What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

Should Daniel Anderson be our coach in 2011?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kornstar

Coach
Just from everything i have seen of Ossie and the rest of the board, i wouldn't trust any of them as far as i could throw them.......

Ando has been under pressure since they got to power! Whispers have always been around.......those slime balls can say what they like to Tony or other members of this forum but imo they are full of sh*t!

bartman

Immortal
So imagine another year with Hagan in 2009. He was on a 3 year deal right and left in the 2nd year.
He chose to leave and gave notice. Big difference to a coach being cut early by the Board, sending the club into a deeper mess.

I don't agree. Any other coach wouldn't give a rat's bottom. It's a job and if they have the confidence to back themselves, they will take it.
Coaches watching all the crappy headlines our club has been involved in, all the information floating out there from "insiders" and "sources" that should remain behind closed doors would be a big warning sign for any other coach. Why would a coach bother to back themselves in such a sh*tty background environment? Players are having to go to the media to express their displeasure about all the leaks, ffs!
If you asked Bennett and offered him heaps, he would take it.
Same with Ricky. I reckon same with dumped coaches like Fittler and Jason Taylor. Offer it to them and do you really think they would knock it back?

I think not.
Bennett wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. He knows better. How many disruptive backroom headlines have there been at Saints? None that I can think of, he chose wisely.

We shouldn't touch Sticky with a barge pole. He's a failed coach, failed with Australia, had a good year with the Roosters sometime last decade. We'd only get him because he'd be the only coach desperate enough for a gig to put up with an environment where coaches are cut randomly based on board election timings.

Fittler and Taylor don't look like they're banging the door down for a new coaching gig, both doing ok in the media thank you very much. I don't reckon they'd take this job if DA is cut early by the Board - why would they want to be in that environment?

yy_cheng

Coach
He chose to leave and gave notice. Big difference to a coach being cut early by the Board, sending the club into a deeper mess.
I'd bet DA will CHOOSE to LEAVE even against his will.

So with your argument that we have a poor structure in place, then DA will not leave as why would Kearney or Ricky come here with so much crap going on here.

Time will tell buddy.

If DA remains, you are right.

If DA is pushed but made to look he resigned, and Kearney comes, then I am right.

bartman

Immortal
I don't care who is "right", it's not a competition :lol:.

I reckon DA will not even seek an extension beyond 2011 anyway, due to the climate he's had to work in (which won't be any better with all the electioneering crap and headlines to come in the off-season next April).

The Board is crazy imo if they cut him loose early - that will effect team morale more than any halfback pairing. Short term thinking, just to have a scapegoat and keep their noses clean at the election, regardless of who they might line up to try and pick up the pieces.

yy_cheng

Coach
So it will look like Sharpe will be the caretaker coach as no one will touch us and DA will go.

Sharpe signed on for an extended term right?

boxhead

First Grade
So it will look like Sharpe will be the caretaker coach as no one will touch us and DA will go.

Sharpe signed on for an extended term right?

You have to remember, Ossie is great friends with Stephen Kearney and Ricky Stuart....

Avenger

Immortal
You have to remember, Ossie is great friends with Stephen Kearney and Ricky Stuart....

The only positive of getting Kearney is a possible increased chance of getting Cronk.

If Mateo leaving was solely up to Anderson it seems a little stupid to sack Ando unless of course Mateo has a clause in his contract with the Warriors.

boxhead

First Grade
The only positive of getting Kearney is a possible increased chance of getting Cronk.

If Mateo leaving was solely up to Anderson it seems a little stupid to sack Ando unless of course Mateo has a clause in his contract with the Warriors.

That's what I thought too....also him being the New Zealand Coach would really help out our stock of young Kiwi players.

Stewie

Juniors
Would we be any better off under Kearney? The only reason he has a good name is because he worked under Craig Bellamy who I think has lost alot, if not all of his credibility as a coach. Give the worst coach in the Nrl an extra $700k+ a season and see how much better they look. I also don't want the team loaded with Harlem globetrotter kiwis that can't hold onto the ball. We just offloaded 2 of them (who in my opinion weren't a key part of our late success last year). Have a bit of faith in Anderson, 1st year GF and not far from the 8 in a very close competition when we had absolutely nothing doing in the halves. A couple of signatures could change everything for 2011.

Eels Dude

Coach
That's what I thought too....also him being the New Zealand Coach would really help out our stock of young Kiwi players.

I hate that attitude. If a young player wants to become a first grade footballer than the coach's heritage should have nothing to do with it. Daniel Anderson coached the Warriors and the Kiwis and there were rumours of "player unrest" as Polynesian players didn't enjoy his style of coaching. If that's the case too bad, you can't give special treatment to players of Polynesian heritage without alienating the rest of the players.

