What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shopping List for 2005

Special K

Coach
Dumas was 18. But he isn't off contract. The paper got that wrong(as they did with Franze who also isn't off contract)

sleepy_jackson

Juniors
I'm with drake, a lot of people seem to hate bazza because he played with the steelers, just as they showed there discontent towards wishy. mary and various others. Im sure southernsaint doesn't fall under the category of an illawarra hater after reading many of his posts. But to others, remember some of the greatest players saints ever had were from the illawarra region but u didnt complain then, so why complain now?

Anonymous

Juniors
sleepy_jackson said:
I'm with drake, a lot of people seem to hate bazza because he played with the steelers, just as they showed there discontent towards wishy. mary and various others.
Well I don't know about that. With respect, I'm sure you're reading too much into things. To suggest that people hate Barrett, Wishart and McGregor, for whatever reason, is drawing quite a long bow and creates unneccessary divisiveness.
sleepy_jackson said:
Im sure southernsaint doesn't fall under the category of an illawarra hater after reading many of his posts. But to others, remember some of the greatest players saints ever had were from the illawarra region but u didnt complain then, so why complain now?
I have always advocated the importance of acknowledging the long history between the districts. The joint venture, imo, was more of a reunification.

Collateral

Coach
Brent Kites replacement if I was in cahrge would be:

Justin Smith - one of the most underrated in thr NRL.

Godz Illa

Coach
RedDragon said:

The Kite situation is almost identical to the Justin Smith situation. Both nurtured and cultivated by the Dragons, both were somewhat late bloomers, both finally hit their straps in their 3rd season in first grade, and for both of them it was the last year of their current contracts.

drake

First Grade
RedDragon said:

Bring back Smithy...mongrel plus!

_Johnsy

Referee
I hate to say it, but.... we need to let tingah and one more high profile player go, probably gaz.

Dragons_#1

Bench
hey fellas..

why cant we get rid of head,firman,withers and i have to say gaz or blacklock :cry: but wouldnt this free up a fair bit of money and sign maybe orford ???? that would be a good choice and maybe he may sign more than a yr contract at least it would get him out of melb and therefore earn more recognition.
i duno its an option

Collateral

Coach
Why pay that much for someone who is much older than the two we already have who will be better and are currently much much cheaper.

Dragons_#1

Bench
yeh i duno it was an option lol,
ummm our main priority would have to be ridell and kite wouldnt it ??? but does that mean that tingha or gaz goes ??? or who would have to be released ?

Collateral

Coach
Who knows who our priority is atm...we never hear boo from the club regarding signings until well after made.

I know that the Dragons want Riddell to stay, but he wants a fair bit of money.

I know that Kite got offered a lot more money than we were offering to back to the Raiders where all his family lives.

I have heard that Gasnier will be leaving at the seasons end, and I have heard that he will be most definantly staying.

I have heard that Firman wants to stay and fight for the halfback role (Which I hope he wins), and I have heard that he is being released by the club.

Who knows what is going on.

If it was up to me, I would be letting Kite and Gasnier go, and not re-signing Blacklock when his contract expires at the end of next season.

I would definantly be re-signing Mark Riddell for the 4 years that he wants.
I would re-sign Matthew Head for 1 season.

Letting Gasnier and Kite go will free up a fair bit of money, and letting Blacklock go the following year would give us a fair bit more.

But what would you do with all that money? Save it for pay-raises? or go out and buy a high profile player?

When you look at it, we have:

Creagh
Firman/Head
Sims
Young

These players will go up considerably in value over the coming seasons injuries and suspension permitted. We need to be able to have enough room under the cap to keep them at our club.

Dragons_#1

Bench
yeh i agree they will be big name players in teh near future.
but i duno if we should let gaz go he is awesome when on teh feild and so is blacklock, let one of them go wo9uld be alright.
but kite would be a good signing to get if ridell stays but im afraid that one of them has to go in order for the othr to stay.

_Johnsy

Referee
What it boils down to is how much we want to keep pig and Kite. If we do want these two we have to sacrifice in other areas. Tingah and ??? I would hat to lose Gaz, I am pretty sure we will not have head and firman (If we keep pig one of these two will be gone). Who knows I am over believing rumour after rumour. Fingers crossed.

Collateral

Coach
Well it looks like we will be keeping Pig and Head and releasing Firman.

The Kite saga has gone into the shadows a bit atm and there is still word that he is staying with the Dragons. Who knows?

Apparently we are close in re-signing Poore which would lead you to think that Kite will be going.

I dont think we will knowabout Gasnier leaving until he actually comes out and says it (That is IF he is leaving).

I sent an e-mail to Doust about Re-signing Simmonds and got a reply back saying that they would like for him to stay but the Salary Cap will have an influence on the decision. So that leaves us with another ?

_Johnsy

Referee
Are we the only club that actually sticks to the cap, without "sus" payments via club and sponsors?

Latest posts