What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avenger

Immortal
Seeing that there are massive leaks of his demise I thought I should put up a poll. I vote Yes. If this board has half a brain they should honour his contract and assess mid 2011.

Avenger

Immortal
Sorry mods. Could you please add a poll for me. Doesn't seem to allow me.

Thanks in advance.

bartman

Immortal
Of course he should. He has a contract, and should see it out. If Parra's Board start turfing coaches early for electioneering purposes, it would sadly be hard to continue supporting the club until they are voted out.

cv8z

Juniors
Of course he should. He has a contract, and should see it out. If Parra's Board start turfing coaches early for electioneering purposes, it would sadly be hard to continue supporting the club until they are voted out.

It's ok to release players whilst contracts are in place. Did you stop supporting then?
Ffs

bartman

Immortal
It's ok to release players whilst contracts are in place. Did you stop supporting then?
Ffs
You mean Finch? He asked for a release...

If Ando asks for a release, then no problem letting him go early.

Captain BF

Juniors
Seeing that there are massive leaks of his demise I thought I should put up a poll. I vote Yes. If this board has half a brain they should honour his contract and assess mid 2011.
Are you serious? Not doubting you, as i've been really busy the last couple of days and haven't heard any news or read anywhere about this.

I would be massively dissappointed if Ando was given the chop as i think it genuinely takes 2-3 years to build a squad the coach wants.

Eels Dude

Coach
Who voted no? Stupid idea to release him now. He had a great 2009, a disappointing 2010... but really what would placing a new coach in charge for 2011 now really achieve? Absolutely nothing IMO. Let's see how he goes next year, and for the remainder of this year recruitment wise before making a decision. Overall he's a great coach and there are no better candidates out there. Anyone thinking he should be punted right now obviously doesn't understand the concept of what a "club" is and what "building a team" actually means.

mrpwnd

Bench
Who voted no? Stupid idea to release him now. He had a great 2009, a disappointing 2010... but really what would placing a new coach in charge for 2011 now really achieve? Absolutely nothing IMO. Let's see how he goes next year, and for the remainder of this year recruitment wise before making a decision. Overall he's a great coach and there are no better candidates out there. Anyone thinking he should be punted right now obviously doesn't understand the concept of what a "club" is and what "building a team" actually means.
No, but they probably know what the concept of "Parramatta Eels" and "being the coach of Parra" is. Considering our chopping and changing of coaches throughout the decade, I personally wouldn't be surprised to see DA go, although in saying that I wish to see him see his contract out at the very least.

dazeely

First Grade
Most of those players have gone. Let him see out his contract ffs. In DA I have trust ( until this time next season anyhow).

bartman

Immortal
So you have no examples of players that were cut early while under contract then, like the suggestion is to do to Ando?

After granting his requested release we still had to contribute to Finch's salary, yes. But ironically, the Storm signing him when they did was the thing that brought them under salary cap investigation in the first place.

bartman

Immortal
Also :lol: at these poll results...

When I went to bed last night the poll was 6 votes yes, 4 votes no. Now it's 39 votes to 4!

Latest posts