What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens names team vs Roosters

macnaz

Staff member
SHEENS NAMES FOUNDATION CUP TEAM
Tuesday, 16 February 2010
the return of two favoured sons make up part of the Wests Tigers team for the annual Foundation Cup on Sunday, February 21.

QUOTE]
YEAH RIGHT :sarcasm: we just love em and couldnt wait to have em back :lol:

scarcev

Juniors
Leave Lui alone, mate he reminds me of our very own Leo Dynavor....with less pace...:lol:

Hope he goes well, he's a different sort of half, but just maybe he might be able to blend with Benji a little better than everyone else we have tried.

macnaz

Staff member
If he is the most talented player wank fest has seen in ages we neednt even have! to hope he will be ok, Lui should be picking his suit out ready to pick up the Daly M rookie award. Where has he been hiding when he see's blokes like Mortimer from parra? He HAS talent and when given a chance at 1st grade he didnt dick around like an old lazy mole missing tackles and doin jack sh*t,,, he showed everyone that he is the real deal and worthy of being picked.

TimmyB

Juniors
Westie, if you are such a fine judge of talent, why don't you fill us in on your thoughts on Ben Jeffries again?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
What would you suggest Dobs? We have a few to add to that line up, namely Lote and Taniela which makes up a pretty good squad, and tuamata if he ever gets a chance.. Maybe the pack is a bit same old same old

Your pack has been your weakness. They come in and out of games. Cayless could be a good pick up. If you had have snared Lima, I wouldnt have any questions over them. Hes the forward leader you still lack.

Dobs whats your opinion on brown?

Mate, I liked the look of him at the Sharks........in 2007. Down on confidence. In a big way. Sheens is not the coach to rebuild it. Makes some horrible errors. On the plus - hes big and quick. Capable if things go well for him.

LMAO- signed something like 7 players this year , and last year only missed the 8 by one point...

And? Most are fringe players and Cayless will take time to adapt coming back from St Helens. Your side lacks consitency and the know how to grind out games. Youre definitely capable of going on a streak like you do every year & you will. But, and all I was alluding to, is that you lack the nouse and grit to win ugly. I dont see the players that have been added to your roster being the type who can change that. Most are coming from battling clubs or have been through the Sheens system before. As I said, Lima would have changed all that. You need winners from outside the club to change a culture - look at Bennett with Saints last year. They were hot and cold for years & then found some steel when he came and the addition of Jeremy Smith rom the Storm system added immense value as well.

A point off the 8- we had better 4 and against than some in the 8....

Don't need to change alot IMO ....just add comp for places.....

Cayless has a big year we go top 4

Lies, Damn Lies & Statistics. Canterbury won the most games in the regular season and finished second. Every team can quote the stats to suit.

Look, Im not writing you guys off at all. You have some very capable players, but in my opinion they need to be doing things differently. Sheens has been searching for the 05 formula again year after year and you have not made the play offs since. Youll never sneak under the guard of otherv teams like that again, because everyone knows your capabale. Everyone also knows that if you just stick with the Tiges and apply the blowtorch that theyll more often than not come away with the goods.
All I was saying is that Sheens needs to try something different this year with what is essentially the same core squad as the last 5 years. If he doesnt, then I dont think anything will cahnge.

Whats that saying? The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Good luck Tigers fans. I hope he does change it up a bit.

PS - Just saw that hes o the verge of being re-signed for another two years. What the f**k? Teflon Tim definitely runs your joint.

Unbelievable.

westie

Bench
Jefferies has been back to good form now that he's playing next to Brough. Exactly as was said back then - he's a bloody good little thing if someone is looking after him.

Fitzy was crucial to our sets at the back (As was Fulton) - now I won't mind seeing him in the middle. Bet you you'll be off your seat watching him go through early on.

westie

Bench
Who is our 14 then? I'd probably run without one, but you know Sheens won't. So who would you play there? Have you watched him play at KR or are you just making up bollocks?

