What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Johnson vs Benji Marshall

macnaz

Staff member
And plenty happy moments Benji did bring , and unfortunately SJ is miles away from him in that dept but let your hatred make up shit in your mind to suit your bias agenda .

shiznit

Coach
Read the stats dickhead .
What the f**k are you talking about??

The amount of sausages Benji had while he was watching the four nations??

This is an argument on the potential of Johnson vs What Benji has done...

Johnson is still developing...

shiznit

Coach
And plenty happy moments Benji did bring ,
no doubt... There's probably stacks of RLW's with pages stuck together at your house..
and unfortunately SJ is miles away from him in that dept
I don't know about that... The Prelim final down in Melbourne was pretty good... Bringing the Warriors back in the GF was good too... His last second winning try in the World Cup semifinal at Wembly was another one... Then there was his work in the four nations final last week... So the young guy has definitely had his moments. And hopefully he has ALOT more...

but let your hatred make up shit in your mind to suit your bias agenda .

Hatred?? :lol:

I've met him at least half a dozen times... He's a great guy.

I even have a signed football with a nice message from the guy sitting on my mantle... I think the world of him.

I just think Shaun Johnson has potential to be much better than him... Which seems to offend some WT's fans.

macnaz

Staff member
The thread is about wether SJ is better than BM in his prime ..... nothing about potential.
Also you stated that you always thought SJ was a better player , not a potentially better player . So just man up to your comments . Simple !

macnaz

Staff member
Im sure he has one , but if anyone can watch that Marshall highlights package and not believe he was in a class of his own doesn't really appreciate or understand talent.

shiznit

Coach
The thread is about wether SJ is better than BM in his prime ..... nothing about potential.
Also you stated that you always thought SJ was a better player , not a potentially better player . So just man up to your comments . Simple !
:lol:

It was always on Johnsons potential vs Benji's prime...

And if your wanting to get cute about it... Johnson vs Benji right now...

Johnson by a long, long way...

macnaz

Staff member
I've always considered Johnson a much better player...

He has all the gifts Benji has... But he also has gifts that Benji doesn't... He's about 10-15kgs bigger than Benji was at his peak, and he has a kicking game...

But people quite rightly point out that Benji actually has runs on the board... Johnson actually has to prove himself first.

What we need from Shaun Johnson is to play how Benji Marshall can't play... He needs to learn how to control a game, and come up with the right plays at the right times.

He's shown glimpses so far... The prelim final against Melbourne in 2011, the first half of the test a couple of weeks ago...

Once he does that consistently... He will be the best in the game...

But it's easier said than done...

The end .

shiznit

Coach
The end .
That's because I was taking in to consideration his total skillset...

I thought that when he led the Juniors to a NYC premiership... The kid just had all Benji's skills plus size and kicking..,

Johnson's individual performances at test level have already overtaken Benji's.

shiznit

Coach
Im sure he has one , but if anyone can watch that Marshall highlights package and not believe he was in a class of his own doesn't really appreciate or understand talent.
:lol:

Johnson's is just as impressive...

pHyR3

Juniors
johnson is a better footballer, can control a game and kick far better than benji.

but benji has a far better resume (WC, 4 nations, golden boot, premiership, 2nd in Dally M) and his ability to inject himself in a game, especially in the nrl where johnson hasn't been as impressive as this 4 nations, exceeds SJ.

at the moment, all round it'd be benji by a little bit. But at this rate SJ will easily surpass benji. and i say that as a devout tigers supporter.

papabear

Juniors
SJ controlling the game is a myth, he does less organising then benji did. Foran did most of it for NZ at this four nations.

SJ is an athlete with a good kicking game, but I repeat he is not playing nearly as well as Benji was in his prime.

DIMEAST

Juniors
In what way? Johnson was by far the dominant kicker and distributor in the four nations which would suggest he was the organiser.

Johnsons comparisons to Benji by the media and casual observers harm his rep, they are actually very different players.

Johnson has a great passing game but I've only seen him do one or two flick passes. He also plays a lot more direct

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
Marshall was very special in his prime and has a fantastic range of achievements to his name despite playing in a wests tigers side that was often filled with plodders.

Shaun Johnson has had a good couple of months recently and a few spells of consistent football, but hasn't achieved nearly as much yet and is no where near as consistent as Marshall was.

Latest posts