What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shield Team

petetheileet

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Nice one father.

But tis not myself that I unduly admire!

Tis a team who's fine and illustrious anthemn doth begineth:

"When speaking of the champions.....

This is a day when all of the Souths heros, no less than seven internationals, will don the most famous colours in this code's fair history (except Merritt).

An evening when I will see for mine own eyes the calibre of players such as Roy Asotasi and David Kidwell, making the league right and wholesome again after so many years of despair and sickly illness.

A evening where the world will stand up and take notice of the imminent dominance of a great club called South Sydney.

Where thousands will descend upon the Telstra for the ressurrection.

This game will never be the same.

It must be a privilige and honour for Saints to be part of it.

Afterwards, no matter who wins and hopefully, in the absence of injury, we will all shake hands.

Where did Bunnies fans like this one get confidence like this...have they been watching their team in the last 10 years????

And regardless of the outcome tonight they all must know the season starts in 2 weeks time and lasts for more than 8 months.. that is when we will seperate the men from the boys

UP THA MIGHTY DRAGONS!!!!

Moffo

Referee
saints have some pretty weak links in that team, souths will put a score on them

Father Ted

First Grade
Dave Q said:
Nice one father.

This is a day when all of the Souths heros, no less than seven internationals, will don the most famous colours in this code's fair history (except Merritt).

An evening when I will see for mine own eyes the calibre of players such as Roy Asotasi and David Kidwell, making the league right and wholesome again after so many years of despair and sickly illness.

A evening where the world will stand up and take notice of the imminent dominance of a great club called South Sydney.

Afterwards, no matter who wins and hopefully, in the absence of injury, we will all shake hands.

Fair enough . I wish you an enjoyable night.

Dave Q said:
Nice one father.

What a comical post. But, I like your enthusiasm for the red and green.

G

gorilla

Father Ted said:
Fair enough . I wish you an enjoyable night.

Aaawghw - it's like the Waltons....

'nite Father Teddie,
'nite Davie Quesies.

G

gorilla

Dave Q said:
Nice one father.

Go for it Dave - makes my scrotum all crinkly

gregstar

Referee
hey dickhead dave.

your full strength wonder-bunnies were rolled by our flegg side.

enjoy '07 champ.

SPOON

God-King Dean

Immortal
I thought the Vagana try shouldn't have been. Comparing where Peachey touched it & where the ball landed it seems obvious to me it went forward... even if it was an incy wincy bit.

rotti

Juniors
Just saw it on Foxsports news ch 513 on Fox, Guess it will be up on Fox web site soon.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Nothing on Foxsports just checked other than he went off thr field with what was thought was a shoulder injury.

Someone on WORL mentioned the pectoral injury, I'll await something a little more official.

How bad were Souths???? Saints were ordinary but they had a bunch of premier league and ex flegg blokes on for that whole second half yet Souths had near their best side. Souths forwards are ok, but geez they have little talent in the backs, especially in the halves they are rubbish - Williams is a reserve grader and Sutton is too slow and lumbering for a five eight, he needs to move into the forwards.

I think they are in for another long season.

Wobbygong

First Grade
It's official: Gasnier gone for 2007.

It just looked so innocuous, Naiqama was exerting most of the force in the tackle not Gaz, oh well, better hope Head and Hornby can strike up a good combo. It will be a very long year otherwise.

sharknows

Bench
As much as I loathe you guys I hate to see a footballer of such ability suffer such an injury. It will be a poorer comp without him.

Dave Q

Coach
Well boys, I'm ready to post my brief match report.

In essence, Souths dominant for about 65 minutes. Defence very strong.

7 minutes to go, Souths in front by 4 pushing the Saints line. Ordinary pass, missed capture, neat intercept, sizzling speed, try under the posts, easy position but pressure goal ..but it was kicked.

Certainly against the run of play.

Still, rugby league is sometimes about heartbreak.

Souths forwards dominated as expected, halves lacked direction at times and the backs blew several fine opportunities.

Some bad ref calls on Souths, none pivotal in the greater wash.

Some awkward handling both sides, ball control issues.

It was a easily the fastest and the toughest trial in the game to date.

Wes, how good is this bloke. One of the best backs Ive seen for some time. Absolutely electric, looked dangerous for most of the game. Well shut down for most of it too.

A few instances of crowd violence of 23,000 or so.

Congratulations Saints on reclaiming the shield.

If it is true about Gaz, I'm sorry to hear about it as it spoils the game a bit for everyone (even me).