Eels Dude

Coach
Would we be any better off under Kearney? The only reason he has a good name is because he worked under Craig Bellamy who I think has lost alot, if not all of his credibility as a coach. Give the worst coach in the Nrl an extra $700k+ a season and see how much better they look. I also don't want the team loaded with Harlem globetrotter kiwis that can't hold onto the ball. We just offloaded 2 of them (who in my opinion weren't a key part of our late success last year). Have a bit of faith in Anderson, 1st year GF and not far from the 8 in a very close competition when we had absolutely nothing doing in the halves. A couple of signatures could change everything for 2011.

Agreed. The bloke is unproven as a coach. He may have coached NZ to a World Cup win but he had Wayne Bennett as his "assistant" so who knows who was actually doing most of the coaching. He's done well at Melbourne as an assistant but none of us know how big a role he has down there, and all things considering after Melbourne's rorting were revealed the theory behind their success over the previous 4 seasons has to be re-analysed. Were they so great because of great coaching? Or was it because they'd a very unfair advantage over other sides by cheating?

cv8z

Juniors

Coaches watching all the crappy headlines our club has been involved in, all the information floating out there from "insiders" and "sources" that should remain behind closed doors would be a big warning sign for any other coach. Why would a coach bother to back themselves in such a sh*tty background environment? Players are having to go to the media to express their displeasure about all the leaks, ffs!

Bennett wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. He knows better. How many disruptive backroom headlines have there been at Saints? None that I can think of, he chose wisely.

We shouldn't touch Sticky with a barge pole. He's a failed coach, failed with Australia, had a good year with the Roosters sometime last decade. We'd only get him because he'd be the only coach desperate enough for a gig to put up with an environment where coaches are cut randomly based on board election timings.

Fittler and Taylor don't look like they're banging the door down for a new coaching gig, both doing ok in the media thank you very much. I don't reckon they'd take this job if DA is cut early by the Board - why would they want to be in that environment?
That's funny
No one of any worth would want to coach us :lol:
Same must go for players then since the coach is letting go of so many local juniors. If the coach treats our juniors that way who would want to play under him?

cv8z

Juniors
Agreed. The bloke is unproven as a coach. He may have coached NZ to a World Cup win but he had Wayne Bennett as his "assistant" so who knows who was actually doing most of the coaching. He's done well at Melbourne as an assistant but none of us know how big a role he has down there, and all things considering after Melbourne's rorting were revealed the theory behind their success over the previous 4 seasons has to be re-analysed. Were they so great because of great coaching? Or was it because they'd a very unfair advantage over other sides by cheating?

They were great because they had the necessary programs and procedures to identify and develop players. They didn't go out and buy the big 4 once they were superstars. They were developed.
Look at our piss poor development when you compare the catchment of juniors and our development/recruitment process.
Sure you can ask what would SK bring.
I would like to think he would bring the way melb develop players which is something lacked since crusher left.
If DA had anything to offer it would've been evident in 2 years

boxhead

First Grade
I hate that attitude. If a young player wants to become a first grade footballer than the coach's heritage should have nothing to do with it. Daniel Anderson coached the Warriors and the Kiwis and there were rumours of "player unrest" as Polynesian players didn't enjoy his style of coaching. If that's the case too bad, you can't give special treatment to players of Polynesian heritage without alienating the rest of the players.

I think you misunderstood my comment, I was talking about how he would actually have better relations with the Polynesian players than Ando would....all the players should be treated equally, but then I don't care too much for this because I think the unrest rumours with Ando are untrue anyway.

boxhead

First Grade
They were great because they had the necessary programs and procedures to identify and develop players. They didn't go out and buy the big 4 once they were superstars. They were developed.
Look at our piss poor development when you compare the catchment of juniors and our development/recruitment process.
I would like to think he would bring the way melb develop players which is something lacked since crusher left.

I agree with the points about development and what Kearney could bring, IMO it could definitely help out our younger players.

However, before you ridicule me, I do want Ando to stay first and foremost ;-)

bartman

Immortal
That's funny
No one of any worth would want to coach us :lol:
Same must go for players then since the coach is letting go of so many local juniors. If the coach treats our juniors that way who would want to play under him?
Hmm, but is the coach cutting any local juniors before they see out their contracts? I think you are (deliberately?) missing the distinction...

Eels Dude

Coach

The difference with the Storm is that they spend an absolute fortune on recruitment, coaching and development systems because being owned by News Ltd they can afford it. They spend a lot more than any Sydney club can afford because News throw as much money their way as they can to ensure they're successful. There's so salary cap on coaching and recruitment staff etc