1. Round 9 Edition OUT NOW:

The Round 9 issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

This week Andrew Ferguson shares an incredible piece detailing the birthplaces of rugby league and its clubs in Sydney. As always, we have the full program for the coming weekend's action across NRL, NSWRL and QRL with a wrap-up of the weekend just gone.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 9 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Sharks veteran sends warning over coach’s contract uncertainty

Discussion in 'Cronulla Sutherland Sharks' started by Frenzy., Apr 8, 2021.

1. Card Shark

Card Shark Immortal

Apologies to your brother Glenmore

glenmoresharkie likes this.
  2. glenmoresharkie

glenmoresharkie First Grade

Well I mean he is QUALIFIED as one but I don’t believe his current job title is that. Anyway, he’s worked with Read before and like many others he can’t stand him.

3. 2012....Sharks Year

2012....Sharks Year Bench

How is Phil going Glenmore? Has A.A managed to help him sort his shit out?

glenmoresharkie likes this.
  4. Frenzy.

Frenzy. Immortal

He's stuck at Step 9

sladden road likes this.
  5. txta2

txta2 Bench

A few wins and all these commentators/journos back the coach. A few losses the knives are out , and they create the rumours. f**k them, I'm glad the club is holding back.

6. Thick Skinned Shark

Thick Skinned Shark Juniors

Another one we let go! The Coach didn't lose that one -key players tiredness did

7. Stake Removed

Stake Removed Moderator Staff Member

But he is the one sending out instructions he is the one coaching them it falls in him always has they are now 2 and 3.
    Yet to win a back to back game this season, just blew a 14 point lead in 25 minutes to lose by 8.
    They need to win 3 of next 4 or he can go.
    That's gets them 5 from 9

8. shadowboxer

shadowboxer Bench

Bring
    Back
    Raper
    Agree the loss is not acceptable but who replaces Morris??

9. Griffoshark66

Griffoshark66 First Grade

For f**k sake. Let's sack him and get an unknown, untested Merkin. f**k off merkin. We had a crack. We lost.

10. Eion

Eion First Grade

To be fair to stakey, I think the board have a point. Bomber seems to me a quite good coach, but is he a top 4, premiership winning coach in the next 2-3 years?

11. DJDL

DJDL Bench

Yep, I hate to say it Eion, but I think the writing is on the wall for Bomber.

That was a complete and utter capitulation.

Stake Removed likes this.
  12. Stake Removed

Last week against a weak team we go on with it.
    This week against a decent team we fold at first point when we were under pressure

13. Griffoshark66

Griffoshark66 First Grade

Two missed tackles away from a win. Ronnie f**ked up badly on Tupou and Chad should have done better on Walker. Not Bomber's fault. I don't think we should sign him up tomorrow, but we are a much better team than last year. He has improved us.

14. Stake Removed

There will be no improvement we will be lucky too win 2 of next 4, then still under 50 per cent.
    He can't coach in pressure games.
    It became evident 2019 finals vs manly they had so many out and he didn't get team ready, and since that game it hasn't changed.

Bomber looks to be a coach if U want 7-10th that's him

15. Jimmy O

Jimmy O Juniors

Agree, not enough has changed. I think he did well to get us by, but at this stage he can’t seem to get them up to a top 4 level. It may be individuals who slack off, but this is NRL. Grit and determination should be played to the last minute. We need a bellyache or a flano to kick some esky lids at them, to make them fearful of walking back to that shed empty handed.

imasharkie and Stake Removed like this.
  16. 1990 sharkie

1990 sharkie Juniors

I don't get why you guys are talking about top 4? Go through the top 5 teams and compare those teams against ours. 1 to 13 out players would rank 5th or 6th in every position. If Johnson was healthy he'd crack top 3 in his position but that's it.

We are not a top 4 team or even a top 6 team. We are 7 to 10 and that's been clear as day for a few years.

If you want top 4 we need a new coach and new players and if the reports are true then coach has to go to get the players

17. Chimp

Chimp Juniors

Just on Brent Read - A few weeks ago on Triple M, he threw Seibolds name up and said the Sharks were looking at him as a replacement for Morris. Paul Kent called him out on it, and Read went to pieces and basically said ‘no, it’s not come from the club, but he’s available, and I think they should be looking at him’ - but his original words were that we WERE looking at him.
    I’m no Paul Kent fan, but he did calm him out for trying to look after his mate Seibs

18. Eion

Eion First Grade

The only way this current squad is top 4, is if the full team is on deck...very few injuries.

The point on top 4 and premierships is if we feel bomber is the one to take us there? It’s crystal ball stuff for everyone, including bomber and the board. I’m not putting a line through him, but I’m leaning more and more towards ‘no’.

DJDL likes this.
  19. southland

southland Juniors

Cameron Ciraldo would be my pick. Under Bellamy ideal:grinning:. Awkward timing but the world has sped up

20. bad boy bubby

bad boy bubby Coach

Bomber was brought into a First Grade job where the club was in a very trying situation. The Flange f**ked us over again, over inflated salaries that made our cap lop-sided, not to mention the cap fine which happened under his (Flange) watch.
    Morris had only just started as a first grade assistant coach, one year maybe two? How many current 1st grade coaches have only had a year or two under their belt as being assistants? I know Sticky was one but he had Gus guiding him and once Gus left the situation Ricky got a bit found out in his limitations.
    Bomber had a bit of success in the U20's but that to me has always been a bit of a worry as to what happened in that team. They were streets ahead of all the other teams until the finals where they went out in straight sets. It's like a warning shot as to what is going on in Firsts now.
    I think he has the making of a very good coach, but I've said it all along, he was coming in three years too early without fulfilling a real apprenticeship. I blame that on the club as they took the cheapest option in getting him in.
    I get where the club is coming from in demanding continuous success, its what we, as supporters, want as well.
    My other worry in all this is that the last time the club was behaving like this was back in 2001 when they went after, and got, Anderson, thinking that Johnny Lang couldn't bring them the success that was craved. History shows that Langy went on to win a Premiership with the Panthers and Anderson tore the heart out of the club that wouldn't be truly fixed for over 10 years.