What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Related Podcast Eps

Mako-Ver

Juniors
I've only listened to the first 15 minutes or so of the SharkCast and I wouldn't call it overly fluffy at all.
They spend plenty of time talking about where it went wrong - too many errors at crucial times.
The line "we beat ourselves" is pretty much spot on.

For the most part, we defended well but at the end of the day continually giving the ball to the Storm in good field position is going to hurt you.

My issue is that it seems to be a common theme.
Get to the big games and, pretty much across the board, players just start making fundamental errors and giving way too much opportunity to the opposition.

It's all well and good to console ourselves with "we were right in it, but errors cost us in the end", but it's high time to stop making those errors and get clinical and ruthless in our execution.

We can do it against the lesser lights.
Time to start doing it when it counts.
I put it to you, that Hinze contagious mental illness is the root of all the problems. No Hinze, no mistake off kick off. No Hinze, Williams catches that ball or maybe doesnt play at it? Toby puts that chip in 1 step earlier, etc etc.
Nobody can say thats an outlandish comment, because we just don't know how the Hinze issue, which is directly coming from the cant win big games issue(a direct result of Hinze inability to game manage), has affected everybody's , including the coach's, mental fitness for the job.
Maybe Fitz is right? For the clubs sake, we have to ride this issue out & resolve through commitment, rather than individual responsibility no matter if it takes, 3, 5, 8 seasons.
Personally, i've waited enough seasons for it to resolve, but instead, its gotten worse.

Big Bloke

Juniors
The posts of some of you blokes are so hard to read. No paragraphs, no full stops, multiple commas, FMD where did some of you learn to write?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I put it to you, that Hinze contagious mental illness is the root of all the problems. No Hinze, no mistake off kick off. No Hinze, Williams catches that ball or maybe doesnt play at it? Toby puts that chip in 1 step earlier, etc etc.
Nobody can say thats an outlandish comment, because we just don't know how the Hinze issue, which is directly coming from the cant win big games issue(a direct result of Hinze inability to game manage), has affected everybody's , including the coach's, mental fitness for the job.
Maybe Fitz is right? For the clubs sake, we have to ride this issue out & resolve through commitment, rather than individual responsibility no matter if it takes, 3, 5, 8 seasons.
Personally, i've waited enough seasons for it to resolve, but instead, its gotten worse.
Summarised

Misery loves company.

Special K

Coach

1:18 they really talk about the Sharks.

Talk about the Nicho noise
Talk about dropping Nicho's return from injury
Talk about how to fit DA into the team and what could you do with Nicho
Talk about what Fitz has gotten out of this roster that isn't a star studded one like the Broncos

Mason once again imo is one of the most shocking voices of reason without looking for a hot take.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
Forget Nichois injury. His return. Talk about the semi final agaisnt the Cows 2 years ago. he single handedly ripped defeat from the jaws of victory because he cant kick or game manage. He has not learned, changed or improved. Its there when we win & its there when we lose.

Special K

Coach
Connor tracey cost us the cowboys final dropping the ball over the line at half time and then getting sin binned ain minute 72 but carry on

Mako-Ver

Juniors
hahah utter bullshit. 15 fairy taps landing in the hands of feldt on the 25 metre line instead of deep into ingoal corners cost us. Tamalaulo made 4 line breaks through Hynes in the last ten minutes alone & offloaded, 2 were for trys, because he cant tackle front on. he missed 2-3 goals ? But connor tracey , who gives his all every game & should not have been binned, gets the blame.
Laughable.
I was there. I saw the disaster that I thought Hynes was & it was confirmed in every aspect of his play.
His name should be High Voltage Hynes. He's great when there is no resistance.
or perhaps it should be Broken Arrow? Doesnt work & cant be fired or maybe Feta Hynes. Always crumbles.

Special K

Coach
Fact - He dropped a sitter over the line
Fact - He got binned right after we scored points and had the momentum because he wasn't in the correct position.

Katoa would have iced those moments.

Nicho that game

5/5 goals
7 runs 63m
4 line break assists
3 try assists
1 line break
24 kicks - 751m
28/32 tackles

Reefy, brother... I'm doing your job here.

Last edited:

Mako-Ver

Juniors
wow 1 line break.
Ran 7 times in 100 minutes for 60 metres. surprised his fitness held up
Wow 24 15 metre kiks
3 try assists, made a pass leading to a try, same as the other guys who got the assist.
Missed 4 tackles. 2 lead directly to trys .

Directly responsible for the loss. Complete dud that night & hasnt changed one bit.

ragzouken

Juniors
hahah utter bullshit. 15 fairy taps landing in the hands of feldt on the 25 metre line instead of deep into ingoal corners cost us. Tamalaulo made 4 line breaks through Hynes in the last ten minutes alone & offloaded, 2 were for trys, because he cant tackle front on. he missed 2-3 goals ? But connor tracey , who gives his all every game & should not have been binned, gets the blame.
Laughable.
I was there. I saw the disaster that I thought Hynes was & it was confirmed in every aspect of his play.
His name should be High Voltage Hynes. He's great when there is no resistance.
or perhaps it should be Broken Arrow? Doesnt work & cant be fired or maybe Feta Hynes. Always crumbles.
Wouldn’t he be low amperage Hynes? If your going to use that circuit reference ya gotta ice it

Special K

Coach
Wow 24 15 metre kiks
Ugh double that one mate.751/24 is 31.

3 try assists, made a pass leading to a try, same as the other guys who got the assist.
Umm.. Only other try assist was Ronnie(who got the ball from Nicho)

Nicho passed to Toby, Sifa, Cam and Kennedy for their tries. Gee when Nicho puts Kennedy over the crowd goes wild. 30-22! Townsend puts in one of his too long grubbers. Tracey comes in and tackles him for no reason. Sin binned!

You can argue he should have shut down Dearden but Hiku scores on the other side of the field pantsing Sifa. Connor lets in the 3rd I forgot about that when he came screaming in. Lolo runs through Moylan in the 79th minute on the other side of the f**king field.

I expect the Media to make shit up and be lazy but I think better of you mate. Plus I honestly as someone who has gone against the grain for 20 years here I am shocked the side you have picked here.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
try 1 gilbert straight through hynes
try assist to Rudolph bahahahaha he made it harder for rudolph
Talakai try Moylan put hynes through to score but he couldnt because hes so fricken slow, so hynes gave it to Talaka & gets a TA bahahahahaha
Dearden try, straight through Hynes who rushes out bahahahaha hes going great.
Taualagi try Hynes the only one that doesnt tackle anybody in a man on man line up. Farrkk i forgot how bad he can actually be. Maybe he has improved.
Last try through Moylan who i thought had a pretty good game.
All in all was a good Sharks team with soem greats on their last legs, but enough legs to give the finals a shake , let down by Hynes. & hes continuing to let us down, for the cheap rate of $3500 per day , everyday of the week

Last edited: