What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaun Kenny-Dowall not guilty of assaulting former partner Jess Peris

Frailty

First Grade
I agree
If he is guilty then get rid of him.
Make him get a normal job

Until then it is play on.

It is shit but I cannot see any other way .

If they plead guilty from the start then I reckon they should get one chance after they have done their time.
Plead not guilty ... and then get done ..., see ya later.

The simple answer is for him to be stood down WITH pay until the matter is finalised.

This is the same process for Police Officers or Judiciary when they are charged.

betcats

Referee
The simple answer is for him to be stood down WITH pay until the matter is finalised.

This is the same process for Police Officers or Judiciary when they are charged.

Quite a few organisations will treat it this way. I don't have a problem with waiting until guilt is established though it bothers me with situations like Kirisome Au'va last year etc

Last edited:

darcy

Juniors
The worst charge that SKD is reportedly facing is grabbing an arm and leaving a bruise [Weidler's article].
I slightly bump my leg on a table and I get a bruise.

Even if he's found guilty of every charge [how the hell is he ever going to able defend these 'historic' offences?]...I'll still be supporting him, and demanding that he's given counselling and guidance and allowed to play again in the NRL...like all the others!

Maximus

Coach
The worst charge that SKD is reportedly facing is grabbing an arm and leaving a bruise [Weidler's article].
I slightly bump my leg on a table and I get a bruise.

Even if he's found guilty of every charge [how the hell is he ever going to able defend these 'historic' offences?]...I'll still be supporting him, and demanding that he's given counselling and guidance and allowed to play again in the NRL...like all the others!

Do you support all men who abuse women, or just the ones who play for the Roosters?

Yeh we wouldn't want to divert from the soft treatment of women beaters!

Maybe we all would rather not divert from your lack of moral fortitude to discern the difference between an actual domestic assault and that of a un-evidenced allegation with prejudice.

Nice PC call though PR.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't mind him playing until his day in court, it's what happens if he is found guilty I have a problem with. 12 months off, play for Catalans and welcomed back with a massive contract is hardly a tough response to women beaters.

I don't mind him playing until his day in court, it's what happens if he is found guilty I have a problem with. 12 months off, play for Catalans and welcomed back with a massive contract is hardly a tough response to women beaters.

Does saying the term "women beaters" make you feel superior ?

You seem to want to throw it around freely at others expense.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does saying the term "women beaters" make you feel superior ?

You seem to want to throw it around freely at others expense.

Call it as I see it. You seem to have a problem with the notion that a bloke Intimidating, threatening or beating a woman is much of a problem. Says more about you than me I'd suggest?

The Pelican

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au//breaking-news-sport/kennydowall-ruled-out-of-knights-clash-20150808-40oxo.html

Sydney Roosters winger Shaun Kenny-Dowall has been ruled out of Sunday's clash with Newcastle as he continues to deal with his allegations of domestic violence levelled against him by his former girlfriend.

The 27-year-old was named to return to the NRL for the first time since being arrested and charged on July 18 but after pleading not guilty to 11 charges in court on Thursday, asked coach Trent Robinson for another week off.

Youngster Brendan Elliot is expected to be drafted in.

"It was his decision along with us, but it was his decision that he probably needed a little bit more time to get ready to play," Robinson said on Saturday.

"It's been a big week for him in dealing with the court on Thursday, so he'll need a little bit more time to get ready to play and allow the boys that have been doing the job to continue doing that this week."

The New Zealand international was admitted to hospital two weeks ago due to concerns over his mental health but Robinson said he had been in good spirits since returning to training last Monday.

"It's been getting back to normality for him, which is important here, the routine of training," he said.

"But it's been a tough time for a lot of people and he doesn't need the game on Sunday to add to that."

The third-placed Roosters will be expected to easily account for the last-placed Knights, however Robinson said he expected Newcastle to be emotionally charged for club legend Danny Buderus' first home game as interim coach.

"Knowing Danny fairly well, I know what Danny will want to prepare them like. I know there's going to be some intensity in their play," Robinson said.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
If that's the case, your police and prosecution are completely incompetent.

And, for the most part in court one is found "not guilty", that is quite a different thing from "completely innocent"

But, yes, he might be, and he shouldn't be stood down at this stage imo

i cannot seem to ever read/recall or even see on tv a person found in court/by a jury to be innocent of a crime?? one could look at not guilty two ways the person has been found "innocent" by the courts/jury or found not guilty as there was insufficient evidence for the courts/jury to find the accussed guilty.

open a can of worms if players are stood down when they have pleaded not guilty and the court action is still taking place- the souths player pleaded guilty - sentenced later on due to the judges consideration of extenuating circumstances i seem to recall?

darcy

Juniors
Do you support all men who abuse women, or just the ones who play for the Roosters?

Depends on exactly who they are, what they've actually done and in exactly what circumstances.

I'm not in favour of tossing any young man/man young woman/woman into the gutter of life if they can be fairly punished and then rehabilitated, if they've done wrong.

Here, in this article on A Current Affair is a man who hit a woman...he hit the woman...allegedly after 12 hours of abuse at her hands...allegedly hit on the head 50 times, dragged to the ground by the testicles 5 times, put up with in his face abuse...
He's upset because he can no longer say that he's never hit a woman.

Another man who is a domestic violence victim states in the video that when he finally went to the Police the female cop dismissed him, saying "man up and deal with it".

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/9016184/domestic-violence-dads

Last edited:

darcy

Juniors
Was SKD's missus beating him up?

Coach Robinson was quoted in that Weidler article as saying that we've only heard one side of the story so far and that there's another side which is yet to be told.
Will no doubt be told in court.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...m/news-story/cd599a02e129843ed7ca5cfde67eeb61

Shaun Kenny-Dowall’s ex Jessica Peris ‘asked Roosters for money’ before domestic violence claim
February 3, 201612:43pmAAP
BEN McCLELLANThe Daily Telegraph

The daughter of Olympic gold medal-winner-turned-Labor senator Nova Peris allegedly went to the Sydney Roosters asking for money before she made domestic violence allegations against one of its stars, a court has heard.

The high-profile lawyer for Kiwi international Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Chris Murphy, told Downing Centre Local Court today Jessica Peris approached the Roosters after the pair separated and a month before she told police Kenny-Dowall had allegedly attacked her seven times between October 2014 and June 2015.

Kenny-Dowall has pleaded not guilty to 11 charges including assault occasioning actual bodily harm and six counts of common assault.

He was also charged with stalking, harassment and *destroying property and was not required in court.

Mr Murphy told the court the only physical injury Ms Peris, a sprinter, had was a bruise on her arm which she had told a friend was caused by dropping a weight while training.

He also said there were thousands of text messages between the pair but none showed Ms Peris complaining of violence or Kenny-Dowall threatening her.

“These two people lived more by text message than together,” he said.

He said some messages were salacious and talked about “personal things” in the bedroom.

“Let’s get this case finished and get him back on the footy field,” Mr Murphy said.

The court heard Ms Peris had been in the US for four months and her four-year-old son was in the care of relatives interstate.

The matter was set down for a hearing in March.

Latest posts