What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks veteran sends warning over coach’s contract uncertainty

sladden road

Juniors
IMO sign Bonber for two more years. Not at 700 like the Orr bros asked for last year, seriously f**k heads who have f**ked the club over before. Let him have a crack not impeded
by Flannos mess and step out of the way.
Seibold, Ciradlo no f**king way
Fitzgibbons,yes but he won’t come here from the rosters.
Bellamy won’t come. The old 360 board said the other day it’s a million to one and I agree.
And listening to Flanno commentating, the game has moved beyond him already. f**k that. We will get more of the same. This is now a young persons game, as in player roster amd that is not Flannos strength,we can’t have the same f**k ups that got us here .

Last edited:

shadowboxer

First Grade
My motto in life is to try and keep moving forward and don’t look back too often...hard to do at times but it keeps me on a even keel after a lot of negative years and tough times.
I feel for most fans completely up in arms at the current state of play with the club - whether the ability of Morris, Chad etc.
One thing for certain, the club needs to move forward pragmatically - take no prisoners attitude, like the successful clubs ala Roosters. How the club gets there is another hurdle but I get the feeling it already has started - hence the delays in signing the coach, punting Fifita.
It will be interesting to see the clubs approach to results such as last night fade out going forward.

Sharkorff

Juniors
I feel for most fans completely up in arms at the current state of play with the club - whether the ability of Morris, Chad etc.
One thing for certain, the club needs to move forward pragmatically - take no prisoners attitude, like the successful clubs ala Roosters. How the club gets there is another hurdle but I get the feeling it already has started - hence the delays in signing the coach, punting Fifita.
You can see why Morris won’t get re-signed. It’s unfortunate he came in to fixt-it after the Flanno shart show but invariably, he’s a product of the pre-premiership winning Cronulla. That “Ever Say Die” attitude and the near enough is good enough culture that festered and rotted through the core of the club. Sucked to be a supporter before we eventually won.
Someone like Fitzgibbon is not from that pedigree. He’s been a premiership winner and an understudy of success. For a recent example, I can’t see him praising a Chad Townsend when he has a stellar performance against a team of deadset nuffies but then gets schooled by a boy, to lose the game the following week. We’re not in the same position as the Anderson era. We had a gun in Campbell. If players are waiting to see if Morris is re-signed before they commit, then please, follow him out the door. Bring on the new era.

Ads

First Grade
Who really cares what we do with morris. He’s doing ok I guess but I like that we have ambition. He’s had 3 seasons, not like we dropped him after one. Can’t see him taking us to the top and that should be all that matters.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Morris seems like a nice bloke and unfortunately that’s where it ends in life as nice guys finish last.
I think he has done a stellar job under plenty of adversity, but good enough ain’t enough.
Not sure if Fitzgibbon will even sign on the dotted line - for all the wraps he has, he seems to be sitting on his hands under the supreme leaders command in the Eastern Suburbs. Be interesting to see how it plays out

coolumsharkie

Referee
They see Trent Robinson and the Roosters systems in him I'd say.

Kind of like how people line up to get Bellamy assistants because of what Bellamy and Storm do.

But how Bellamy assistants have succeeded? Maguire won a comp. Kearney could barely win a game. O'Brien on a hiding to nothing at the Knights at the moment. Kevin Walters, pphhhtt. Brad Arthur, Seibold?

There are moderate success stories there but not many who have gone on to great heights.

That's the dangerous part of bringing on a protege of a great coach. Doesn't always translate and the hardest systems to adopt are the Storm and the Roosters.

None of that is to say Fitzy would or would not succeed but he's just as great a "risk" as Morris.

I reckon he'd want a shitload more money as well.

Shane Flanno says hello

snout

First Grade
Would be interesting to see what a bellamy or robinson or whatever other supercoach would do with this mob.
Its a bit groundhog how all roads lead back to Chad in most threads but as the very best 7s in Cronk and Johns always say - the halfback owns the result.
We saw it last night.
An arm wrestle with 20 to go.
One side in front by 14.
It was ultimately decided by the 7. The one in his 2nd game.
The kid.
He owned the result.

The other guy.
Our guy.
Well hes been plying his trade for far too long.
We let him go. The warriors let him go. We took him back. Its a facade hes a premiership winning 7.
We had 1 half in 2016. He organised and ran the side and made every decision and took every kick of worth. The was JM.
Flanno identified he couldnt get the job done
with Chad so shipped in a bloke who could.

For Bomber the longer he hitches his wagon to Chad as the answer at 7 the longer we never put the game to bed against a top 6 side.
It wont happen.
He simply cannot do it.
Hes never done it.
He copped rave reviews last week but l dont count those games.
The cowboys?
We might as well have been playing Lithgow Shamrocks.