And Jeffries - well, dial up some highlights from the last few weeks. Doing things on a football field that Lui will never do. I wouldn't play him for us this year - but I would have last year. No one can argue with the fact that he's better than Morris, and better than whoever it was was meant to be our halfback after Field.

The real one we should have gone harder after is Brough. If we had him, I'd put the account on us making the 4.

Borat.

Juniors
Dragons and Dogs were 1-2. They were never going to win a premiership. What's your point?

So you would consider us being minor premiers not good enough....FFS!

Do you remeber that stretch of games when we lost 5 games by the closest of margins- Benji didn't play v the Dogs, and we lost by 2, Skando robbed of a fair try against brisbane was the turning point of the game...lost by 2 after Benji was sin binned.....on and on...

My point is that our signings are very good, we just need an extra 10% from last year and we will make the top 8....

Hi Neo welcome to League Unlimited... Westie has a reputation for saying things that people here disagree with BUT if his quote about numb nuts sheens saying that "Lui is the most talented player he has seen in ages" is correct then IM 100% WITH WESTIE . FMD if i heard him say it myself i would have vomited ... Honestly this guy is the coach and can pick who he likes at the end of the day but when he has to spin such utter f**king bullsh*t to try justify his geniused selections really proves he has a mental issue. We heard for years all the crap about about Morris and now its all starting again with Loser Lui. Where and what talent has he seen that no one else has been privy to see ?? Hmmmmm maybe he has some bedroom tricks :shock: because its certainly not sh*t he has done on a football field as yet. FFS is he a talented trainer ?? What ?? I hope Lui can and does turn into our savour but please Shines please cut the pathetic sickening bullsh*t u keep dreaming up.!!!

If he is the most talented player wank fest has seen in ages we neednt even have! to hope he will be ok, Lui should be picking his suit out ready to pick up the Daly M rookie award. Where has he been hiding when he see's blokes like Mortimer from parra? He HAS talent and when given a chance at 1st grade he didnt dick around like an old lazy mole missing tackles and doin jack sh*t,,, he showed everyone that he is the real deal and worthy of being picked.

FFS! LUI WAS THE 5/8th OF THE YEAR IN TOYOTA CUP - he had 3 games out of position , sheens would have told him to just settle in get some exp and take it in for 2010.... the guy is not even 20 yet and you guys are writing him off.....

And? Most are fringe players and Cayless will take time to adapt coming back from St Helens. Your side lacks consitency and the know how to grind out games. Youre definitely capable of going on a streak like you do every year & you will. But, and all I was alluding to, is that you lack the nouse and grit to win ugly. I dont see the players that have been added to your roster being the type who can change that. Most are coming from battling clubs or have been through the Sheens system before. As I said, Lima would have changed all that. You need winners from outside the club to change a culture - look at Bennett with Saints last year. They were hot and cold for years & then found some steel when he came and the addition of Jeremy Smith rom the Storm system added immense value as well.

We have the super stars - we just had no depth. Fulton, Lote, and cayless are not fringe first graders.

Lima would be great, but we couldn't get him tough luck....

He could also regale us with his appraisal of Daniel Fitzhenry.

Fitzhenry will be WAY better than Morris.... will be an astute buy

In any case I think Folkes will give us the little push we need to stay in the top 8 all season

westie

Bench
So you would consider us being minor premiers not good enough....FFS!

Obviously it would be better than our current situation, but ask the fans of those clubs if they were happy with what happened. The Dragons were never going to be a threat in the finals and the Dogs weren't really a hope either. The Dragons fans were far more hurt than we were.

See Ricky Stuart's article from the time opining the necessity of a quality halfback (or similar) to win you a premiership. He gave examples of Kimmorley continually failing when push came to shove. Sounds a bit like us huh. The Eels on the other hand had a freak or two in form (why they didn't use Mateo until it was too late in the GF is beyond me). It's no coincidence they played the Storm with Slater and Inglis while we were sat at home waiting for Moltzen to fail again.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
FFS! LUI WAS THE 5/8th OF THE YEAR IN TOYOTA CUP - he had 3 games out of position , sheens would have told him to just settle in get some exp and take it in for 2010.... the guy is not even 20 yet and you guys are writing him off.....

