What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

Brutus

Referee
I reckon the Stewart's got over it on Sunday night.

They said what they wanted to say to Gallop and I reckon we won't hear another peep from them or Manly over the issue.

Now let's all move on too.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Geez, you've obviously read a few comments from bitter LU members to come up with your version of events.

Manly never confirmed Stewart carried on like an idiot. The only accusation aimed at Stewart with regard to the season launch was that he was intoxicated (it was later revealed by police that he wasn't). Even if he was drunk, he did nothing wrong while drunk, he simply was asked (along with other team members) to leave the Wharf bar as the function had finished. If being a responsible drunk is a crime then half the NRL players should be suspended each weekend. Of course, Manly were going to do nothing, Brett had done nothing that was contrary to club or NRL policies.

ah...... garbage , from one end of this post to the other

he could barely walk & made a complete tool of himself
confirmed by the Manly club itself ... this ..confirmed by Gallop

the NRL's response was reasoned & measured

the bitching from these 2 clowns from the Stewart Family .. & the Manly club since
has been anything but ...........

Galeforce

Bench
Are you serious the Judge appologised to stewart and repremanded the DPP for even bringing the case forward. 2 jury members made the effort to shake stewarts hand for the way he conducted himself..... BOD.... get over your hate and get a clue!!!!

sorry mate i think you have no clue.
number 1 , how would you expect stewart to behave in the court room ? Of course he would have conducted himself to the highest standard he could whatever he had really done .
number 2 , OJ was also found not guilty and am sure some of the jury would have liked to kiss his ass too . what does that prove ? The latest view continues to be he really did it.
number 3 , something happenned. If the girl had lied , then i would expect a civil action against her by the accused. Has this happenned? what does that mean to you , it means it me that something happenned however the jury gave a benefit of the doubt decision.

firechild

First Grade
Can you give any evidence that the club confirmed that Brett acted like an idiot? And LU posts don't count. The police that arrived on the scene said that Brett didn't appear to be intoxicated. Must have sobered up pretty quickly.

The_Rogue

Juniors
wow , stood down for 5 games whilst the charges/media circus were in process makes sense to me given the seriousness of the charge.
Wow , anyone comparing a MORNING AFTER alcohol charge and a late hour PUBLIC punch to a private drunken assault accusation on a young female outside of their home , well enough said for that person.TOTALLY DIFFERENT YOU MORON.
NOT Guilty also means Benefit of the doubt , not enough evidence . something happenned, where there is smoke/there is fire and only one person responsible for that.

Clearly you're a prop who has been on the end of too many head high tackles...

DJShaksta

First Grade
And this is exactly the type of view that makes someone stay bitter. He was found not guilty yet he will go through the rest of his life with idiots like yourself thinking that maybe he did it. How would you like to have that hanging over your head when you know that you are innocent?

A lack of evidence does not make him innocent.
Him not being convicted of the charges does not make him innocent.
It means there was not enough evidence for said conviction.

firechild

First Grade

Yet my point still stands. If he KNOWS that he is innocent, the fact they can never say with 100% certainty that he is innocent, idiots like you will always second guess him and he will have that hanging over his head for the rest of his life.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
sorry mate i think you have no clue.
number 1 , how would you expect stewart to behave in the court room ? Of course he would have conducted himself to the highest standard he could whatever he had really done .
number 2 , OJ was also found not guilty and am sure some of the jury would have liked to kiss his ass too . what does that prove ? The latest view continues to be he really did it.
number 3 , something happenned. If the girl had lied , then i would expect a civil action against her by the accused. Has this happenned? what does that mean to you , it means it me that something happenned however the jury gave a benefit of the doubt decision.

The Girl cam out after the case and said her father pushed her to make the claims, she has a severe history of mental issues, and the only reason she was not persued is because the whole thing was an embarrasment to the legal system, and with here mental issues there was very little possibility of a result in persuing her.

Suggesting that the current info leads to him being guilty is slanderious and flat out lies, but you continue on with your hate rage against him......

He is being pedantic now and I completely disagree with the way he is carrying on, but for people like you to still suggest he is guilty is more than likely the reason this issue continues......

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
Why does someone second guessing him make them an idiot??
Are people not allowed to have their own opinion??

firechild

First Grade
Sure they are but when their opinions are not based on facts but rather on their hate of the football club the person plays for makes them an idiot.

El Diablo

Post Whore

2gse2iv.jpg

SharkShocked

Bench
Firechild - What do you personally believe happened with the Bird saga?

Did he do anything?

Cause i sure as hell think he did something. Yet his charges were quashed in court.

Richard Gay Was God

First Grade
The cross eyed f**k should be grateful he wasn't rubbed out for the rest of the season for his cowardly hit on Adam Blair. He only got 1 week because Papa Smurf McCallum claimed that he didn't actually make contact which is a load of absolute crap.

His even bigger dickhead brother should also be grateful he wasn't rubbed out for the season.

Still trying to work out what these Wollongong trash have to whinge about.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Firechild - What do you personally believe happened with the Bird saga?

Did he do anything?

Cause i sure as hell think he did something. Yet his charges were quashed in court.

Thank god your bias was not on the Stewart jury then hey.
Judge... Jurors what say you?
Sharkies jury.... He plays for manly F!ck him, f!ck the evidence.... he is guilty

What a world that would be:roll:

Last edited: