What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Delboy

First Grade
Why are we all so satisfied with what the coach achieved this year, it was awful given the talent at his disposal.

I don't want to see a coach kept around who fails in getting the club to an apporopriate level. I like DA, but FMD we looked like headless chooks and relatively unfit. You can't blame the board for wanting to see a better result, we sat back and watched the previous admin accept some pretty poor efforts, I am getting too old to sit back and watch people treading on eggshells.

Get the review done, look at who does recruitment and what results they have achieved (read NYC) , see what plans the current coach has and if we have something better, go for it.

The EPL teams would not sit back and be satisfied with what 2010 brought for this team, and neither should we. No structure means poor coaching, not accpetable at under 9s, I realise this might seem a bit fired up, but everyone seems content with mediocrity and finsihing 12th with the Storm not counting was a recipe for action.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I AM TYPING SLOWLY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T READ FAST.

THERE WAS NO 'LAST' - BY THE TIME KINGO WAS EVEN WORTH LOOKING AT TO SIGN, WE HAD $55K AVAILABLE.

There. That's it.

Please don't talk about the situation anymore? Everyone wanted to keep him, but we simply could not.

YOU are as much to blame as anyone else.

:lol: so because you can't handle that the club f**ked up over kk, i'm to blame now? you do realise how spastic that sounds don't you? or are you deadset that badly in denial?

the fact is that kk was being paid match payments, and the rules of match payments is that the payments need to be factored in the next season IF you intend to keep the player. by the time all retention was completed, there was not enough left to cover him AS PER NRL RULES.

pull your neck out of the sand belter

Eels Dude

Coach
Why are we all so satisfied with what the coach achieved this year, it was awful given the talent at his disposal.

I don't want to see a coach kept around who fails in getting the club to an apporopriate level. I like DA, but FMD we looked like headless chooks and relatively unfit. You can't blame the board for wanting to see a better result, we sat back and watched the previous admin accept some pretty poor efforts, I am getting too old to sit back and watch people treading on eggshells.

Get the review done, look at who does recruitment and what results they have achieved (read NYC) , see what plans the current coach has and if we have something better, go for it.

The EPL teams would not sit back and be satisfied with what 2010 brought for this team, and neither should we. No structure means poor coaching, not accpetable at under 9s, I realise this might seem a bit fired up, but everyone seems content with mediocrity and finsihing 12th with the Storm not counting was a recipe for action.

The way the competition is these days every club is going to have a poor year every now and then. Half the sides may the 8, the other half don't. It's pretty simple. So after having a poor 2010 it's not the end of the world. You can't change your coach every time you miss the semis that's just idiotic. You may as well just sign coaches for one year contracts only if that were the case but that's just not going to happen.

Eels Dude

Coach
:lol: so because you can't handle that the club f**ked up over kk, i'm to blame now? you do realise how spastic that sounds don't you? or are you deadset that badly in denial?

the fact is that kk was being paid match payments, and the rules of match payments is that the payments need to be factored in the next season IF you intend to keep the player. by the time all retention was completed, there was not enough left to cover him AS PER NRL RULES.

pull your neck out of the sand belter

The bloke's well aware of that as recently stated. What doesn't make sense is that you understand that's the rules, yet you're blaming the club. That doesn't make any sense at all Mr Johnson.

sooty

Juniors
how could anyone know if the board haven't made any decisions yet,

they have already come out and said he will see out his contract

Sorry for the double post. Been reading Wayne Bennetts book called the man in the mirror and on page 291 is an interesting quote "What I dont need is them (broncos board) coming out publicly and saying I have their full support. That is usually the death knell."

looks like Ando is gone?

boxhead

First Grade
Umm, in case anyone wanted to know, the only remotely reputable source on the other site said that he has heard the same thing.....again though, just reporting what I'm seeing, not believing it one bit.

Delboy

First Grade
ED, this is not about a poor season as you imply

I failed to see any improvement in the side, no structure and little real mettle, if you are happy with that then so be it, I am ticked off that because DA is a Parra boy that we are happy with what we saw last year.

I am glad someone has the balls to question what happened, and all this stuff about a bad year. Did you not see the players we had, Inu and Mateo playing every week, no pressure by playing someone outside the so called top 20 or so. It wasn't good enough , end of story

fish eel

Immortal
I'd love DA to succeed as Parramatta coach because of his passion for the club. I dont ant him sacked, but I can understand why IF it happens.

I failed to see any improvement in the side, no structure and little real mettle, if you are happy with that then so be it,
I am ticked off that because DA is a Parra boy that we are happy with what we saw last year.

I am glad someone has the balls to question what happened, and all this stuff about a bad year. Did you not see the players we had, Inu and Mateo playing every week, no pressure by playing someone outside the so called top 20 or so. It wasn't good enough , end of story

Everyone should be concerned with that IMO, after Anderson being in control for two years.

Yes, we dont have a half back, but after two years surely some type of structure could have been coached into the side? If you look at how we're playing now and compare it to how we were playing last year before the run, where's the improvement? Whats different?

I reckon of the half dozen worst games I've seen, I've probably sat through 3 or 4 of them in the last two years.

