What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v dragons Game Day!

Quigs

Immortal
I'm still whinging and we won.

Geeze we were diabolical.

I just got to the stage where i laughed everytime we farkkkked up. Ended up a very humourous night indeed.

Youse know our leading tryscorer has now scored more tries this year then our two strike centres combined. What position is the leading tryscorer again.

Narhhhh we will absolutely slay em in the finals.

I might start a run of T shirts now

dragons21

First Grade
As a dragons fan (who knew from the start this was going to be a lonnnng season), i can have more of a subjective view of the "derby".

First of all, it was one of those games that someone had to end up winning, despite both teams being rather shite. Was a heartbreaking loss in the end but before the game kicked off it was a result that 90% of people knew was coming. Can be extremely proud of the spare-parts mob that we fielded tonight, with no lesss than 8 of our top 17 out against a near-full strength top 8 team with everything to play for.

Sharks fans will say 2 points is 2 points, which are vital at this time of year, but i wouldnt take too much heart about "winning ugly". Winning ugly can usually describe a dour performance where a tough grinding win was punched out. Tonight, you guys were diabolical (which kept us in the match all night), but you got the chance to steal it at the end and did. This sort of performance in a semi final will not lead to an "ugly win" though.

Reffereeing was shit, but nothing to be unexpected with the current standards of NRL refs. Yeah the Beau Ryan try was very very dodgy, but you see them given i spose. In terms of the FIFITA try, my red and white glasses say NO TRY, but public opinion is split- some interesting pictures floating around social media indicating nightingale may have got there first. Look, going by the rules (which are seldom followed, the refs initial call should hold up here- meaning sharks win). However, What does irk me though is the ONE clear look at it! Every game, it seems a very black and white situation is sent to the video ref, and it is sometimes looked at 3-5 times. This was the match winning decision for either team, was 50-50, but they looked at it twice, ignoring several other angles available. MYSTIFIYING.

Anyways congrats on the win, but im confident as of next year our favourite chant will be extended to - "47 years and won f**k all- sharkies, sharkies :) "

Card Shark

Immortal
I / we know that we are going nowhere in the finals with that performance but the positive we get out of it is the 2 points does probably take us there. IMO, we had 3 tries disallowed so it evened out a bit in the end.

Video refs are a frustrating breed. For some unknown reason they like to look at definite tries over & over, don't see things most punters see & look at inconclusive angles many times whilst looking at the best angle just once.

It can't be that hard of a job can it??

carcharias

Immortal
I say this is safe to say.

534219_616661635040415_381015074_n.jpg

runatme

Bench
As a dragons fan (who knew from the start this was going to be a lonnnng season), i can have more of a subjective view of the "derby".

First of all, it was one of those games that someone had to end up winning, despite both teams being rather shite. Was a heartbreaking loss in the end but before the game kicked off it was a result that 90% of people knew was coming. Can be extremely proud of the spare-parts mob that we fielded tonight, with no lesss than 8 of our top 17 out against a near-full strength top 8 team with everything to play for.

Sharks fans will say 2 points is 2 points, which are vital at this time of year, but i wouldnt take too much heart about "winning ugly". Winning ugly can usually describe a dour performance where a tough grinding win was punched out. Tonight, you guys were diabolical (which kept us in the match all night), but you got the chance to steal it at the end and did. This sort of performance in a semi final will not lead to an "ugly win" though.

Reffereeing was shit, but nothing to be unexpected with the current standards of NRL refs. Yeah the Beau Ryan try was very very dodgy, but you see them given i spose. In terms of the FIFITA try, my red and white glasses say NO TRY, but public opinion is split- some interesting pictures floating around social media indicating nightingale may have got there first. Look, going by the rules (which are seldom followed, the refs initial call should hold up here- meaning sharks win). However, What does irk me though is the ONE clear look at it! Every game, it seems a very black and white situation is sent to the video ref, and it is sometimes looked at 3-5 times. This was the match winning decision for either team, was 50-50, but they looked at it twice, ignoring several other angles available. MYSTIFIYING.

Anyways congrats on the win, but im confident as of next year our favourite chant will be extended to - "47 years and won f**k all- sharkies, sharkies :) "

cool story bro no one here gives a fugg
back to the slums of carlton for you

Feej

First Grade

cool story bro no one here gives a fugg
back to the slums of carlton for you

A bit harsh mate. I thought he was pretty fair in his summary, and I can't disagree with his closing paragraph, even though the "40 something years" thing is a bit of a bore.

newman

First Grade
yuppie scum

Not many yuppies live in Bondi. It's the realm of deadshit hipsters, Gaylords (particularly north Bondi), rich Jewish trophy wives, English f**kwits on 457s who work in PR and a few homeless brazilians.

fizman

Bench
I live in engadine
Nothing ever happens.... Just the way I like shit.

I was down at Anzac Oval yesterday for a look and I have to say that those playing grounds both Soccer and RL are nothing short of diabolical.

They are an absolute disgrace.

carcharias

Immortal
They got flooded badly during winter .
The council were doing something there at the Achilles end for weeks.

Terrible drainage .

Latest posts