What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
In incidents with other clubs, the club agreed to take action against the player, meaning the NRL did not have to do so. In the case of Stewart, Manly refused to punish him for his actions, which forced the NRL's hand.

So what would the club have punished him for exactly? Tell me right now.

NRL made a rash decision based on no evidence whatsoever.

Matt23

Staff member
No, Brett Stewart should stop carrying on like a crybaby, get over it FFS

Galeforce

Bench
apologise for what ? One person was responsible for bringing the game into disrepute and it was not Gallop.final jury decision appeared to me a BENEFIT of the Doubt decision.

Raiderdave

First Grade
for what ?

Manly confirmed stewart carried on like a friggin idiot at the 2009 season launch & brought the game into disrepute

4 weeks is a fair enough punishment from the NRL because Manly were going to do nothing

as for people saying Carney got away with the same sort of behaviour
what utter rubbish :roll:

he was rubbed out of the game by Gallop
FOR A WHOLE YEAR :sarcasm:

Gallop has nothing .... zero to answer to Stewart for
zilch.;-)

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
apologise for what ? One person was responsible for bringing the game into disrepute and it was not Gallop.final jury decision appeared to me a BENEFIT of the Doubt decision.

Are you serious the Judge appologised to stewart and repremanded the DPP for even bringing the case forward. 2 jury members made the effort to shake stewarts hand for the way he conducted himself..... BOD.... get over your hate and get a clue!!!!

Brutus

Referee
If the question read: Should Gallop apologise to RL fans for unselling and talking down the game over the years - then I would have voted yes.

Galeforce

Bench
wow , stood down for 5 games whilst the charges/media circus were in process makes sense to me given the seriousness of the charge.
Wow , anyone comparing a MORNING AFTER alcohol charge and a late hour PUBLIC punch to a private drunken assault accusation on a young female outside of their home , well enough said for that person.TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU MORON.
NOT Guilty also means Benefit of the doubt , not enough evidence . something happenned, where there is smoke/there is fire and only one person responsible for that.

firechild

First Grade
for what ?

Manly confirmed stewart carried on like a friggin idiot at the 2009 season launch & brought the game into disrepute

4 weeks is a fair enough punishment from the NRL because Manly were going to do nothing

Geez, you've obviously read a few comments from bitter LU members to come up with your version of events.

Manly never confirmed Stewart carried on like an idiot. The only accusation aimed at Stewart with regard to the season launch was that he was intoxicated (it was later revealed by police that he wasn't). Even if he was drunk, he did nothing wrong while drunk, he simply was asked (along with other team members) to leave the Wharf bar as the function had finished. If being a responsible drunk is a crime then half the NRL players should be suspended each weekend. Of course, Manly were going to do nothing, Brett had done nothing that was contrary to club or NRL policies.

Patorick

Staff member
Moot point.

It's over.

John Howard will apologise to the stolen generation before Gallop offers any sort of apology to Brett Stewart.

Life goes on, c'est la vie, move on.

Not that the media people will ever let this go anyway.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Stewart needs to get over it now, just move on, should have been sorted 12 months ago. Both parties have handled this part of the issue poorly, I can understand why Stewart felt like he was hung out to dry, as he was hung drawn and convicted by all, through the media and he feels like he deserved some support from people within this game, as most people would expect.
But geez it has gone on for long enough, time to get over it!!!!

betcats

Referee
Moot point.

It's over.

John Howard will apologise to the stolen generation before Gallop offers any sort of apology to Brett Stewart.

Life goes on, c'est la vie, move on.

Not that the media people will ever let this go anyway.

Only reason this is being talked about is because Brett wont let it go.

Once Dead

Bench
I can understand why Stewart would feel hard done by. However there is a time and place for this sort of stuff and after the GF when getting your premiership ring is not it. Stewart should have arranged a meeting well before the GF to have it out with Gallop.

Exactly. Be the bigger man and not some petulant little kid who thinks that they are cool talking back to the Principal.

Egotistical, immature kid.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I am still waiting for Timmy to tell me what the MWRLFC should have punished Brett for, forcing the NRL to punish him instead...