What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

legend

Coach
And you know this how? It's just your opinion and you have no proof either way that what you are saying is true.

This:
Soul-Cleanser.jpg

+

This:
Brett-Stewart-6523351.jpg

=

This:

17947_23_1.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN GALLOP !

juro

Bench
How many years did the aborigines have to wait to get an apology? You've got a few years to go yet, Brett...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Stewart has done more to bring the game into dispute acting like a massive cry baby over the last few years than anything else. Stop crying brett.

firechild

First Grade
Wests, Souths and Sharks fans have been whinging about Manly for 40 years. Surely Manly/Brett are allowed to whinge for a few more years? Tommy Raudonikis was still whinging last week about what Manly did in the 70s. People should be looking in their own backyards before telling others to move on.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Stewart has done more to bring the game into dispute acting like a massive cry baby over the last few years than anything else. Stop crying brett.

And that can end when our esteemed leader apologises for bringing Brett Stewart as a person into disrepute.

Gallop could have ended this years ago.

Loudstrat

Coach
Do you honestly think that Brett Stewart hasn't tried over the course of two years to sit down and sort it out with Gallop?

This was probably one of the only times Gallop has been in the same place as Brett, so good on Brett for sticking with it.

The quickest and most correct way of ending this is for Gallop to apologise.
How far is it from Brookie to Moore Park ffs? Oh that's right - too far for Manly.

Never heard of a phone? A letter? Or email?

Gallop has never had a problem with Stewart. Snake is the twat who has carried on like a prized gimp.And if the club acted properly the first time, it would not have happened like this

I don't know for sure. If Brett has tried to arrange a face to face meeting and Gallop has refused then I am with him. However from what I have read it seems like Brett believes Gallop should be the one to initiate the meeting and Gallop has not done so. I agree that Gallop should initiate the meeting, however if I was in Bretts shoes I would have requested the meeting and got it sorted. Although I can not comprehend what he has been through the last 2 years so it is pretty unfair for all to judge him.
Gallop hasn't got the problem. Snake has. But I'm glad Snake has sat here fore 3 years stewing on this problem, and doing nothing about it, while Gallop has gotten on with life.

The Stewart family are up themselves f*ckwits.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
How far is it from Brookie to Moore Park ffs? Oh that's right - too far for Manly.

Never heard of a phone? A letter? Or email?

Gallop has never had a problem with Stewart. Snake is the twat who has carried on like a prized gimp.And if the club acted properly the first time, it would not have happened like this

Gallop hasn't got the problem. Snake has. But I'm glad Snake has sat here fore 3 years stewing on this problem, and doing nothing about it, while Gallop has gotten on with life.

The Stewart family are up themselves f*ckwits.

You honestly think those options haven't been tried already?! Are you that naive?

Of couse Brett has the problem, why are you making it out like that is something new?

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
...while Gallop has gotten on with life.

Does your brain work when you think and type?

Gallop wasn't suspended by the governing body on no evidence or any of the associated trauma that comes from being accused of a crime, so of course Gallop has "gotten on with his life..." He had nothing to stop him from getting on with his life you moron.

LESStar58

Referee
Stewart, while he might still be pissed off, should have left well enough alone. Sunday night on the podium on live TV was not the time to be carrying on like that. It just makes him look like a sook.

Gmac

Juniors
Has anybody actually come out and said " I herd what he said to gallop and this is what he said" ?? Body languge experts? Lip readers? f**k off this sounds like your typical news ltd garbage.
Every bloke that has picked the chick out of a group at a club that was gagging for it is all of a sudden is a body language expert :roll:

If he did say what they're saying well i can understand why HE thought it was justified but its a stupid thing to do.
You could see what the win ment to him after the years of shit hes been through but its time he just got over it. This is susposed to be one of manly's finest hours.

Least he didnt put one on him though..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly. Officials at the club have attempted to organise a meeting between the 2 but to no avail, Gallop has deliberately avoided the whole situation. Gallop only has himself to blame for this situation. Compare this to the Carney situation where Gallop invited Carney to his office to discuss the incident(s) in question and try to get a resolution. Gallop is the CEO of the NRL and it is up to him to attempt to diffuse these situations yet he has deliberately stepped around one of the biggest off field controversies in recent years allowing it to continue to escalate. These kind of fueds don't just go away, they need to be discussed between the warring parties and a conclusion has to be found.
Source?

You have absolutely no proof to back this claim about the club trying to initiate meetings and even less backing to the claim of Gallop avoiding it.

Given the issue is OVER TWO YEARS passed, if Stewart wants to discuss it, it's up to him to ring NRLHQ and ask to sit down with DG.
Disrepute how? He was found not-guilty and the court evidence showed he was not at an intoxicated level.

