What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson signs for 2022

Big Marn

Juniors
dunno why everyone is so excited. Not as if we were going any good when he was here. Can remember plenty of posts about "Princess". Maybe you all have short memories.

He's coming back as a half who can control a game. That's a major step forward.
Havent watched enough sharks games to comment, will have to watch some now.
Any injury clauses in his contract?
With RTS gone he will want to be the face that runs the place again.

JJ

Immortal
Struggling to make sense of this given the recent history....

Still a huge gap at 6 or 7, of Nikorima and CHT, I'd prefer CHT there, and Nikorima as an impact hooker from the bench - unlike some, I don't see Egan as a weakness...

Behind a solid pack, no excuses for SJ, but I still expect downhill skiing, the question imo is still on game management in the halves, if Johnson can't do that consistently yet (and especially under week-to-week pressure) he never will

JJ

Immortal
dunno why everyone is so excited. Not as if we were going any good when he was here. Can remember plenty of posts about "Princess". Maybe you all have short memories.
indeed, I am not excited - but of the halves available, he's the best of a bad bunch, but the history, ego, etc worry me

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Can we get an exchange on Townsend for SJ?

Where is the NRL Customer Service desk?
So much LOLs, so much.

I wish I could make Shyte up like this.

Townsend for 6 months, then Sir Shaun the slick returns....

Just need Stacey as coach.

Shaun is awesome, Chad is crud, but better than you have.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah Tohu was there as you've updated, and Rog as well.

Which tbh are the only two whose opinions I'm really interested in lol. And one of them is leaving so...

There's definitely been a gulf of senior players/leaders in the team for a while. I guess SJ helps fill that "void".

Honestly we need to act pretty f**king quickly on putting a good team around Walsh before he gets "home sick" after losing all the time, so hopefully, this is a step in the right direction.

Tohu is the ultimate professional. He's not the sort of person to hold grudges.

I've always been a Shaun fan, even if I thought he was a waste of space at times and didn't get anywhere near out of his talent over the years. So this feels great to me. The guy does love the Warriors, as proven by this signing. With Walsh in the spine, it starts to get exciting.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

Because no one else is coming. We know Shaun can play. It's about his attitude, and body as to whether he succeeds here. I don't think anyone is saying 'f**k yeah, this is a great signing, premiers baby' but it's the closest we're going to get to an international class half. And I think he'll enjoy playing with Walsh.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Get forwards, Shaun gets points.

I am filthy, you are more chance than us for for couple of years.

😑

WellsNZ

Juniors

I dunno if I'm "excited", but he's a f**k of a lot better than any other option we have right now.

He's a very different player now. His short kicking game is great (imagine us actually getting some repeat sets to build pressure) and his ability to put guys over the line is right up there with the best. Our attack is shit beyond the wonder kid pulling boom plays out of his ass. SJ instantly makes our attack much better.

He's not the running threat he used to be, but he has definitely evolved. I'll take him easily over CHT with zero kicking game or I'll run the ball one game a month Nikorima.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
FTR since coming back from his last injury, his goal kicking has been outstanding, still filthy.

Latest posts