What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens names team vs Roosters

macnaz

Staff member
Nah i cant make it tonight. I hope u can give us a good neutral appraisal of the players perfomances for us 2mora dobs. Altho we have Payten the halfback in a front rowers body out we still have a halfback trapped in a geriatrics body ;) . Anyway for all our sake i hope Lui shows us all the skills and speed we keep hearing about.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol Given Alan Jones DESTROYED Balmain, that is hardly a ringing endorsement for coaches who haven't played the game...
I was asked to provide a successful coach.

thus my argument stands.

Daniel Anderson is another who may not have actually played League. He certainly hasn't played first grade in Australia or England.

N.C.

Juniors
Looks like we lost another one. 0/4. I know it's just a trial match but that's simply embarrassing.

Kissing Cousins seems to suggest it was a poor kicking game and too many dropped balls that let us down... I tend to think it has more to do with some of the opening posters' analyses of the team - too much of the old to come up with anything much new.

Here's to reaching for the stars, Tim. I'm all for it. Let's hope we come up with something decent prior to kick-off for 2011 though...

Last edited:

jasonl

Juniors
Pretty ordinary game from all but Robert Lui was just awful. Don't know exactly what Farrah and Marshall are smoking cos this guy has no business in first grade. Period. Can't pass, can't kick, can't tackle. Fat and slow also. Hard to see WT winning a game with him in the 7. Marshall and Lawrence looked sharp though.

Last edited:
Pretty ordinary game from all but Robert Lui was just awful. Don't know exactly what Farrah and Marshall are smoking cos this guy has no business in first grade. Period. Can't pass, can't kick, can't tackle. Fat and slow also. Hard to see WT winning a game with him in the 7. Marshall and Lawrence looked sharp though.

Lawrence was a reasonable substitute at 5/8 but it doesn't solve the halfback dilemma. Aside from returning Moltzen to that position - he lacks awareness as a fullback in any event - I don't know what the solution is.

adamkungl

Immortal
From an outsiders point of view, you have to have Moltzen at half. huge winning streak with Benji and Moltzen in the halves, and he's a f**king rubbish fullback.

macnaz

Staff member
From an outsiders point of view, you have to have Moltzen at half. huge winning streak with Benji and Moltzen in the halves, and he's a f**king rubbish fullback.

Seems the whole rugby league world knows except the elite master coach of the entire universe .

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
At the game, and I know its only a trial, but geez they were straight out the same as they have always been. No muscle or will to get into an arm wrestle. Benji drifiting across filed, throwing a goose step & throwing back on the insde to no one on at leat three occasions. Roosters played them off the park for the full 80.

Only kept my eye on a few because I was busy eaves dropping on Mitch Pearces sister telling some bloke how big a tool Mitchell is, but anyway, here it is -

The Fowls -

Carney - Best on field. Smith could be on to something. Once his team mates get used to the structure, he could blitz it from there.

Pearce - Took the line on well. In for a good season if his team mates do the dirty work. According to his sister though, he's already got "Goose of the year" covered.

Kenny-Dowell - I like him. Belongs in Rugby as a kiwi with a hypehenated surname, but will find himself at home as centre for Le Coqs.

BJ Leilula - A smoky. Dragons junior who was apparently offered a pittance to stay so went East. Only 18. Looks the goods & in a big way too.

Across the park they were an enthusiastic outfit. Cherrington & Paea were good up front & they scored a couple of soft tries on the Tigers edge with simple inside balls.

TigPies -

Benji - Talented. Streaky. Not superman.

Lui - From an outsider looking in I say he has a future. Its not this year though.

Ellis - Lone hand. Gun. In top 6 forwards on the planet.

Payten - Should go to where Ellis came from, or back to Temora.

Lawrence - Talent. Crying out for some hard nosed leaders and a five eighth who doesn't give him the ball as an after thought or on the side line.

Farah - Dragged after 25. Didn't do much when he was out there.

Big Keef - I love the bloke, but he's nt capable of dragging a mediocre mob into the top 4 himself.

Cayless - Watched him closely in the sond half. Looked 5 years older thane verybody else on the pitch. Off the pace. Leaked a half break and a penalty for lyng on the tackled player in the space of 10 seconds. Not the answer.

Heighno - Built like brick sh*thouse is Chris. Workmanlike as usual. Nothing special though.

All in all - Tigers were....well........terrible. Only a trial I know. But after all the bluster, I at least expected them to trial something different.

No way the end of the world, but I hope Teflon was holding back on purpose tonight. Crowd was very poor too. Should play this game on a Saturday night.

Anyone else go? What were your thoughts?

adamkungl

Immortal
Why did you think the crowd was poor Ronnie? there were 10,000 there, its only a trial, one side of the SFS was packed (the lower stand only, obviously). The other side was empty because no one wanted to sit in the bloody sun!

RoMo

Juniors
Hahahah .. payten is the only prop who can pull out and his average yards per game increase

RoMo

Juniors
If i am gonna watch that idiot Lui in the 7 all season i'll be having more than a f**king drink at games I can promise you