sharks ‘soft draw’ to hose down our ladder position. Rejoice when the cogs in his syphilis addled brain turn enough to reveal the Dargons are indeed 2 of those ‘soft draw’ games. Great stuff, recommend. Will try again.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Who remembers 2017? This game. Macaroon Smith's 400th. Much pomp and ceremony including a soft cocked recognition from the Sharks of Smith's greatness. The Sharks lost 40-16

SJ can go and get pharqued. We owe him nothing. I don't care what happens after the game but there shouldn't have been any talk of fanfare and adulation in the week leading up to the game and there certainly shouldn't be any sort of recognition in game.

It's a soft cock act if they do

DJDL

First Grade
If they're calling for some sort of tribute which is fitting for his time at the club I think this would be more appropriate:

- Everyone kind of pay attention for the first third of the match
- Get raucous and right into it for the second third
- Then midway though the final third pack their bags and head for the exit in a huff

edit - and then wave and smile as you head out the gate.

Holy shit, it just occurred to me - did Fitzy read this and adopt it as the game plan?

- Go through the motions early and let the Warriors get on top.
- About 25 minutes in start lifting your intensity and piling on the points.
- Early in the second half, if you get a couple of decisions that don't go your way throw your toys out of the cot.

But don't forget to join the haka at the end to show your appreciation.

I have no issue with the haka combined team send off.
They were doing it for both Johnson and Finucane, it was always going to happen no matter the scoreline.

As for the game, I'm not sure if I'm ready to comment yet.
It would not happen if it was Sunderland vs Newcastle.
Would it be done at a Roosters vs Rabbits game I highly doubt it.
This club needs to bring the hate back, SJ left this club the wrong way, so he gets nothing from us, that's how it always has been, why the shift now I don't know.

It would not happen if it was Sunderland vs Newcastle.
Would it be done at a Roosters vs Rabbits game I highly doubt it.
This club needs to bring the hate back, SJ left this club the wrong way, so he gets nothing from us, that's how it always has been, why the shift now I don't know.
Do you actually watch other games?
A Haka send off between clubs has been going on for years.
Are you also bagging the Warriors players for doing it for Finucane as well?

Do you actually watch other games?
A Haka send off between clubs has been going on for years.
Are you also bagging the Warriors players for doing it for Finucane as well?
I seen that Ronaldo gave SJ an award after the game.
Again would that happen if it was Roosters/Rabbitohs.
Where is the hate this club has for the warriors.
Last year Sunderland management were ripped a new one for going to have an area for Newcastle VIPs a bar for fa cup game, the fans stood up and said no.
That's how it should be

I seen that Ronaldo gave SJ an award after the game.
Again would that happen if it was Roosters/Rabbitohs.
Where is the hate this club has for the warriors.
Last year Sunderland management were ripped a new one for going to have an area for Newcastle VIPs a bar for fa cup game, the fans stood up and said no.
That's how it should be
You're using another countries culture to disparage ours and New Zealand's. Those Kiwi boys are very tight, and our players that play in the indigenous team also have a bond with them.
This has nothing to do with the teams performance on the field.
Do you consider the Sharks team from 2016-2018, when coached by Flanno, to be hard nuts full of hate?