What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Unfortunately, clubs tend to start looking for replacements for a coach a year early, so that the new coach can begin negotiations with off contract players.

Id love for the club to throw absolutely everything at Wayne Bennett.[/QUOTE]

Oh.... that must explain why Ozzie has also been talking to Tim Sheens:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
As a Warriors fan, I would vote categorically.... yes. The club was too quick to pull the trigger on him in 2004. Before that he had showed a very good, analytical mind to putting the Warriors diverse skills to its best advantage. This bloke helped take you to the Grand Final last year.

The areas that you are struggling with from an outsiders perspective is fitness (some of your blokes don't look in top shape, Feleti Mateo and Krisnan Inu included), and an inability to rely on your halves to organise, which then permeates itself into reliance on other players, Mateo and Hayne in particular, to create some ad lib football. The club was right to go into the market to try to find a high quality half, as that is the missing element in your squad.

Daniel Anderson, as proven at the Warriors (and I'm sure he would have proven it beyond 2004 but for politics), and at St Helens, and at Parra beforehand when he was a key component of bringing young talent into first grade, is, was and always will be a very, very fine coach. I feel for him for the fact that it seems any coach at Parramatta seems to be fighting through the media the boardroom. If the stooges in the suits would keep out of a coaches way and let them develop the on field component as they see fit, then Parramatta will be a consistent powerhouse.

Suitman

Post Whore
Unfortunately, clubs tend to start looking for replacements for a coach a year early, so that the new coach can begin negotiations with off contract players.

Id love for the club to throw absolutely everything at Wayne Bennett.[/QUOTE]

Oh.... that must explain why Ozzie has also been talking to Tim Sheens:sarcasm:

I must say I do like the Tigers brand of football, but geez they are heart attack material. And we don't have the missing link - a Benji.

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
Jesus Christ....did some idiot seriously suggest Sticky the Dick Stuart as coach? I would vomit, the man has destroyed two clubs in a short term, and then taken them from bad to worse in his remaining years. Horrible coach, horrible man manager, useless all round.

Ando is the man for the job.

hasman

Juniors
Jesus Christ....did some idiot seriously suggest Sticky the Dick Stuart as coach? I would vomit, the man has destroyed two clubs in a short term, and then taken them from bad to worse in his remaining years. Horrible coach, horrible man manager, useless all round.

Ando is the man for the job.

Ando Isn't the man look at his Stat's

Played 52 ( 48 round games and 4 final series games)
Won 25 ( 22 round games and 3 final series games)
Lost 26 ( 25 round games and 1 Grand Final)
Drawn 1

48%

In 52 games over the 2 season proper periods Parramatta were in the top 8 on 3 occasions in 2009 rounds 3, 25 and 26 and on 5 occasions in 2010 rounds 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13. That is a total of 8 times in 52 weeks or 15%.

The Answer Is No.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Ando Isn't the man look at his Stat's

Played 52 ( 48 round games and 4 final series games)
Won 25 ( 22 round games and 3 final series games)
Lost 26 ( 25 round games and 1 Grand Final)
Drawn 1

48%

In 52 games over the 2 season proper periods Parramatta were in the top 8 on 3 occasions in 2009 rounds 3, 25 and 26 and on 5 occasions in 2010 rounds 8, 9, 10, 11 and 13. That is a total of 8 times in 52 weeks or 15%.

The Answer Is No.

Funny how you forget to mention the following about DA

2000 Assistant Coach for Parramatta, help take the Eels to the Grand Final
2001 Coach for the Warriors, took the the Warriors to their first finals appearance
2002 Coach for the Warrior, took them to their first Grand final
2006 Coach for St Helens, won the Challenge Cup and went on to win the Grand Final
2006 won BBC coach of the year award (First Rugby League Coach to ever win this award)
2007 Coach of St Helens, won the Challenge Cup and took them to the Grand Final
2008 Coach of St Helens, won the Challenge Cup and took them to the Grand Final
2009 Coach of Parramatta Eels took them to the Grand Final

Delboy

First Grade
I still ask the question, why did we continually play unstructured and with players looking unfit.

Why did we perservere with players in the halves when we were struggling big time, Humble and Mitchell were not given an extended run when they did look as if they could handle it. Inu constantly picked

Why was he prepared to let Kingston go, and not play the hooker he nominated to replace him, and that was his decision re Kinga

I am confused, as I do believe he has ability but in 2 years he has not prepared an ongoing game plan and that is a big question. I have some doubts and that is not what I expected to be the case, as from the appointment I thought he would be a long term Parra coachm, not prepared to support that view currently.

Suitman

Post Whore
I still ask the question, why did we continually play unstructured and with players looking unfit.

............and at times, uninterested and unmotivated.

This is the problem I have with Ando atm, particularly the unstructured play aspect. For the best part of 2 seasons we have been a disorganised rabble. Our lack of a decent halves pairing has certainly played its part, but I'm convinced it goes far deeper than that.

