What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks v Raiders game day thread

Frenzy.

Immortal
As good as Ronnie was last night, man I wish he would just stay on his winger in defence and let our inside defenders come to him. We have had a lot of tries scored against us with unmarked wingers well outside Ronnie. Two tries last night and almost a third that he luckily got his fingers to the pass to knock it out of play.
He can't just stay out for the sake of it. If there's good play inside from the opposition ball players who can straighten up and drag in defenders the winger is stuck beteen a rock and a hard place. If he doesn't move in they score inside him most times because the shortage is created on the inside. Looks bad when it happens but it's a system breakdown not a player error per se.

SharkShocked

Bench
He can't just stay out for the sake of it. If there's good play inside from the opposition ball players who can straighten up and drag in defenders the winger is stuck beteen a rock and a hard place. If he doesn't move in they score inside him most times because the shortage is created on the inside. Looks bad when it happens but it's a system breakdown not a player error per se.

Not to mention the combination in defence and the trust takes time to develop, first game with Ronny and Iro so you can understand there are going to be a few moments of indecision.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Re watched the game again.
First 12 minutes both teams were lazy
next 15 minutes all Raiders
after that it was us

Kennedy - He seems out of sorts a few errors drop balls, bad passes, let a bomb bounce, a nice kick for Ronaldo try though.
Katoa - Did well bounced out of tackles, great chase for Braileys try
Ramien - Bad start dropped ball, bad miss on Savage, after that back into beast mode
Iro - slow start, after he gave pass for Ronaldo's try he was fine taken 2nd run lots of time, great chase with Ronaldo to tackle Fogarty on 6ht, great line ran for try.
Mulitalo - Played well fired up when he needed to, gave it back to Tapine but not in a stupid way, I did like what I saw when Hynes taking conversion of Katoa try it was Ronaldo in group laying it down.
Trindall - Great bounce back, kicking game good, when he takes on line inside 20 is dangerous
Hynes - Another bounced back, also was running the ball more keeps defenders thinking, goal kicking superb
Kaufisi - Struggled when on field, I cant see how he will be in 17 when all fit
Brailey - This is what he should have been doing for years, putting kick in, going for runs, backing up, do this every week we are much better
Hazelton - Hasnt improved as we thought, I am going to put this down that he has increased minutes, so has plateued, when we get more middles back he plays 5-10 less be interesting
Talakai - couple of dropped balls, but held his own
Wilton - continues to improve, defending so well
McInness - 80 minutes never stopped made a mistake gets back into it it
Atkinson - limited minutes did what he had to
Williams - the game changer he is the best bench player in the game his runs, but also his tackling causing dropped balls, no points were scored against us when he was on the field
Tooks - Played basically 20 minutes, that's how much Hunt would play, he offers more much younger, if he can play 15-20 like that every week would be ideal
Burns - played well limited minutes did what he had to do, its if the dragons stench leaving him, back into a quality system he has improved

Frenzy.

Immortal
A different stat. Who's working hardest? What way did the play go?

Example. Atkinson played 11 minutes and made 7 tackles. That's a tackle every 1.57 minutes

Who did the rest? Forwards only

PlayersAverage tackles per minute
Atkinson1.57

How embarrassing. You would think their focus after the game would be to work out which players need a rest from first grade next week.

jc155776

Coach
It’s a media distraction by Ricky’s mates to keep the heat of him. Protected species. Plays the Rugbah league game well with his mates running the protection racket.

DJDL

Bench
DH is on the outside of the red line. The one that is there for a reason. I don’t think there is a formal complaint, I think there is a Michael Chammas looking for relevance.

Chammas: Lebanese for "comb over"

Frenzy.

Immortal

SharkShocked

Bench
DH is on the outside of the red line. The one that is there for a reason. I don’t think there is a formal complaint, I think there is a Michael Chammas looking for relevance.

I noticed him preparing to run past at the same time he was lining the kick up at the ground.

Thought it looked intentional / a very smart ass type move.

Not at all surprised it attracted some attention.

Latest posts