What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks' tough trial

Quigs

Immortal
From Jardz tweeter...

Full time: Manly 18 - Cronulla 4. Some positives for us though. Most notably, Albert Kelly. He's like Peach and Preston put together.

Thanks for the heads up Jardz,

Was the weather sh!t down there again? I was all ready to watch the cricket on TV as I am bored sh!tless and the bloody things washed out.

So I am in here pushing refresh.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Frenzy.

Immortal
Crowd for tonight: 3126

Less kids for free (does that include the Blue Powder Monkeys?). Less Manly's gate. Less costs etc etc

Probably lost money on he night

Well done Elmer

Quigs

Immortal
Neither, I imitate you!

redders.jpg

Just keep typing Redders ......... if anyone requires more proof.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
Here you go boys.

Sea Eagles NRL squad win first trial match against Cronulla Sharks
Jessica Ivers at Shark Park

Friday, 12 February 2010
Rain was hammering down as the players took to the field but the many faithful fans that turned up to watch the game were in full voice.
The crowd of 3,126 stuck it out in the rain, and although it was only a trial match, it was fiery game.
Terence Seu Seu was delivering some big hits to his former team mates as the Sea Eagles NRL squad had their first trial for 2010.
The slippery conditions took a little getting used to by Manly and errors were a common in each set.
The Sharks were making ground on the Sea Eagles and on a number of occasions got close to the try line.
Youngster Will Hopoate was giving his all. Other new players to the squad including Darcy Lussick, Jamie Buhrer and Trent Hodkinson were showing potential for 2010.
Cronulla’s Stuart Mills almost made it to the tryline but was tackled by some of Manly’s giants and stayed on the ground concussed. It looked to be more serious than first assumed, with the medical team brought out to the field, and he was taken off on the mobile medical van.
Dean Whare was looking a little over confident as he attempted a few offloads that just ended up on the sideline.
Just minutes into the second quarter, Daly Cherry-Evans got the ball rolling for the Sea Eagles. He converted his own try, bagging six of Manly’s points for the game to himself.
The second ‘team” came on in the third quarter, giving spectators a look at other potential halfback, Kieran Foran.
Jamie Lyon sent a flick pass to Glenn Stewart who then smoothly passed it to Tony Williams who made his way easily over the line. Jamie Lyon converted this try, putting the score at 12-0.
Dean Whare showed off his skills when the ball was flicked up into air, and he managed to grab it before placing it down on the slippery grass with ease. A conversion again by Lyon notched up an 18-0 lead.
Brett Stewart got knocked about a bit when he ran into the goal post but managed to get up just fine.
Jason King then had his face pummelled into by Kade Snowden. With blood dripping down the side of his face, King exited the paddock and Snowden was sin binned.
“Snake” showed the knock on the head didn’t faze him at all by running with blinding speed down the field with the ball, before he was stopped by the referee blowing his whistle for a penalty.
The Sharks then took this as their opportunity, and Ben Pomeroy scored Cronulla’s first points of the evening.
But as the full time buzzer sounded, the Sea Eagles had won the match 18-4.

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx...win-first-trial-match-against-cronulla-sharks

Quigs

Immortal
Keep living in your fantasy world Quigs....the one where Dicky can actually coach!

If the court permits.........

I tender exhibit #10/46a.... as shown above.

redders.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Whats teh matter Redders? Caught up in traffic ? couldnt make it to the game? Or is there an AFL match on somewhere for you?

Dutchy

Immortal
Under 20's Sea Eagles fight back for win in trial
Jessica Ivers

Friday, 12 February 2010
After trailing 8-0 at the beginning of the fourth quarter, the Manly Sea Eagles Toyota Cup team have won their trial match over the Cronulla Sharks.
Greg Davis was the first try scorer for the Sharks, setting up a 4-0 lead.
The sharks dominated the majority of the first quarter, testing the junior squad. Jack Webster really shone in the opening stages, even managing a few short bursts over the park.
The Sharks still had the lead going into the third quarter, with the score still at 4-0.
As the fourth quarter began, so did the rain.
But only minutes in the Sea Eagles finally put some points on the board.
Gary Riccardi crashed his way over the line, putting the score at 8-4.
The rain made for slippery conditions, and the Sea Eagles were having a hard time holding onto the ball.
After a fumble, Cronulla’s Tyrone Peachey picked up the ball and notched the Sharks up to 12 points.
But Manly were fighting their way back as the clock counted down, and managed another two tries. The buzzer sounded and the Sea Eagles had won the game 16-12.
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=22557

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'll keep you guessing, but I bet you were there checking out Barrett. Do you still think he's cute?
I bet I wasn't & I wish I was half as cute as him, so yeah I do.
Do you still think you can make this forum believe that somebody with such a visible lack of intelligence as yourself would be allowed to fly any type of aircraft? Actually I wonder how you got your bus drivers license.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Do you still think you can make this forum believe that somebody with such a visible lack of intelligence as yourself would be allowed to fly any type of aircraft? Actually I wonder how you got your bus drivers license.

A joke which has probably just dawned on him only just now... :lol:

redback

Bench

If a Sharks match clashed with the Mardi Gras, where would you be?

If you are nice to me, I may even introduce you to some of the male stewards if you are ever on one of my flights.