What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

firechild

First Grade
I honestly haven't taken enough interest in the case but from what I've heard he probably did. The difference between the 2 cases there was evidence in the Bird case and there was none in the Stewart case. There is alway doubt when it comes to partners. We've seen charges against Inglis and Lui (twice) dropped and if I recall correctly Bird's gf changed her story? Stewart was cleared because there was no evidence he did was he was accused of. Add to that an accusor with mental health issues and her father had previously been convicted fo fraud. I think to suggest he got a luck BOD ruling is way off the mark.

SharkShocked

Bench
For the record i agree with what you are saying firechild. It seems that in the Stewart case there were many issues that arose suspicion

But to go on and believe that every ruling that is made in court, particularly when talking about celebrities is fair and just, is laughable and naive.

In regards to whether or not he is carrying on with it, both parties are at fault, they really should have sorted this out much earlier behind closed doors and not let the media continually dictate terms.

wittyfan

Referee
Go easy on the Coke Snake!!!

01260457.jpg

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
For the record i agree with what you are saying firechild. It seems that in the Stewart case there were many issues that arose suspicion

But to go on and believe that every ruling that is made in court, particularly when talking about celebrities is fair and just, is laughable and naive.

In regards to whether or not he is carrying on with it, both parties are at fault, they really should have sorted this out much earlier behind closed doors and not let the media continually dictate terms.

Absolutely agree with the last statement!
Stewart has to let this go NOW, we cannot have another year dominated by the media and this crap!!!

firechild

First Grade

I agree with that and I have clarified my position. I said that opinions should be formed based on evidence and not whether you like the club that the bloke plays for. In the Stewart case there was no evidence (the judge had a go at the prosecution for even bringing the case to court) and other factors which I have mentioned show that the case was pretty wobbly from the ground up.

juro

Bench
The fact is that any celebrity who is charged with any sort of offense and then found not guilty will always have doubters thinking he or she was guilty. Every rugby league player who has had his name linked to incidents will always be talked about based on allegations, true or false. It goes with the job, unfortunately.

So if Stewart is happy to continue playing in the NRL, earning hundreds of thousands of dollars every year, he had better get used to it. An apology from Gallop won't change the opinion of the doubters.

ceagle

Bench
So we are all going to just believe what Weidler and some body language expert have to say?

Raiderdave

First Grade
Can you give any evidence that the club confirmed that Brett acted like an idiot? And LU posts don't count. The police that arrived on the scene said that Brett didn't appear to be intoxicated. Must have sobered up pretty quickly.

Manly's report to the NRL said he was heavily intoxicated
Gallop said as much when interveiwed by George Negus last week

eye witnesses said the clubs 2009 season launch got well out of hand
a disgrace for any club let alone the then defending premiers

again
the NRL's response was spot on in my opinion & that of most RL fans
there'll be no apology
as one is not deserved.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
So we are all going to just believe what Weidler and some body language expert have to say?

Same Weilder that said Dessie was done and dusted to dogs in 2012 and Foran and Stewart would execute escape clauses and follow.

Really credible source:crazy::crazy:

oval

Juniors
This whole sorry saga needs to go away.

I understand why Brett is still burning, but by now he should realise that Gallop ain't gonna back down. They don't like each other, they both think they have the moral highground, and they both are sticking to their guns.

Alot of people seem to still think Brett was guilty, hence the extra hostility towards him. But if he was innocent (which he was judged to be in a court of law), then people need to put themselves in his shoes and ask, would you just forgive and forget? Fat chance. But on the other hand, Gallops position is understandable. So it's a stand off that will never be resovled.

What annoys me more than enything in this drama is the fact it's taken attention away from the Manly premiership. People get so worked up about stupid shit like this.

nqcowboy87

Bench
weedler is a tool, lets just ignore what he says. but if stewart is still being a whinging b### then he is a whinging b###, theres better ways to handle a situation like this then just whinge

Beachy Eagle

Juniors

again
there'll be no apology
as one is not deserved.

Manly Refute the claim that they reported he was heavily intoxicated....
But other than that I pretty much agree wiht what you are saying.
Gallop could however have said he never at any stage meant to influence the details of the assult accusations, which is what the whole crux of the issue is about..... Not an appology just clarification, without this Stewart has obviously felt he was hung out to dry by the NRL...
Time to get over it though.....PLEASE GET OVER IT FOR ALL OUR SANITIES!!!!!

This whole sorry saga needs to go away.

I understand why Brett is still burning, but by now he should realise that Gallop ain't gonna back down. They don't like each other, they both think they have the moral highground, and they both are sticking to their guns.

Alot of people seem to still think Brett was guilty, hence the extra hostility towards him. But if he was innocent (which he was judged to be in a court of law), then people need to put themselves in his shoes and ask, would you just forgive and forget? Fat chance. But on the other hand, Gallops position is understandable. So it's a stand off that will never be resovled.

What annoys me more than enything in this drama is the fact it's taken attention away from the Manly premiership. People get so worked up about stupid shit like this.

If I was a Manly fan, this is what would be pissing me off too.

However, you guys only have one person to blame. If Stewart (both of them, for that matter) had manned up, wlaked up onto the stage, shook Gallop's hand, not said a word, and walked off, none of this discussion would have ever happened.

BuffaloRules

Coach
I really dont know who is at fault here...

I think I will wait until Rebecca Wilson's column this week before making up my mind...

Wonder which way she will go on this issue??

firechild

First Grade

again
there'll be no apology
as one is not deserved.

You still haven't stated where it was said that he acted like an idiot. You can be heavily intoxicated (which according to police, he wasn't) without acting like an idiot. Drunk or not, he did nothing wrong and did nothing to bring the game into disrepute.

Yes, the launch got out of hand, Watmough punched a sponsor but that still doesn't explain the suspension for Stewart.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Same Weilder that said Dessie was done and dusted to dogs in 2012 and Foran and Stewart would execute escape clauses and follow.

Really credible source:crazy::crazy:

My mail is, if you shoot 100 arrows in the air, a few will hit something. You read it here first.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Stewart was intoxicated at the launch...or so the NRL was informed by Manly. Perhaps Stewart should be seeking an apology off his employer if it passed on incorrect information.

By the way, Stewart was not convicted of the offence so he is innocent. Innocence is assumed until guilt is proven beyond a reasonable doubt and there is never a requirement to have an accused prove innocence.

ceagle

Bench
How can anyone believe what the papers say? First they claim that reporters heard it was a peace offering now they are claiming the exact opposite.

It completely reeks of bullshit.