What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks! v Melbourne press conference madness. NRL fines Storm $50,000

Azkatro

First Grade
Just heard some tidbits on 2UE of the press conference - Ricky Stuart called Brian Waldron a flip and a nobody! This is after Craig Bellamy apparently unleashed for a good 15 minutes about people betting on Cameron Smith's suspension, combined with Ricky Stuart's comments, affecting the outcome of the hearing. But I missed most of that. Did anybody else catch the comments by Bellamy, then Waldron, then Stuart? Ugly game, ugly aftermath ...

Last edited:

Cletus

First Grade
Got a link :) It was always going to wnd this way, Bellmay is losing the plot and won't ever see why fans hate his tactics.

Evolution

Juniors
It was on sports tonight.

Some snippits in here.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24408805-23214,00.html

Mostly Bellemy going on about media pressure forcing a decision, Stuarts preempting of the finding and a not so subtle hint that the bookies had insider knowledge that they were going to convict before they even put their case forward.

Got a link :) It was always going to wnd this way, Bellmay is losing the plot and won't ever see why fans hate his tactics.

I think it has more to do with the witch hunt that seems to be involved with it. Storm do not make public attacks on other clubs calling for suspension but he does have a video of something like 300 tackles that have been let go and he is annoyed at the lack of action involved in other grapples only to make a line in the sand so close to the finals.

Last edited:

roopy

Referee
Good way to rev up the team and rev up melbourne support.

Paint a picture in the Melbourne press of Sydney people bashing the team. Even Melbourne people who hate league will jump on that bandwagon.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Bellamy deserves a big fine if he was inferring the judiciary members placed bets before suspending Smith. can't stand Bellamy and his filthy team

Evolution

Juniors
Bellamy deserves a big fine if he was inferring the judiciary members placed bets before suspending Smith. can't stand Bellamy and his filthy team

He never inferred that. He inferred that they had already made a decision before the judgment and the bookies knew the answer.

Stuart should have been fined for talking about an open case before the hearing or are the NRL going to show their double standards two weeks in a row?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
If that isn't Bellamy questioning the integrity of the judiciary, I don't know what is.

El Diablo

Post Whore
He never inferred that. He inferred that they had already made a decision before the judgment and the bookies knew the answer.

so he'd be then inferring the judiciary told the bookies before they handed down the decision

same difference

Evolution

Juniors
so he'd be then inferring the judiciary told the bookies before they handed down the decision

same difference

But you said he said they had a bet on it. A very big difference.

People talk it's not like it is the hight of professionalism.

Lungfish

Juniors
He was always going to be suspended,Ricky had nothing to do with it.Martina is such a drama queen!:crazy:

camsmith

Juniors
Wow. I think he was as frustrated as I was all week.. and it just got too much.

That "grapple tackle" we got penalised for tonight was when I lost it. Absolute disgrace to the professionalism of the NRL.

Anyone got a video of the tackle Bellamy was talking about in the Dragons game?

I agree with him on most things, not sure what he was getting at with the bookies bit, but on everything else absolutely agree.

El Diablo

Post Whore
But you said he said they had a bet on it. A very big difference.

People talk it's not like it is the hight of professionalism.

hardly

if he's saying the j tipped the bookies off as the decision had already been made there's really no difference at all

and what benefit would they get out of doing that anyway :?

Bellamy should cop a fine imo

Evolution

Juniors
hardly

if he's saying the j tipped the bookies off as the decision had already been made there's really no difference at all

and what benefit would they get out of doing that anyway :?

Bellamy should cop a fine imo

When Stuart does I am happy to see him fined.

I bet Bellemy went into his tirade with full support of the club knowing he would be fined anyway. Sometimes you just have to vent your spleen.

Cletus

First Grade
Good way to rev up the team and rev up melbourne support.

Paint a picture in the Melbourne press of Sydney people bashing the team. Even Melbourne people who hate league will jump on that bandwagon.

Spot on Roopy, Channel Nine should be carrying on about the rough treatment of the Storm up North during the week, what with the lack of AFL grand finals next weekend. THey'd be nuts not to, I'll wait and see what happens though with their sh*t coverage of the finals so far.