What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2020/21

The_Frog

First Grade
NSW 235 and 8/761 dec, vs Qld in Sydney 1930. Not sure this is the record though. There was a similar one in 1921 by NSW and another in 1920 by SA. These sorts of things weren't entirely uncommon in the days of uncovered pitches and timeless games, teams getting caught on stickies on the first day.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/aust...ighest_innings_totals.html?id=114;type=trophy

Look for the huge 3rd innings.

Last edited:
SA 4/266 now need 180 odd to snatch the unlikeliest of wins. Absolute long odds after day 3

NSW were even longer odds after day 1 to snatch a win.

Gotta love shield cricket...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why is Shittle still a thing in Aussie cricket??? Just retire already you annoying plodder. He’s probably bald as well.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wadey defying the blues 56*. scoring a few half tons this summer already

Pack your bags for India series little champ

T-Boon

Coach
It seems more Mankad ish to me than a stumping.
That said i am not saying it’s bad or whatever necessarily because I’ve always been a fan of Mankads. They should be fair game.

Starting to look like 3 draws. NSW some chance, also SA and Qld both a chance but they're playing on roads all of them. Vics after declaring 4 down stonewalling to avoid defeat.

Id suggest Tassie are more likely of a victory than SA.

They are only 3 down (including the night watchman ) and if they can get to tea still 3 down, they’ll make a push for the win.

SA need less runs but are 5 down now. Any more wickets and that long tail is on show.

Fergusson agonisingly short of a ton in his final shield game. Lbw on 97..

TheParraboy

Staff member
Heres a fun fact, gone unnoticed

in NSW second innings, 4 Tasmanian bowlers stranded in the 90s
With their opening bowler (Bird) only 6 runs away from being the 5th

Wonder if that has happened before? , 4 bowlers in the 90s