That's hardly an achievement. Who was the Jersey Flegg player of the year in 2006? What about 2007? No one knows because until it was put on T.V. and called a fancy name people didn't care about the comp because they knew that apart from a select few who are clearly far and away better than everyone else, the majority of the kids couldn't cut it in First Grade yet.

Lui isn't in that select few. Fifita looked brilliant in the 20's last year but he's struggling deluxe training full time. Roqica wasn't even in the first four or five first choice Wingers for the 20's last year and is now training with the top team.

Sheens has his favourites and if you're not one of them you should probably seek employment else where. If some people got the treatment that Sheens gives a few players then we'd still have some absolute gems.

Playing Half or 5/8 in our team is hardly different. We split our Halves left and right and have done so since the departure of Prince. Benji plays left, regardless of whether he's wearing six or seven. When Morris was playing 5/8 he played right, same as when he was playing Half. Lui hasn't been played out of position, you're either the left playmaker in our team or the right playmaker, regardless of the number you wear.

Magpies_74

Juniors
That's hardly an achievement. Who was the Jersey Flegg player of the year in 2006? What about 2007? No one knows because until it was put on T.V. and called a fancy name people didn't care about the comp because they knew that apart from a select few who are clearly far and away better than everyone else, the majority of the kids couldn't cut it in First Grade yet.

Lui isn't in that select few. Fifita looked brilliant in the 20's last year but he's struggling deluxe training full time. Roqica wasn't even in the first four or five first choice Wingers for the 20's last year and is now training with the top team.

Sheens has his favourites and if you're not one of them you should probably seek employment else where. If some people got the treatment that Sheens gives a few players then we'd still have some absolute gems.

Playing Half or 5/8 in our team is hardly different. We split our Halves left and right and have done so since the departure of Prince. Benji plays left, regardless of whether he's wearing six or seven. When Morris was playing 5/8 he played right, same as when he was playing Half. Lui hasn't been played out of position, you're either the left playmaker in our team or the right playmaker, regardless of the number you wear.

Lui is being played out of position by that criteria....He too is a left playmaker ....Benji's domain...Lui has a non-exsistant left to right passing game.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Lui is being played out of position by that criteria....He too is a left playmaker ....Benji's domain...Lui has a non-exsistant left to right passing game.

Yet he's meant to be the best kid Sheens has ever seen? If he can't pass left to right then he is largely limited and doesn't warrant a place in a First Grade squad as a playmaker let alone our first team.

Magpies_74

Juniors
No arguement here. At least Moltzen can play down the right and I can see Farah getting out to first reciever quite a bit too....Sheens knows what he's doing Right?

westie

Bench
Short answer - we're f**ked.

Longer answer - new style, Taumata through the middle - Parra style. Wreaking balls on the right making something from nothing... or... defensive players to shut the whole side down... which we don't have.

TimmyB

Juniors
I have never seen somebody who has never held a position of any note in the game show such hubris. The depth you attempt cover in your analysis is laughable for someone who is essentially a layman. I don't mean to suggest the opinions of fans do not show value at times; however, you truly seem to believe you have greater knowledge of football than Sheens, are a better judge of a player's acumen and would be capable of generating a more effective game plan. You seem to think you'd make a better coach than Sheens, which is hilarious to be honest.

Tell me, have you ever played or coached before? At what level? What grounding do you have to so thoroughly admonish a coach?

Borat.

Juniors

Made a diff to benji....

Roqica was first choice, but was cut because he missed training, then jackson was on fire and Roqica couldn't get in

Fifita killed it in the GF....

So after 3 first grade games you right a guy off?

fourplay

Juniors
Fans opinions have merit because they can judge based on players performances on the field alone. Coaches and selectors can be very bias for many reasons, players they like and dislike, personal friendships, maybe they "train hard" or even exude an aura of confidence that can sway a coach.

Anyway from what I've seen of Lui's on field performances I would not call him the best player of that age I have ever seen.

I think Arana Taumata is the best halfback prospect at the tigers. His performances in the halves for the bulldogs were very good.