Suity

Last edited:

hasman

Juniors
Funny how you forget to mention the following about DA

2000 Assistant Coach for Parramatta, help take the Eels to the Grand Final
2001 Coach for the Warriors, took the the Warriors to their first finals appearance
2002 Coach for the Warrior, took them to their first Grand final
2006 Coach for St Helens, won the Challenge Cup and went on to win the Grand Final
2006 won BBC coach of the year award (First Rugby League Coach to ever win this award)
2007 Coach of St Helens, won the Challenge Cup and took them to the Grand Final
2008 Coach of St Helens, won the Challenge Cup and took them to the Grand Final
2009 Coach of Parramatta Eels took them to the Grand Final

funny you forgot to Mention That at The Warriors what Happened in 03 & 04. You Also Forgot to tell Everybody in England There is No Salary Cap and look How Good Nathan Brown Went. Also Ask Ando How they Made the Grandfinal in 2009 and He will answer I don't Know.

boxhead

First Grade
funny you forgot to Mention That at The Warriors what Happened in 03 & 04. You Also Forgot to tell Everybody in England There is No Salary Cap and look How Good Nathan Brown Went. Also Ask Ando How they Made the Grandfinal in 2009 and He will answer I don't Know.

Mate, Anderson's qualifications and achievements far exceed the negative reputation he has. He is considered one of the best coaches currently in Rugby League.
Whether he is the right coach for Parramatta is another question entirely.

Kornstar

Coach

You mean when he took them to 1 game away from the GF in 03? Is that what you are referring too? That is a VERY poor statistic if you ask me :sarcasm:

And there is a salary cap in England and a foreign players cap, the cap just works a little different than ours is all......

Iafeta

Referee

2004 he lasted like 10 weeks of the season. The Warriors panicked.

2003 he practically got us to the Grand Final. In the major semi against Penrith, we dropped two balls over the line ... we lost by 8. I'm confident we'd have rolled the Roosters in the GF also.

hasman

Juniors

Why did we perservere with players in the halves when we were struggling big time, Humble and Mitchell were not given an extended run when they did look as if they could handle it. Inu constantly picked

Why was he prepared to let Kingston go, and not play the hooker he nominated to replace him, and that was his decision re Kinga

I am confused, as I do believe he has ability but in 2 years he has not prepared an ongoing game plan and that is a big question. I have some doubts and that is not what I expected to be the case, as from the appointment I thought he would be a long term Parra coachm, not prepared to support that view currently.

Agree with What You Saying Dellboy especially about Kinga. Im dumb Founded That He didn't Even Offer Mateo or Keating anything.
If He Had Offered anything and they went for More money I can Understand that.

boxhead

First Grade
Agree with What You Saying Dellboy especially about Kinga. Im dumb Founded That He didn't Even Offer Mateo or Keating anything.
If He Had Offered anything and they went for More money I can Understand that.

It's quite obvious why he got rid of them; they are the type of players he doesn't want in his team. Many coaches do this, where they get rid of 'club stars' and bring in the players they want because it is the team they feel will win the premiership.

hasman

Juniors
Get your facts right, Mateo was offered a deal, just not $400K worth.

I think you better Get the Facts Right. He wasn't part of the Plans and Wasn't offered a Deal.

The attack on the Parramatta Eels board for signing Cowboys prop Carl Webb is so far off the mark it’s ridiculous. Only one man made the decision to sign Webb – coach Daniel Anderson. Only one man made the decision to release Mateo – Daniel Anderson. This poor recruitment is the very reason the club rightly made enquiries with Stephen Kearney.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cayless-send-off-a-careless-affair/story-e6frexni-1225914541247

Delboy

First Grade
Mateo and Keating were made offers, but nowhere near what was made by the Worriers and Dogs, Inu was made a back end of the 25 offer.

Mateo has to come good in the next 2 years, and I hope he does, because it would show an awful waste of talent if he doesn't

mrpwnd

Bench
It's quite obvious why he got rid of them; they are the type of players he doesn't want in his team. Many coaches do this, where they get rid of 'club stars' and bring in the players they want because it is the team they feel will win the premiership.
It's not really that he's let players go, Kingston was a big stuff-up, Mateo was 50/50 - was always a question of his motivation and consistency and KK could just piss off for all I care, I hope MK follows suit to.

But it's also a fact that his recruitment plans have not substantiated for the players he's let go, who the f**k do we have next year in terms of signings? A fat tubb from the cowboys that leaks penalties in the short game time he gets, a bra boy ex-bad boy of the NRL who has missed 2 years of the game and will miss out on off season training with us due to left over suspension and will only come in mid-season. In a Q&A Bongo had with the eels not too long ago, DA specifically said that Shack was one of the only few that he's signed. 2011 would be an absolute sh*thole if not for the fact that we got some good replacements down in Wenty, but in terms of signing first grade players? It's been zilch, zero, nada, crap, non-existant etc.

To his credit, he's cleaned up about 60% of the trash, but i'm not convinced the remaining 40% will fix themselves up.