What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks (Round 20)

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
If the rumours are correct that we have plenty of room left in the cap as we are waiting for confirmation for what the cap will be, then 1 of 2 things will happen.

1st scenario is that the cap is confirmed as high. That means we will have a huge war chest. The problem is that a lot of quality is off the market. But it's not all that bad. Plenty of players get released late in the year so we can be competive in bidding. There are still some decent players available. In a worst case scenario we may be able to front load some contracts for our current players like Angus and Fui.

2nd scenario is that the cap is confirmed as lower then expected. In that case plenty of clubs will have to release players and in that case we will be in a good position to pick up some handy players.

This is all under the assumption we have cap space. We could just as easily be almost at the limit

southsport

First Grade
There's still question marks over a number of quality players such as Cronk, Maloney, Peachey, Jimmy the jet and more.........not ot mention some quality youngsters within our own ranks.

truthslayer

Juniors
Souths will have a shiiit team in 2018 because our signatures of gagai & britt will not get us in to the top 4 next year ...Souths need a minimum of 4 very good signings before rd1 next year or we are fugged . If we stay with turner/clark/tyrrell/gosiewski/greinke/cherrington/britt/talakai/jennings/kelly/burns/moceidreke/rudolf/and co we will get smashed to oblivion . How or why are these shiiit nsw cup players all in our souths 1st grade 32 man squad it beggars disbelief and lunacy .
Your an Idiot.I wouldn't let you near a St Marys under 8 s ...I believe Souths recruitments will come to the fore, I do believe the Burgess twins have done nothing this year for the money they are paid, ok yes Tyrell and Clarke, I have seen enough of these players to make judgment , as we have a lot of young players I cannot make judgment yet, get on your broomstick and fly away will you shadow ..to much whining no solution ,, you call Souths players shit , i dont go there give some stats and reasons why ...give you a hint clean the SHIT from your eyes.

callmack1

Staff member
Madge has confirmed that Reyno will be playing on Friday. Good news. There were reports he'd broken his thumb but I think it was just sprained.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Your an Idiot.I wouldn't let you near a St Marys under 8 s ...I believe Souths recruitments will come to the fore, I do believe the Burgess twins have done nothing this year for the money they are paid, ok yes Tyrell and Clarke, I have seen enough of these players to make judgment , as we have a lot of young players I cannot make judgment yet, get on your broomstick and fly away will you shadow ..to much whining no solution ,, you call Souths players shit , i dont go there give some stats and reasons why ...give you a hint clean the SHIT from your eyes.

oi r20... We are coming 14th ...im LMHO at dontknower/dudslayer what on earth is he talking about? talk about having NFI...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

oi dont knower stay with these mediocrity nsw cup players above dont forget we are on 14th maybe you still are thinking souths can still make the 8? but but but your a scream dont knower ile go eat my dinner now but i can tell you now ile be giggling all thru dinner with your dont knowers post above NFI...Shadow:p...

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Let's get in bed together,I hope you respect me in the morning!
Remember those words Rusty,how about our team begins to earn respect from the opposition.
Every club playing us on the way into the semifinals is considering us as a certain 2 points,no respect there Russ.
A long cry from when you said I don't mind if another club wins it every 3rd year or so!!!!!

Pommy

Coach
Let's get in bed together,I hope you respect me in the morning!
Remember those words Rusty,how about our team begins to earn respect from the opposition.
Every club playing us on the way into the semifinals is considering us as a certain 2 points,no respect there Russ.
A long cry from when you said I don't mind if another club wins it every 3rd year or so!!!!!

So a couple of crap seasons and now everything Rusty has done just gets forgotten about?

Sure the performances on the pitch are not good enough, but theres a lot more to the club than just those performances. Is that all irrelevant? Would you rather go back to the 'good old days?'

Itsamansgame

Juniors
So a couple of crap seasons and now everything Rusty has done just gets forgotten about?

Sure the performances on the pitch are not good enough, but theres a lot more to the club than just those performances. Is that all irrelevant? Would you rather go back to the 'good old days?'
Call it an appraisal dear Pommy,as a owner of a business dear Russ is open to a appraisal.
And as I remember in a previous post awhile back you did refer to our club being a business and we it's customers.
Let's just say I'm not happy with the product and the product isn't being delivered as promoted.
I'm demanding a refund!

Pommy

Coach
Call it an appraisal dear Pommy,as a owner of a business dear Russ is open to a appraisal.
And as I remember in a previous post awhile back you did refer to our club being a business and we it's customers.
Let's just say I'm not happy with the product and the product isn't being delivered as promoted.
I'm demanding a refund!

Sure he is but your appraisal seems very narrowly focussed.
It is a buisness but it's a buisness like any other there's 16 teams a few have to be shite every year.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Sure he is but your appraisal seems very narrowly focussed.
It is a buisness but it's a buisness like any other there's 16 teams a few have to be shite every year.
Pommy
2014: Premiers
2015: 7th,went out first game without a whimper.
2016: 12th
2017: Currently 14th,thank god for the turmoil at Newcastle and the Tigpies.
2018: Are things looking any better,unless Gagai can turn himself into 2 quality front rowers and a few quality forwards coming off the bench I honestly can't see it.
With this rapid decline in a business,if I was a shareholder I'd be wanting answers.

Pommy

Coach
Pommy
2014: Premiers
2015: 7th,went out first game without a whimper.
2016: 12th
2017: Currently 14th,thank god for the turmoil at Newcastle and the Tigpies.
2018: Are things looking any better,unless Gagai can turn himself into 2 quality front rowers and a few quality forwards coming off the bench I honestly can't see it.
With this rapid decline in a business,if I was a shareholder I'd be wanting answers.

The answers are we have too much money tied up in the twins. That has been done and it can't be undone, it has to play out.
This business operates within a framework of strict rules, we messed up and we just have to ride it out. I'm sure the shareholders can see that. There is no magic wand to be waved when you are stuck with players and the best part of a million dollars goes down 8 mins in to the season due to a freak injury.