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks Fish, we seem to want to be kind to DA, and not question what we saw. It was awful , losing twice to the Sharks and getting smashed twice by the Warriors etc and basically looking like a team of uncoached A grade no names. Don't get me staretd about NYC , that was pitiful and downright embarrassing

Honestly, I welcome a change because I have no confidence in a major improvement, I can't see how we blame the administration, they don't coach or play, good on them for being critical and willing to take some action,

I don't care what the shock jock says about this being a payback, I want to be sure we head in the right direction.

Eels Dude

Coach

I failed to see any improvement in the side, no structure and little real mettle, if you are happy with that then so be it, I am ticked off that because DA is a Parra boy that we are happy with what we saw last year.

Questions should be asked, but no way should he be punted based on our on field performances this year. At the same time questions should be asked about all the other sides that missed the finals this year because their own supporters would have equally varying concerns about the coach and the way their clubs are heading. But it would be a very harsh decision to blame 2010 on DA especially after he coached us to a Grand Final last year. Obviously i'm not happy with how our season went as would every Eels supporter, as would all supporters from every club that missed out on the top 8. Just ask Tigers supporters what they think about Tim Sheens after they underperformed and missed the top 8 for 4 straight years until this season. We've had just one poor year under DA, he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he can turn things around next season. I'm certainly not going to be critical of him not selecting players outside our top 25 because there was no-one standing up at either Wenty or in the U20s who deserved promotion to first grade based on performances this year except for maybe Anthony Mitchell, but he would have struggled with the week to week grind of NRL level footy this year.

fish eel

Immortal
Thanks Fish, we seem to want to be kind to DA, and not question what we saw. It was awful , losing twice to the Sharks and getting smashed twice by the Warriors etc and basically looking like a team of uncoached A grade no names. Don't get me staretd about NYC , that was pitiful and downright embarrassing

Honestly, I welcome a change because I have no confidence in a major improvement, I can't see how we blame the administration, they don't coach or play, good on them for being critical and willing to take some action,

I don't care what the shock jock says about this being a payback, I want to be sure we head in the right direction.

We have our differences on other matters and you'll be crowing in March but I do agree with much of what you have said about the coach.

That being said, I would be disappointed if he didnt see out his contract, however IF that was to happen, I certainly wouldnt rail against the board. In fact, I think it's really positive that there is this review going on. It was a dreadful year. We drastically underperformed because we have seen what good football this side can play. What's the alternative of the review? A shrug of the shoulders?

Suitman

Post Whore

I'd love DA to succeed as Parramatta coach because of his passion for the club. I dont ant him sacked, but I can understand why IF it happens.

Everyone should be concerned with that IMO, after Anderson being in control for two years.

Yes, we dont have a half back, but after two years surely some type of structure could have been coached into the side? If you look at how we're playing now and compare it to how we were playing last year before the run, where's the improvement? Whats different?

I reckon of the half dozen worst games I've seen, I've probably sat through 3 or 4 of them in the last two years.

We have our differences on other matters and you'll be crowing in March but I do agree with much of what you have said about the coach.

That being said, I would be disappointed if he didnt see out his contract, however IF that was to happen, I certainly wouldnt rail against the board. In fact, I think it's really positive that there is this review going on. It was a dreadful year. We drastically underperformed because we have seen what good football this side can play. What's the alternative of the review? A shrug of the shoulders?

I can't disagree with any of that tbh.
Anderson had a smashing chance this year to stamp his authority as a dominant NRL coach.
He failed to take it. With the roster we had, and the momentum we took into this season, it really should have panned out better than it did.
I'd like to see him given his third year, but if the decision is made to punt him, I can fully understand why, and I wouldn't/couldn't argue against it.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
What makes it tough for the fans, I think, that he is a bloke who is passionate about the club and who was destined to coach the side.

yy_cheng

Coach
I can't disagree with any of that tbh.
Anderson had a smashing chance this year to stamp his authority as a dominant NRL coach.
He failed to take it. With the roster we had, and the momentum we took into this season, it really should have panned out better than it did.
I'd like to see him given his third year, but if the decision is made to punt him, I can fully understand why, and I wouldn't/couldn't argue against it.

Suity

That's how I see it.

He should've just built on that streak we had last year.

He could've done what Ricky did at the roosters with that awesome defense but in our case awesome attack.

That style would run lots of teams ragged and tired.

But he did a 360 and went to safety first and went with Mortz as the playmaker. If Mortz, played like tim smith did in 2005, fair enough, but he does not have any ounce of that skill.

There were comments from Fui which said he was 2 weeks from peak fitness. I forgot when that was but it wasn't early in the season.

I reckon Bennett got it right. Come out charging in the 1st few rounds before SOO when everyone else was mucking around. Build up some easy competition points.

Slow down during SOO with players out but maybe pick up a few pts as other teams had rep players.

Slowly hit your straps again after rep and charge home to the finals and GF.

DA's plan seemed to be, get a few wins until we got to after SOO and then go on a streak.

We started that with the Hayne train but when it was changed to the plane, we koncked out. He then threw the structured stuff out and just let us throw at will. That's when Mateo started to get more involved.

Was that planned? I think not. I think he got desperate and just let them do whatever they wanted.

Bad Season overall.

As for the comment about other teams who failed as well. Well, they didn't come in as Grand Finalist and a momentum that should've just been carried on.

GORN is my verdict.

yy_cheng

Coach
This is exactly what hurts me most.

same goes with Mortimer to an extent. But if he can't deliver, then .......

If we made the finals at least, I would have no problems keeping him.

Hard one though but he knew this when he joined.

Latest posts