What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks rule out safe haven if Carney and Roosters part ways

AB129*

Juniors
Robson is younger and cheaper than Morris. Isn't Morris on 220k+?? He was one of Stuart's panic signings.

Morris is absolutely surplus to requirements... not an impact player, and we need De Gois out there for as many minutes as possible.

Get him a gig in the UK, sign a NRL standard centre and a NRL standard winger and give Flanagan a 2nd tier deal as our 3rd choice hooker.

Click2000

Juniors
I just think Kelly has to be in there somewhere but where do you play him? I certainly wouldn't play him at centre

I think Townsend was terrible the last few games of last year, although i think he has a big future another year in reserve grade is needed IMO

Kelly 1st shot at half back i reckon

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Get him a gig in the UK, sign a NRL standard centre and a NRL standard winger and give Flanagan a 2nd tier deal as our 3rd choice hooker.

I'd offload flanno aswell. Offers nothing IMO. Let Snelson have the 3rd choice gig. We still have Snelson on the books right?

Vin Fizz

Bench
Robson is younger and cheaper than Morris. Isn't Morris on 220k+?? He was one of Stuart's panic signings.

Morris is absolutely surplus to requirements... not an impact player, and we need De Gois out there for as many minutes as possible.

Agree with that AB, although JM had some crackers of games last season. Degwah should fill that breach and then some. As much as I like JM in our colours he might have to be the one to make way for Toddy boy.

Poss

Juniors
Rothfield's predicted team:

1 Gardner
2 Williams
3 Mills
4 Pomeroy
5 Gordon
6 Carney
7 Townsend
13 Graham
12 Tupou
11 Smith
10 Gallen
9 De Gois
8 Gibbs
14 Fifita
15 Tagatese
16 Green
17 Kelly

No Best and Gordon still there.

Poss

Juniors
From Sharks official facebook page:

It's Official: Todd Carney is now a Shark! More details to follow online. Welcome to the family, Todd

297012_10150367383708360_27172643359_8073444_1253675550_n.jpg

Last edited:

Poss

Juniors
Yeah.... I'd say that they purposely cropped the arms off so that they didnt have to match the skin tone to his face :)

Poss

Juniors
Carney a Shark in 2012

26/10/2011 11:35:26 AM

Todd Carney has put weeks of media speculation behind him by today officially signing with the Cronulla Sharks for the next two seasons.
The confirmation that the 2010 Dally M Player of the Year will be joining the Cronulla club will signficantly bolster an already formidable Sharks playing roster in 2012.
On top of the recent annoucement of skipper Paul Gallen signing on as a ‘Shark for Life’ and coupled with the acquisitions of forwards Andrew Fifta, Bryce Gibbs, Isaac De Gois, Ben Ross, Mark Taufua and Jon Green, along with the signing of halfback Jeff Robson, Carney’s commitment to the Sharks has coach Shane Flanagan understandably excited about his teams prospects next year.
“Todd has shown he is a quality player and is somebody who defintetly adds class to our roster for the next two years,” Flanagan said. “I think our recruitment for 2012 has been excellent and to have Todd coming to the club as well, complementing what we already have, is a huge bonus.”
Carney was the NRL’s outstanding player just two seasons ago, guiding his Roosters side into a Grand Final matchup with the Dragons, with Flanagan confident the playmaker can deliver more of the same for the Sharks over the next two seasons.
“I’m defintely excited to see what Todd can bring to our performances on the field next year. We lost a number of games by less than a converted try last season and if his skill and ability can provide more scoring opportunities and more points for us I can see it being a very positve year for the Sharks,” Flanagan said.
“The fact he kicks goals at a better than 80 percent success rate is also an another plus in his favour.”
While the Sharks were pleased to be welcoming Carney into the fold, the player himself was also eagerly anticipating the move to Cronulla and keen to make an immediate and signficant contribution at his new club.
“I am really looking forward to this opportunity with the Sharks,” Carney said. “Pre-season is just around the corner and the roster for next year looks very strong. I can’t wait to get into training with my new teammates as soon as possible.”
Carney will join the entire Sharks squad, minus Gallen and Jeremy Smith who are on Four Nations duty with the Australian and New Zealand teams respectively, for the start of pre-season training in the coming weeks.

http://www.sharks.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=44732&title=carney-a-shark-in-2012

Windy70

Juniors
Done deal. Well done Sharks. Looking forward to at least being consistently competitive next year instead of the once in every 10 rounds crap.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
It's a great day to be a shark.

Cmon shire girls surely someone out there has her head screwed on, nice rack and is a good sort

RgSharks

Juniors
Rothfield's predicted team:

1 Gardner
2 Williams
3 Mills
4 Pomeroy
5 Gordon
6 Carney
7 Townsend
13 Graham
12 Tupou
11 Smith
10 Gallen
9 De Gois
8 Gibbs
14 Fifita
15 Tagatese
16 Green
17 Kelly

No Best and Gordon still there.

That won't be the team. Flanno has already said Gallen will stay in the backrow for at least another 2 years.

Latest posts