So tell me now how he brought the game into disrepute?
"not at an intoxicated level"?

So he'd had zero alcohol? :?

Stewart has done incredibly well to overcome the allegations and the injuries suffered (which have no doubt compounded his grief), but for he and his closest family and friends to still be grudging against Gallop is bizarre at best. Gallop isn't the guilty party here.

Last edited:

The_Rogue

Juniors
He IS owed an apology and his anger is at the fact that it should have happened over a year ago.

He is owed an apology from the NRL and David Gallop because they handed down a punishment for a charge of which he was ultimately found innocent.

He is owed an apology because similar action was not taken by the NRL for Benji Marshall's Assault Charge, or Todd Carney's (repeated) Drink Driving charge.

The last 2 incidents clearly showed that the NRL and Gallop realised that the course of action taken against Brett Stewart was an error in judgement and not to be repeated.

The only reason the NRL and Gallop will not publicly apologise is because that would be a clear admission of guilt and open them up to legal action as their conduct had a major impact to Brett financially through loss of sponsorship and endorsements, not to mention defamation.

If you were sacked at work for stealing only to be found innocent, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that you may be entitled to financial compensation for unfair dismissal.

Once his NRL career has concluded he will certainly chase the NRL for Financial damages and good on him, hung out to dry by the game that pockets hundreds of millions of dollars from the sporting spectacle that the talents of Brett and hand full of other gifted players provide.

Last edited:

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Source?

You have absolutely no proof to back this claim about the club trying to initiate meetings and even less backing to the claim of Gallop avoiding it.

Given the issue is OVER TWO YEARS passed, if Stewart wants to discuss it, it's up to him to ring NRLHQ and ask to sit down with DG.

"not at an intoxicated level"?

So he'd had zero alcohol? :?

When did I say he had zero alcohol in his system? You need to read and listen.

Alcohol intoxication (also known as drunkenness or inebriation) is a physiological state that occurs when a person or animal has a high level of ethanol (alcohol) in his/her blood.
Common symptoms of alcohol intoxication include slurred speech, euphoria, impaired balance, loss of muscle coordination (ataxia), flushed face, vomiting, reddened eyes, reduced inhibition, and erratic behavior. In severe cases, it can cause coma or death.

Hooch

Juniors
News Ltd garbage... looked for all the world like some sort of hatchet burial.

Who cares really.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He IS owed an apology and his anger is at the fact that it should have happened over a year ago.

He is owed an apology from the NRL and David Gallop because they handed down a punishment for a charge of which he was ultimately found innocent.

He is owed an apology because similar action was not taken by the NRL for Benji Marshall's Assault Charge, or Todd Carney's (repeated) Drink Driving charge.

The last 2 incidents clearly showed that the NRL and Gallop realised that the course of action taken against Brett Stewart was an error in judgement and not to be repeated.

The only reason the NRL and Gallop will not publicly apologise is because that would be a clear admission of guilt and open them up to legal action as their conduct painted had a major impact to Brett financially through loss of sponsorship and endorsements, not to mention defamation.

If I was sacked at work for stealing only to be found innocent, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realise that I may be entitled to financial compensation for unfair dismissal.

Once his NRL career has concluded he will certainly chase the NRL for Financial damages and good on him, hung out to dry by the game that pockets hundreds of millions of dollars from the sporting spectacle that the talents of Brett and hand full of other gifted players provide.

It's been repeated ad nauseum, but just for the special ones:

Each case like this is assessed on it's own merit.

In incidents with other clubs, the club agreed to take action against the player, meaning the NRL did not have to do so. In the case of Stewart, Manly refused to punish him for his actions, which forced the NRL's hand.

Part of the reason Brett would've been further damaged by the whole event was the ongoing injury crisis which hampered him throughout 2009-10. That's not the NRL's fault, or his, it's just bad luck.

And he wasn't sacked, he was suspended for four weeks.

When did I say he had zero alcohol in his system? You need to read and listen.

Alcohol intoxication (also known as drunkenness or inebriation) is a physiological state that occurs when a person or animal has a high level of ethanol (alcohol) in his/her blood.
Common symptoms of alcohol intoxication include slurred speech, euphoria, impaired balance, loss of muscle coordination (ataxia), flushed face, vomiting, reddened eyes, reduced inhibition, and erratic behavior. In severe cases, it can cause coma or death.
Listen on the internet? Are you on Youtube? :p

For what it's worth, he was clearly still drinking that night, regardless of if he reached this special "intoxication" you speak of.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I said listen because is has come out through various channels and mediums that he was not intoxicated.