What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cv8z

Juniors
So you have no examples of players that were cut early while under contract then, like the suggestion is to do to Ando?

After granting his requested release we still had to contribute to Finch's salary, yes. But ironically, the Storm signing him when they did was the thing that brought them under salary cap investigation in the first place.

Cordoba & Taulima Tautai

Delboy

First Grade
Make one of the KPIs , that we have a friggin game plan/structure and set moves that are completed.

Then look again after 6 to 8 weeks for a review,

Stagger eel

Staff member
he should be given another year with the squad he wants with a decision to be made by mid June for 2012.

parra pete

Referee
Just honour contracts...What is the meaning of a three year deal if it means two..one etc.
I believe in a man's word is his bond....Get a bit of integrity back into the game...

cv8z

Juniors
he should be given another year with the squad he wants with a decision to be made by mid June for 2012.

That's all good and all but show me where the improvement will come from next year
This years team was better than last years on paper yet we only finished 3 wins ahead of the sharks.
DA's win/loss & for & against stats with the eels are not better than Hagan's yet we were happy to see the back of him
No coach will ever have the team he wants, its the the team you get and how you prepare and work with their strengths and weaknesses
If you want to say he got us to a GF then you have to also say he failed miserabley by us finishing 4th last with more of the team he wanted than in 09

DeanPay98

Juniors
Given that the result is now 58 votes to 8 votes in favour of retaining DA the only conclusion that I can draw is that Max3xg has voted eight times.

But seriously, lets see where we are at next year. DA has done a good job thus far but the problem he had this year was that even with an excellent squad we didn't have a halfback.

The only seasons I can think of that were similar is 1999-2000 and 2004. But in 1999 and 2000, after John Simon left in mid-'99 we still had Jim Dymock and Jason Smith effectively acting as 5/8s. Nobody in this team compares to that. Penna was an ok halfback but his inadequacies weren't exposed because Smith and Dymock were in the team. But unsurprisingly, when PJ Marsh started playing halfback things improved in 2000.

2004 sucked on so many levels. Corey Pearson, Adam Dykes, Jamie Lying/Lyon, Vaeliki's acl, Thorman, Witt's demise, Matt Petersen, Matt Petersen.... (so bad I had to list him twice..)

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Sack Anderson. Love to see Ricky Stuart come in & give the team some more grunt just like Bennett did with Saints. Before Bennett got there they had a soft underbelly. Parra showed me in 2010 that they have a soft underbelly too. THey need to win games against the odds & Parra do this rarely. Too hot & cold this year. Anderson had the talent in the squad but didn't deliver. Remember Parra were favourites at the start of the year. Everyone will reply not Stuart because he ruined other clubs. Lets be honest he's a prickly character but so is Brian Smith. He led the Roosters to a premiership, he underminded at the Roosters and then had no talent at the Sharks. Stuart for Parramatta coach in 2011 for mine. He's a winner.

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Sack Anderson. Love to see Ricky Stuart come in & give the team some more grunt just like Bennett did with Saints. Before Bennett got there they had a soft underbelly. Parra showed me in 2010 that they have a soft underbelly too. THey need to win games against the odds & Parra do this rarely. Too hot & cold this year. Anderson had the talent in the squad but didn't deliver. Remember Parra were favourites at the start of the year. Everyone will reply not Stuart because he ruined other clubs. Lets be honest he's a prickly character but so is Brian Smith. He led the Roosters to a premiership, he underminded at the Roosters and then had no talent at the Sharks. Stuart for Parramatta coach in 2011 for mine. He's a winner.

Be very careful what you wish for!:sarcasm:

SeftonBoy

Juniors
He's proven at NRL level Uncle Leo. Toughness needs to be inbuilt into this side. Stuart is the man to restore some pride in the Parra jersey again. If he doesn't get on with the bros we'll have to say no's.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Yep Ricky Stuart has the proven ability to wreck clubs.

He won a premiership in 2002 off the back of Graham Murray's hardwork. Murray then went and built up North Queensland.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Unfortunately, clubs tend to start looking for replacements for a coach a year early, so that the new coach can begin negotiations with off contract players.

Id love for the club to throw absolutely everything at Wayne Bennett.

cv8z

Juniors
Unfortunately, clubs tend to start looking for replacements for a coach a year early, so that the new coach can begin negotiations with off contract players.

Id love for the club to throw absolutely everything at Wayne Bennett.

I think he is the only one that can put the club back on track and in a short amount of time

Add him to the bucket list