What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks Related Podcast Eps

Mako-Ver

Juniors
I've only listened to the first 15 minutes or so of the SharkCast and I wouldn't call it overly fluffy at all.
They spend plenty of time talking about where it went wrong - too many errors at crucial times.
The line "we beat ourselves" is pretty much spot on.

For the most part, we defended well but at the end of the day continually giving the ball to the Storm in good field position is going to hurt you.

My issue is that it seems to be a common theme.
Get to the big games and, pretty much across the board, players just start making fundamental errors and giving way too much opportunity to the opposition.

It's all well and good to console ourselves with "we were right in it, but errors cost us in the end", but it's high time to stop making those errors and get clinical and ruthless in our execution.

We can do it against the lesser lights.
Time to start doing it when it counts.
I put it to you, that Hinze contagious mental illness is the root of all the problems. No Hinze, no mistake off kick off. No Hinze, Williams catches that ball or maybe doesnt play at it? Toby puts that chip in 1 step earlier, etc etc.
Nobody can say thats an outlandish comment, because we just don't know how the Hinze issue, which is directly coming from the cant win big games issue(a direct result of Hinze inability to game manage), has affected everybody's , including the coach's, mental fitness for the job.
Maybe Fitz is right? For the clubs sake, we have to ride this issue out & resolve through commitment, rather than individual responsibility no matter if it takes, 3, 5, 8 seasons.
Personally, i've waited enough seasons for it to resolve, but instead, its gotten worse.

Big Bloke

Juniors
The posts of some of you blokes are so hard to read. No paragraphs, no full stops, multiple commas, FMD where did some of you learn to write?