But whats the answer at 7?
Well....us on here dont need to come up with the answer. We aint paid to do that and it aint our job on the line to do that.

Its Bombers.
And heres where bomber shows he can coach.
Heres where bomber does what bellamy did with croft when he punted him weeks out from the finals and put jerome hughes at 7 and won a GF.
Heres where bomber does what robinson did with Kyle F after he signed him as the long term replacement for Cronk...then dropped him before letting him go because he identified he was winning nothing with Kyle.
Heres where bomber shows he is a coach.
He is THE coach.
If he lets this go on...doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result then dont sign him.
We need a guy who comes in. Identifies that dont work. Its never worked. And changes it.

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
Morris seems like a nice bloke and unfortunately that’s where it ends in life as nice guys finish last.
I think he has done a stellar job under plenty of adversity, but good enough ain’t enough.
Not sure if Fitzgibbon will even sign on the dotted line - for all the wraps he has, he seems to be sitting on his hands under the supreme leaders command in the Eastern Suburbs. Be interesting to see how it plays out
Roosters have told him that he can accept the other of a head coach role

Stake Removed

First Grade
Would be interesting to see what a bellamy or robinson or whatever other supercoach would do with this mob.
Its a bit groundhog how all roads lead back to Chad in most threads but as the very best 7s in Cronk and Johns always say - the halfback owns the game.
We saw it last night.
An arm wrestle with 20 to go.
One side in front by 14.
It was ultimately decided by the 7. The one in his 2nd game.
The kid.
He owned the result.

The other guy.
Our guy.
Well hes been plying his trade for far too long.
We let him go. The warriors let him go. We took him back. Its a facade hes a premiership winning 7.
We had 1 half in 2016. He organised and ran the side and made every decision and took every kick of worth. The was JM.
Flanno identified he couldnt get the job done
with Chad so shipped in a bloke who could.

For Bomber the longer he hitches his wagon to Chad as the answer at 7 the longer we never put the game to bed against a top 6 side.
It wont happen.
He simply cannot do it.
Hes never done it.
He copped rave reviews last week but l dont count those games.
The cowboys?
We might as well have been playing Lithgow Shamrocks.

But whats the answer at 7?
Well....us on here dont need to come up with the answer. We aint paid to do that and it aint our job on the line to do that.

Its Bombers.
And heres where bomber shows he can coach.
Heres where bomber does what bellamy did with croft when he punted him weeks out from the finals and put jerome hughes at 7 and won a GF.
Heres where bomber does what robinson did with Kyle F after he signed him as the long term replacement for Cronk...then dropped him before letting him go because he identified he was winning nothing with Kyle.
Heres where bomber shows he is a coach.
He is THE coach.
If he lets this go on...doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result then dont sign him.
We need a guy who comes in. Identifies that dont work. Its never worked. And changes it.
Bomber said did not want to signal.players out in last 20, why cause it was Chad that caused the baulk of it.
They are tied at the hip, even when he was suspended he was in coaches box last year.
They both can go

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Trouble is Chad will come out and have a blinder next week against the dogs and all will be forgiven again. That first 60 minutes last night we dominated the game. Score actually flattered the Roosters at that point. Couldn’t even maintain the rage for the full 70 last night.

snout

First Grade
We have sorted out our coach for next year.

Have to feel for bomber
Bomber will have absolutely no problem finding a new job.
He will be sort after.
probably the best assistant in the NRL.
Riccio said today plenty go back to go forward.
He will be a good smart coach.

This just aint his time. Nor his roster.
Too many old dogs.
With old tricks.

Special K

Coach
Going to the club and asking for a 100% plus pay rise in the middle of a covid season really f**ked his relationship with some key people.

I really like Bomber. He has done a great job but some people there just didn't seem to respect him. CB4 told me "He only got the job because he was there and cheaper than a winger". Ooft

Tiger Shark

Bench
Going to the club and asking for a 100% plus pay rise in the middle of a covid season really f**ked his relationship with some key people.

I really like Bomber. He has done a great job but some people there just didn't seem to respect him. CB4 told me "He only got the job because he was there and cheaper than a winger". Ooft

Yeah when I heard that it came off as pretty bad timing.

PJ

First Grade
I think Bomber has a very good football brain, but maybe not the temperament for head coach.

Think he has done a great job with the sh!t sandwich he was given, but possibly lacks the hard edge.

I expect he will pop up somewhere and do well. Barrett got a second and Bomber is head and shoulders better than him.

Hope Fitzy goes well.

Latest posts