What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Short memories

_Johnsy

Referee
Origin is less than a week away.
QLDérs believe they are more passionate about SOO than NSWélshmen.
Dallas Johnson is what being a Queenslander is all about. Full of heart, passion, puts in 100% every minute and get's the job done. You blues will never understand that, all full of individuals only interested in money - and it shows come origin

QLD passion stems from the hate they have for NSW (this hate is a product of perceived NSW arrogance in years past.)
NSW have generally been the bookmakers favourite, and QLD always stated that the favourite tag means sweet f*** all in origin.
When a NSW dynasty was being trumpeted from some media outlets, the cries north of the Tweed were plentiful and loud, about showing complete disrespect for QLD and its origin history. Cries of never underestimate the origin underdog were heard often.
While working in sunny Brisbane, I have noticed an interesting trend.
I have been amazed at the cockyness QLD supporters in general are displaying (not all, just the majority). No matter where you go in Brisbane, if you talk footy, and more importantly origin, the first words you will hear are “Four series in a row, NSW will be lucky to score a point, don’t waste your time even turning up.”

Will QLD win five series in a row? we'll sure as hell win four.
NSW has absolutely nothing that worries me.

That QLD backline will ravage yours like a hurricane!!!
QLD will win series 3-0.

Queensland will win 4-0, they're that good.

With that NSW team, I would take the 13+ QLD to win...
Actually if there is a 30+ take that instead...

Online blogs
NSW, get ready for an onslaught....this team is going to get hammered! Posted by: daniel of mighty queenslander
do i hear the words "dynasty" with the powder puffs you guys have picked we could send out the u20 from the broncos, cowboys or titans and they would still win by 30! Posted by: Nasser of Graceville QLD
pfft doesn't matter who they pick,Queensland are gonna make it 4 in a row!!! Posted by: Queenslander! of Brizzy
Thanks for gifting us another series you twits ! hahahah what a bunch of nobodies. Posted by: G I Joe of QLD
lol... all i can say is good luck : ) im liking my lips i feel a 40-0 coming on muhahahahah Posted by: steve of bris
Now is that the best your Blues Selectors can do!! You are going to get smashed!! QLD WILL WIN ANOTHER SERIES!! 4 IN A ROW!!Posted by: Queenslander of Gods Country
I can't wait till QLD SMASH this this very poorly picked NSW team for the 4th year straight - Blues have no hope!!!! Posted by: STORM GIRL

No chance of winning anyway NSW, you might as well stay put in your lousy state. Posted by: Guss Lambden of Cairns
It's going to be an easy win for QUEENSLAND!!! How about a score of 54-12 LOL!!!! Posted by Sheillah Wines
Ahhh just look at QLD's winning team.... QUEENSLANDER !!!!!! Posted by: MrED of Brisbane
The Maroons have a fantastic side to win 4 State of Origins in a row. Posted by: Linda Bridgman Favourite No.1 Queensland Fan of Rosewood
NSW got no chance, they may as well be playing Logan Brothers Under 7's even that would be a tough match for them..Posted by: Chris of Bris
Too make it a bit fairer and to let the roaches have some sort of chance, they should pick the Queensland team and then get their grand mothers to run on. The southerners might get within 10 points and make it an exciting series. GO QUEENSLAND. Posted by: Wayne Clark of Brisbane

How quickly some QLDérs have forgotten what origin is about, afterall we have been told origin is always a 50-50 prospect. It is rather ironic that QLDérs in general, have become exactly what they once despised.

_Johnsy

Referee
Do you understand how ironic your post is?

Or are you using that "old chestnut" as an excuse ?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Johnsy you're wasting your time.

You really cant expect these banjo strumming, sibling rooting, barely evolved sub humans to understand a complex concept like 'irony'

Dazzat

First Grade
Johnsy ... I'm very impressed with the amount of time and effort you put into that post. Well done! Personally, I can't give that much time to manufacturing posts so articulate ... too busy with banjo lessons and chewing tebaccy.

The day I don a sky blue jersey is the day I 'become what I despise.'

Yosh

Coach
BRING IT Maroons!!~!~

Anyways we looking the good this year. Hope we get off to a good start but it'll definately be hard...

_Johnsy

Referee
Johnsy ... I'm very impressed with the amount of time and effort you put into that post. Well done! Personally, I can't give that much time to manufacturing posts so articulate ... too busy with banjo lessons and chewing tebaccy.

The day I don a sky blue jersey is the day I 'become what I despise.'

The intent was not to have a dig, it was to show that QLDérs in general have become exactly what they despised about NSW, arrogant. I am sure even you can see the irony.

I hope I didn't interupt your busy day. Best of luck on wednesday night.

fossie71

Juniors
a box of tissues are on there way to you johnsy.you will need them on wednesday night.you poor little cockroach you.:crazy:

Serc

First Grade
Great post by the man from the Tweed valley

I too have noticed a helluva lot more cockiness from Queenslanders this year...even compared to last year!

(how very unlike them :lol:)

I'm not usually one for grand all encompassing phrases, but the line 'pride comes before a fall' comes to mind. If we win game one there will be a lot of very nervous Queenslanders looking over their shoulders, wondering how much closer they actually are to the end of their self-proclaimed 'dynasty'.

