What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks (Round 20)

Travitoh

First Grade
What about Cook at fullback with Cody back to 5/8? Any takers???

That would've been my first choice to be honest but i have doubts about him running the ball back, he has a habit of jibbing it when he gets to the line already. At 6 he can pick and choose when he wants to run the ball at least.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I don't hate the idea of trying Cook at 5-8 at some point tomorrow night. I feel he has the attributes for it, just his mentality would be the question.

I would like to see us trial a few things in preparation for next season

1. Goodwin
2. AJ
3. Jennings
4. Hunt when fit
5. Burns
6. Cody/Cook
7. AR
8. Sam
9. Farah
10. Tom
11. Crichton
12. Fuimaono
13. Clark or Turner

14. Cook/Cody
15. Murray
16. Musgrove
17. Sutton

18. Cherrington
19. Turner/Clark
20. George
21. Gray

I'm almost prepared to wash my hands of George. There is a spot for him but he needs to put some real form together at the Bears. Cherrington not far away and will be best 17 next year with another preseason under his belt.

I honestly would just be moving AJ to fullback. We need to develop him there. Especially if he's going to play backup in the future. I like the idea of cook at 5/8th but I would sub him on to 5/8th and just give him early ball. Pure running 5/8th. Something we have lost this year. Other than that I like the squad. Clark and Turner is difficult to choose from but i reckon Clark offers much more ball playing wise!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I honestly would just be moving AJ to fullback. We need to develop him there. Especially if he's going to play backup in the future. I like the idea of cook at 5/8th but I would sub him on to 5/8th and just give him early ball. Pure running 5/8th. Something we have lost this year. Other than that I like the squad. Clark and Turner is difficult to choose from but i reckon Clark offers much more ball playing wise!
AJ to fullback and Cody to play 5/8.

Cook to play hooker!!!

Travitoh

First Grade

Pretty much my thinking with Cook, to start with at least anyway and see how he goes. Agreed about Clark v Turner, i feel Clark currently offers more there as a starter before giving Murray a few minutes.
Experience at 1 won't hurt AJ but i feel he is such a weapon on the wing that we actually weaken the team by moving him to FB.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Pretty much my thinking with Cook, to start with at least anyway and see how he goes. Agreed about Clark v Turner, i feel Clark currently offers more there as a starter before giving Murray a few minutes.
Experience at 1 won't hurt AJ but i feel he is such a weapon on the wing that we actually weaken the team by moving him to FB.

Yeah the AJ situation is really difficult but then again this is the perfect time to use burns and Jennings more. See what they have to offer in attack since that's all they really do in 20's. I don't mind what our position is at the end of the year tbh if you're not in the top 8 you're last. So I think we give our younger guys more opportunities to showcase what they have.

greg jay

Juniors
FACT IS SOUTHS HAVE A SHIIIT TEAM FACT!!!AND ANOTHER FACT IS THAT THE DONT KNOWERS ARE NOW SLOWLY REALIZING THAT OLD SHADOW WAS RIGHT DOES 14TH RING A BELL MR GJ?...Shadow...
For the final time Shadow Homme... Get on The Radio 2SMs Talking Sport Ph. 131269 speak to Tunksie and Graham Hughes and read out for thousands to hear your dishonour roll of "duds" then back it up with naming some players you would import. Executing your "plan" will prove to be much more difficult than you realise and you constantly fail to mention Maguire's coaching mentality and philosophy in the discussion. Given current Salary Cap constraints the only realistic way forward in terms of personnel quality for The Crisps is through developing YOUNG UNEXPOSED players such as those in the vastly improved under 20s squad. That said, let Tunks and Hughes comment on your Plan and simultaneously expose your scheme to thousands of football listeners. Gladiator Crowe and Fat Arse Richardson may even be listening so go ahead EXPOSE YOUR PLAN over the air. Oh and for the record Hughes stated to a caller who subsequently commented on my points made on Monday to Tunks that Maguire yes Maguire should be under quote "under enormous pressure."

truthslayer

Juniors
Turner must be there before Clarke and Tyrell , Clark was literally monstered for a try last week, Turner has a good tackle percentage and can take the line on , very rarely gets upended and pushed back when taking the ball up.

Travitoh

First Grade
Turner must be there before Clarke and Tyrell , Clark was literally monstered for a try last week, Turner has a good tackle percentage and can take the line on , very rarely gets upended and pushed back when taking the ball up.

What did Tyrell Fuimaono do so wrong for you to consider Turner ahead of him? Grammar matters ;)
I don't disagree with your points but i do believe that there is potentially a better footballer in Clark than he often shows. There were times this season starting at prop where he has confidently hit the ball up without the shuffle of feet and he has looked good. Also Clark has more middle forward experience while Turner has spent most of his career on an edge.
Turner offers a bit more defensively and Clark offensively, it's down to a matter of opinion from here.

Latest posts