What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheens

leoc

Juniors
Why is it that Sheens cannot see that Miller isn't ready for the job as half back yet, why can't he see that Moltzen isn't a fullback and why does he waste Mitch Brown on the wing??? Someone please help me understand the super coach!!!!!:crazy:

I guess it was the right time to see how miller goes at half against a struggling Titans... Didn't pay off i guess....but still, miller went ok.. How many 1st grade players have we got out now?? 6-7?? Can't blame the lose on sheens this time.. Injuries, plus we played like crap...

But i agree with Molten...not a FB...

Bench
I guess it was the right time to see how miller goes at half against a struggling Titans... Didn't pay off i guess....but still, miller went ok.. How many 1st grade players have we got out now?? 6-7?? Can't blame the lose on sheens this time.. Injuries, plus we played like crap...

But i agree with Molten...not a FB...
Yes you can blame Sheens,he picked the team and ran the bench,Moltzen at fullback assures you of a loss,having a fullback on the bench,then bring him on the wing and move half the team around,these are just a few of Sheens howlers last night.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Tim Sheens, obviously knows best, but Tim Moltzen wasn't playing in the halves, he should of been. But The attitude of the tigers side after 15 minutes was poor, I don't think they respected the titans as they went to a 14 nil lead.

We were run off our feet, they needed to set but they didn't. I have to say Todd Payten should be shot by Sheens for costing us that match, twice in a row incorrectly playing the ball, although I would say he was searching for a penalty in all that.

Sheens, I hope you didn't rest McKinnon because we missed him at fullback.

holman

Juniors
I think there was a hand in the first play the ball infringement, and possibly a foot in the second one, I was at the game and it was hard to watch but when you sit down and write the players names that are unavailable McKinnon, Tuquiri, Lawrence, Lui, Ryan,Fulton, Galloway, and Woods I think it is understandable why we were very ordinary tonight.

TiggaPlease

I think there was a hand in the first play the ball infringement, and possibly a foot in the second one, I was at the game and it was hard to watch but when you sit down and write the players names that are unavailable McKinnon, Tuquiri, Lawrence, Lui, Ryan,Fulton, Galloway, and Woods I think it is understandable why we were very ordinary tonight.

Can't agree. We should've won the game easily.

- The players dogged it.
- Sheens' use of the bench was atrocious.

It was one of the worst Tigers performances in recent memory.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Sheens is a total farkwit. Pure and simple. This prrrk has been pulling these stunts for years. He is f**king Senial. It's beyone belief that he gets away with it. How many chances does he need?

I thought the players tried hard and played we;ll considering. It's just that farkwit of a coach didnt give them a chance. He lost that game for us AGAIN.

R2coupe....anything to add ??

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
Wasn't a big fan of Shirnack but he went very well last night.. But his injury wasn't the reason we lost. Just lacked common sense from the so called Brains trust. Why does Johnny Lang get the sack and Sheens doesn't. Lang has a better winning record than Sheens.

I too was there last night and posted when I got back to the hotel regarding makeup of team. I don't mind giving a young guy a go but moving many to accommodate 1 is just crazy. I have always followed Balmain Ryde and whilst a different team/club/comp I think that the senior team and coach must work with that team regarding selections. Brown has been playing wing there but can easily cover centre or fullback in the firsts. So please leave him there now on the left with Latu outside of him. We are going to need some combination until the 2 internations are back but wait, I've forgotten about Ryan, does that mean if he walks back into the firsts that Utai has to move?

Leave Ayshford and Utai on the right. Let their combination improve by playing together.

Use Miller at number 7 until Lui is fit. If Moltzen has to be in the 17 does it mean that he has to play? By that I mean, don't just put him on just because he hasn't had a run and it means moving Miller to wing, Brown to fullback just to give him a run, that's what doesn't help the structure.

As for fullback, Meaney was good enough to play in the SOO curtain raiser last year, don't know who picked that NSW Residents team but someone saw somthing in him, this year he is playing 5/8 to accommodate Mullaney at fullback, this comes back to my first point though, does Sheens not see Meaney as a suitable cover for the firsts? if not, why play him last night?

gronkathon

First Grade
We were done at that point because there was nobody to come on the field and be willing to put their hand up. Another prop on the bench and its a different game, even with the attrocious Moltzen at fullback move

leoc

Juniors
So many good points here but still can't understand why Moltzen so desperately needs to be moved from half when in reality he should be our number 1 pick for that spot. We lost last night because the opposition cut down on their mistakes and we were rudderless after 15 mins. I am not saying that Miller shouldn't play or doesn't play well but why start him at 7 and not switch him out of there when it was clear that we were drowning?

R2Coupe

Juniors
Sheens is a total farkwit. Pure and simple. This prrrk has been pulling these stunts for years. He is f**king Senial. It's beyone belief that he gets away with it. How many chances does he need?

I thought the players tried hard and played we;ll considering. It's just that farkwit of a coach didnt give them a chance. He lost that game for us AGAIN.

R2coupe....anything to add ??

You have an opinion on everything. I think you have it all covered. I'll leave the post game summation to you.

You have an unhealthy fixation on Sheens.

I am sure the team will peform better next week.

super_coach

First Grade
I lay all the blame at Sheens. When your missing half your team you keep what little combination's you have together. Farah Moltzen and Marshall was the only way to go. By pushing moltzen back to no one he weaken two positions. If he had kept Moltzen at 7 and selected Meaney at 1 things would have been way way better.

Really why are we suprised, he has been doing these things for years

innsaneink

Referee
So many good points here but still can't understand why Moltzen so desperately needs to be moved from half when in reality he should be our number 1 pick for that spot. We lost last night because the opposition cut down on their mistakes and we were rudderless after 15 mins. I am not saying that Miller shouldn't play or doesn't play well but why start him at 7 and not switch him out of there when it was clear that we were drowning?
You missed our forwards getting us into their half maybe three times in total for the entire second half?
No go forward...look at the metres gained stats

Mr Fourex

Bench
I thought Sheens was sh*t for my own reasons. (re: Australian team selections)

it's pleasing to know Tigers fans think he's sh*t as well.
thumbsup.gif

R2Coupe

Juniors
Brisbane are playing good football and I don't believe they have been given credit for their play.

There were crucial errors such as the Ryan spilled ball at critical times.

I still support the team and back the players. I would however like to see quite a few changes. Finau and one of the young Fijian wingers need to be promoted. Fulton is still making the same ball handling errors he did years ago and really our younger forwards offer more and cost less.

Latest posts