I personally think this years NSW team is one of the best we have picked for a while, especially now that Luke Lewis is gonna be playing, I'm excited :D

We're coming to get ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paullyboy

Coach
The intent was not to have a dig, it was to show that QLDérs in general have become exactly what they despised about NSW, arrogant. I am sure even you can see the irony.

I hope I didn't interupt your busy day. Best of luck on wednesday night.

I believe it is you who needs a history lesson my friend. The hatred from Queensland towards NSW stems from so many different reasons, the least of which was what has been pointed out in other threads already but I'll go and say them again:

1. NSW would sign all the best QLDers to their clubs because of all the revenue from pokies (oh and dont worry the irony of what that is doing to your clubs now is well and truely enjoyed in Queensland). After playing for that new club for all of 3 minutes these players who had only ever played footy in QLD were then told to wear a sky blue jersey. When this alleged NSW team continually beat the QLD team the head honcho's down in cockroach country would rave about the fact that they produce the best footballers and Australian teams would then go on to be ridiculously over-stacked with NSW-born players (even though they only looked good because of the QLD-born players they signed the week before)

2. Having said that this tended to fade away about 10-15 years ago as people moved on from that old story and then had to contend with people like Benny Elias, Anthony Mundine, Phil Gould, Bill Harrigan, Phil Gould, Ricky Stuart/Craig Bellamy, Paul Gallen and did I mention Phil Gould?

3. People from Sydney are, in general, self-righteous tools who honestly believe they live in a city as important on the world stage as New York or London. It's hilarious watching people down here and how serious they take themselves. This in turn leads to us hating you even more.

Shorty

Staff member
I'm touched that Johnsy is so sensitive to have such an issue with some confidence.

_Johnsy

Referee
I believe it is you who needs a history lesson my friend. The hatred from Queensland towards NSW stems from so many different reasons, the least of which was what has been pointed out in other threads already but I'll go and say them again:

1. NSW would sign all the best QLDers to their clubs because of all the revenue from pokies (oh and dont worry the irony of what that is doing to your clubs now is well and truely enjoyed in Queensland). After playing for that new club for all of 3 minutes these players who had only ever played footy in QLD were then told to wear a sky blue jersey. When this alleged NSW team continually beat the QLD team the head honcho's down in cockroach country would rave about the fact that they produce the best footballers and Australian teams would then go on to be ridiculously over-stacked with NSW-born players (even though they only looked good because of the QLD-born players they signed the week before)

2. Having said that this tended to fade away about 10-15 years ago as people moved on from that old story and then had to contend with people like Benny Elias, Anthony Mundine, Phil Gould, Bill Harrigan, Phil Gould, Ricky Stuart/Craig Bellamy, Paul Gallen and did I mention Phil Gould?

3. People from Sydney are, in general, self-righteous tools who honestly believe they live in a city as important on the world stage as New York or London. It's hilarious watching people down here and how serious they take themselves. This in turn leads to us hating you even more.

1. They were the eligibilty rules, not the states fault. As a result of the inadequacies the eligibilty rules were changed. I hope you can provide quotes from the "head honchos" stating they produced the best footballers. Afterall we dont want to blind facts with emotions.

2. You had to contend with the people listed ? I cant understand the reason the people you listed would want to comment in the papers and various forms of media, afterall contreversial comments sell papers. No different to Chris Close, Mike Coleman, Paul Vautin et al. But let me guess it's ok they are QLDérs ?

3. I take it you have taken a survey of all the people who live in Sydney to see how they believe they live in a city as important on the world stage as New York or London. A city of any size is sure to have self-righteous wankers, Brisbane included.

So I take it you disagree with the only point I wanted to make in the original post, that a large portion of QLD supporters are arrogant, and that they have short memories relating to exactly what SOO is about.

Shorty

Staff member
I don't really get this 'large portion' crap, where is your evidence?

Most people I talk to and myself included thinks the series will probably result in a NSW victory...

_Johnsy

Referee
I don't really get this 'large portion' crap, where is your evidence?

Most people I talk to and myself included thinks the series will probably result in a NSW victory...

Each QLD supporter I have spoken to, a large majority cosidering I work in Brissy, thinks that the series is a whitewash, without one tackle being made in anger. As I said in the original thread, not all QLD supporters Shorty.

Still trying to take the underdog tag Shorty, thats funny.

Do you know something the bookies don't ?
Centrebet
Game 1 QLD $1.53 - NSW $2.50 Series QLD $1.48 - NSW $2.65
Sportingbet
Game 1 QLD $1.57 - NSW $2.45 Series QLD $1.50 - NSW $2.60
Luxbet
Game 1 QLD $1.56 - NSW $2.45 Series QLD $1.50 - NSW $2.60

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Each QLD supporter I have spoken to, a large majority cosidering I work in Brissy, thinks that the series is a whitewash, without one tackle being made in anger. As I said in the original thread, not all QLD supporters Shorty.
Uh huh...but you said a large majority.
That's funny, I work in Brissy too.
And I've certainly never heard a white wash comment:?
Still trying to take the underdog tag Shorty, thats funny.
Actually I find the 'Queenslanders hate being favourites' tag pathetic.
Confidence is something that should boost your state of mind and favourites are usually deservedly so.

But nice try at attempting to get a reaction.

No I think NSW has (finally) got weapons that can neutral Qld.

_Johnsy

Referee
Personally, I think it will be NSW 2-1

Each game to have a margin no greater than 8 points. Whoever wins game 1 will win the series.