What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson vs Benji Marshall

Johnson still has problems playing to his potential when it counts for the Warriors. Round 26 this year he and Tomkins were woeful when they needed to beat us.

shiznit

Coach
Johnson still has problems playing to his potential when it counts for the Warriors. Round 26 this year he and Tomkins were woeful when they needed to beat us.
Absolutely spot on....

He needs to be able to take control in big moments like that.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Johnson 179cm 89kg
Marshall 182cm 91kg

When they each came in to first grade- around 81-83kg before bulking up

I don't know where this myth that Johnson is a lot bigger is coming from?

And for the record, I actually think Johnson is slightly taller than listed, but still....there's no significant size difference.

pHyR3

Juniors
Johnson 179cm 89kg
Marshall 182cm 91kg

And for the record, I actually think Johnson is slightly taller than listed, but still....there's no significant size difference.

marshall used to weigh in at 89kg in 2010/11. put on a couple since.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
marshall used to weigh in at 89kg in 2010/11. put on a couple since.

Yeah, Benji bulked up years ago and has fluctuated a bit since...at times he looks heavier than listed, carries a bit of weight.

Johnson actually went up to a 92kg listing and then back down to 89kg. I did hear him mention once that he actually lost a bit of weight as he felt he had bulked too much and lost speed. CBF finding a source for that tbh.

Splitting hairs anyway, they're basically the same size.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Couldn't believe the rapid weight Marshall went through.

Benji went from:
benji_bonds.jpg

To this:
streaker_N5.jpg

shiznit

Coach
Johnson 179cm 89kg
Marshall 182cm 91kg

That really surprises me... I always thought Johnson was about 5kgs bigger.

Maybe it's because Johnson plays straighter... I dunno,.. Maybe his directness gives the illusion that he's bigger.

I think of his try vs manly at eden park in 2012... Where he beats 2 or 3 players with footwork and what looked size & strength.

Edit: This is the try I was talking about...

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ntc54moqcTA[/youtube]

Last edited:

Stranga

Juniors
Marshall was very special in his prime and has a fantastic range of achievements to his name despite playing in a wests tigers side that was often filled with plodders.

Shaun Johnson has had a good couple of months recently and a few spells of consistent football, but hasn't achieved nearly as much yet and is no where near as consistent as Marshall was.

:shock:

Since when has Marshall ever been consistent?

POPEYE

Coach
:shock:

Since when has Marshall ever been consistent?

Marshall has always been consistently erratic and Johnson has always been consistently inconsistent, Benji is too old too change but Shaun may still graduate

Latest posts