What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks! v Melbourne press conference madness. NRL fines Storm $50,000

Dragon

Coach
WOW.

Anyone catch that post match conference just shown on Fox sports news?

Bellamy and Waldron just made some very powerful enemies in the press me-thinks.

He basically accused the betting agencies of somehow knowing the judiciary result because of the odds. Had a go at Sticky etc. Even had a dig at the Saints' Stuart Webb for some tackle in the Manly final.

Stay tuned, sh*t just hit the fan.

Evolution

Juniors
Bellamy and Waldron just made some very powerful enemies in the press me-thinks.

I think the pre-existing enemy's were the reason for the blow up. Probably just made some people more vengeful. Or made them happy for a while to have a good story to write.

Cletus

First Grade
What are they on about, anyone could have guessed the judiciary result and betting agencies turned thier odds around once it came around. Are they suggesting the betting agencies had an influence on the decision to ban Smith? What a pair of idiots. Link please:)

Dragon

Coach
Fair enough Evo, but fair dinkum dont you think they just made it worse?

Im not having a go at the fans here btw, just amazed at the way Craig conducted himself. Ive never seen him so pissed off.

pnub

Juniors
WOW.

Anyone catch that post match conference just shown on Fox sports news?

He basically accused the betting agencies of somehow knowing the judiciary result because of the odds. Had a go at Sticky etc. Even had a dig at the Saints' Stuart Webb for some tackle in the Manly final.

Stay tuned, sh*t just hit the fan.

As he said he multiple times he wasn't having a go at Stewart Webb he was just trying to point out a grapple tackle that he believed was worse but never got charged.
And when it comes to enemies in the Sydney papers lol really have you seen the sh*t the storm cops from them already?? I'm going to assume he was of the belief that it couldn't get any worse but hey I guess time will tell on that.

Evolution

Juniors
Fair enough Evo, but fair dinkum dont you think they just made it worse?

Im not having a go at the fans here btw, just amazed at the way Craig conducted himself. Ive never seen him so pissed off.

When you are angry you rant about nonsense stuff.

I really don't know how much worse he can make it anyway. It's not like the media don't already go out of their way to get Storm players suspended. The whole thing was pre planned so they had to know what the consequences were likely to be.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sorry if I come off as narky, just seeing so many threads on same or similar topics, gets hard to follow after a while lol

pnub

Juniors
Sorry if I come off as narky, just seeing so many threads on same or similar topics, gets hard to follow after a while lol

Personally i think at the rate we are going the storm will need their own subsection at the top of the main page just like the game day spoilers one

Dragon

Coach
lol someone give Timmah mod privileges FFS

:p

Nevermind me, just finished a movie only to switch on fox sports and it was pretty intense to say the least.

pnub

Juniors
lol someone give Timmah mod privileges FFS

:p

Nevermind me, just finished a movie only to switch on fox sports and it was pretty intense to say the least.

Yeah 34 minutes all up i would love to see the entire thing but the foxsports news one i saw at 10:30 was only 9 minutes.
I'm sure we'll hear about it in the paper for the next week

Dragon

Coach
LOL Stuart -

"Brian Waldrons a flip"

"Wally Waldron needs to learn the rules.."

Last edited:

pnub

Juniors
Stuart saying he had no agenda against Cameron Smith oh that is so funny. If there was no agenda at all he would have had no need to comment. Its not that hard to say "No comment" when asked a question about it. He made a comment because he would have rather seen Cam not play against the sharks now he has to live with that.

Well at least the 100,000 won the other week will come in good use with the fine that is sure to come bellyaches way i only wish i could watch the entire 34 minutes.

Cletus

First Grade
He also said that it was a shocking looking tackle, which it was. I'd hate to defend Ricky but if you think his words had an effect on the outcome you're kidding yourself. It lloked terrible and deserved a couple of weeks. I'm dieing to see Bellamy's interview. What a f**king whinger.

pnub

Juniors
He also said that it was a shocking looking tackle, which it was. I'd hate to defend Ricky but if you think his words had an effect on the outcome you're kidding yourself. It lloked terrible and deserved a couple of weeks. I'm dieing to see Bellamy's interview. What a f**king whinger.

No I don't think for a second his words affected the outcome. I agree with you that it was an ugly looking tackle. But Ricky shouldn't have commented on it and to now say he had no agenda its a bit silly because hey obviously there was one there. It was easy to just say no comment when asked about the tackle and that’s my point it would have been better for him all round to say no comment.

I read in another article that they handed out the story with Stuart’s comments in it to every storm player during the week so in effect all it did was fire them up. I just personally think it was a bit stupid on his behalf to say anything.

As for Bellyache the storm have copped all this for years I think he has finally just got to the point where enough is enough for him so he's whinging back. Yes whinging about the whinging but as they say sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

Latest posts