What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shopping List for 2005

Saint 60

Juniors
hes been practicing, he kicked very well last week....

very well.

i think him and pig are vying for the kicking rights, and Head wants them.

just my OP, ;-)

--------------------------------------------------

Southernsaint

Staff member
Willow said:
Biglance said:
what about tahu or iestyn harris if gasnier said good bye
What about Wes Naiqama?

Bloody oath. Wes has been outstanding in PL this year. But then, a lot of people will want a "name" signing to replace the "names" Saints have lost.

The last "name" signing for Saints was Martin Offiah!!

Cheers,
Ben S.

Anonymous

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Willow said:
Biglance said:
what about tahu or iestyn harris if gasnier said good bye
What about Wes Naiqama?

Bloody oath. Wes has been outstanding in PL this year. But then, a lot of people will want a "name" signing to replace the "names" Saints have lost.

The last "name" signing for Saints was Martin Offiah!!

Cheers,
Ben S.
The departing "names" are players who made their names at Saints.

Martin Offiah. lol.. he's just retired quite recently hasn't he?
He played League for a 100 years and got an MBE for his services to the game. But because he played a little bit of Union as well, the main stream press often describes him as Martin Offiah MBE, rugby player...

a slightly annoying anecdote is that...

S2H

Juniors
Is Aaron Gorrell going to be fit next year. He was keeping Pig on the bench before he was injured.

Collateral

Coach
Wes Niaqama has been moved to the centres which leads me to think that he might be being groomed as Gasnier's replacement if he leaves...only problem with Niaqama is that he cant play more that 5 game without getting injured for 10.

Anonymous

Juniors
Wes seems to have lost a little pace but broken legs will do that to you.

If he's being groomed to take over, it's been a long time coming. Its great to have a player of that quality in the lower grades.

Collateral

Coach
We also have a very good player by the name of Beau Scott in the lower grades as a centre replacement.

Niaqama is a very strong runner of the ball but his defense seems to have dropped a bit.

Collateral

Coach
Exactly why I would rather blood Beau Scott and get him into the centres.

I would like to see Niaqama play the rest of the season without missing any games before I would give him a shot at First Grade.

Nugby

Juniors
hehe, one thing I'll say about Wes' defense, he nearly carried a souths player over the dead ball line in a sort of half nelson. that was a sight to see!

Collateral

Coach
Just to ad that Pritchard has....re-signed with the Panthers for 3 years, and Sullivan with the Sharks for 3 years...That leaves Ennis still off contract.

If we lose Gasnier at the end of the year, I think we would really compensate that lose by getting Paul Whatuira to sign for us - he is a great player.
Apparently its against the odds of him remaining at the Panthers next year also.

A very good player at a pretty cheap price would have to be Lee Hopkins from the Eels - This guy is a gun second rower, but hasnt played much this year due to injury.

Apparently the Dragons are interested in David Kidwell from Melbourne...he isnt a bad player but I would rather develop Payne/Norrie/Perenara, then go looking for aging talent.

StGeorge

Juniors
i dont think we need backs i think our team is extremely strong so prob buy a forward a real impact player to add to the bench or a real young gun to develop.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Perenara hasn't really had a chance to prove himself. But another injury-prone forward is the last thing Saints need...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Biglance

Bench
well can u guys tell em if gorrell is a decent replacement for riddell or will they shop else where

Collateral

Coach
Gorrell has re-signed for 1 year, along with Henderson, Norrie, Niaqama and Greenshields.

Dragons yesterday held talks with Michael Ennis and we are reportedly interested in Justin Smith and we are apparently chasing hard for Colin Best.

It would be great to get Smith back...he was a worse loss than Kite.

Latest posts