What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks support stronger than most..

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Feelin Hornby said:
As a Dragons Fan who lives in the shire i find that most people who go to Toyota Park roam around on the family hill unknown that there is a game on league even on and also alot of games there are sat night therefore many people start there night off there before heading to the hotspots such as Northies, Carmens etc
Couldn't of said it any better myself. After my experience there last year, it appears like its an 18th birthday party. The amounts of ppl who drink there who are also under-age amazes me.

choc_soldier

Coach
Penrith fans are notoriously bad travellers, but there is a small core of loyal supporters I tend to see at every away match (within NSW anyway), which I guess is encouraging.

Parramatta, on the other hand is great with their away support... I remember when we hosted them last year at Penrith - they definitely made their presence felt (mind you, it's only up the M4, but it was still phenomonal nevertheless).

God-King Dean

Immortal
Toyota Park is a teeny bopper hangout, so little moles in Ug Boots can wander around the stadium making sure everyone looks at them.

simon says

First Grade
All I know is that the Tigers owned Shark Park when we went there.I swear it is the first time I have ever been to a game AWAY and we outnumbered the locals.....

PJ Marshal

Coach
its quite funny that not many supporters travel outside of cronulla and not many trophys travel back in

***MH***

Bench
gees, post a topic more credible when there is something in the trophy cabinet to talk about.....

Hindyscrack

Bench
Feelin Hornby said:
As a Dragons Fan who lives in the shire i find that most people who go to Toyota Park roam around on the family hill unknown that there is a game on league even on and also alot of games there are sat night therefore many people start there night off there before heading to the hotspots such as Northies, Carmens etc

Bums on seats is all that counts... As a non broncos supporter i often head up from the coast for a sat night game as a way to start a night of in vegas. Put a bet on which makes it more interesting and hope i win some coin to drink with

Deacon

First Grade
Hindyscrack said:
Bums on seats is all that counts... As a non broncos supporter i often head up from the coast for a sat night game as a way to start a night of in vegas. Put a bet on which makes it more interesting and hope i win some coin to drink with

So therefore u are watching the game

fatshark

Bench
Toyota Park is a teeny bopper hangout, so little moles in Ug Boots can wander around the stadium making sure everyone looks at them.

Ok you might be right, but thats your problem if you choose to sit on the family hill and act tough with your dumbass GST sign. Honestly get over the GST ffs.
Last time I went to Kogarah I was verbally abused by some idiot with a mullet, no teeth , a stoopid jumper with Ainscoyte on the back. His 3 kids all looked the same!!

Stranger

Coach
Couldn't of said it any better myself. After my experience there last year, it appears like its an 18th birthday party. The amounts of ppl who drink there who are also under-age amazes me.
Agreed. The locals aged 12-18 were all half drunk, absoultely discusting... but hey? Pays the bills aye?
i find that most people who go to Toyota Park roam around on the family hill unknown
Exactly... all the cheep schoolgirls in their ugg boots, running shorts and singlets, walking around in 10-15degree weather...
You can see them just doing laps, with beers in their hands...

The only bonus to Shark park is that you can still do the lap...

The number of sharks jumpers outside the seated area is basically 0...

innsaneink

Referee
Stranger said:
Agreed. The locals aged 12-18 were all half drunk, absoultely discusting... but hey? Pays the bills aye?

Exactly... all the cheep schoolgirls in their ugg boots, running shorts and singlets, walking around in 10-15degree weather...
You can see them just doing laps, with beers in their hands...

The only bonus to Shark park is that you can still do the lap...

The number of sharks jumpers outside the seated area is basically 0...

I find this amusing coming from someone who's, what....17-18?

True about the old GST sign...its now lame AND old.

Southernsaint

Staff member
innsaneink said:
True about the old GST sign...its now lame AND old.

The GST Sign is a classic and a Saints institution. It’s been from Townsville to Melbourne, from Auckland to Adelaide.

But I do prefer this one:

2005_20_01crowd.jpg