What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

Should Gallop apologise to Brett Stewart?

• Yes

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 138 81.2%

• Total voters

BuffaloRules

Coach
Stewart was intoxicated at the launch...or so the NRL was informed by Manly. Perhaps Stewart should be seeking an apology off his employer if it passed on incorrect information.

He was booted out of the Steyne hotel shortly after leaving the Wharf bar where the launch was for being intoxicated...

Titanic

First Grade
A mutual statement that the matter has been resolved on a personal level is what is needed here without details but the NRL should not apologise at all.

The NRL as the governing body made a call ... no player is bigger than the game and no matter what the courts decided on that matter, Stewart, by his involvement brought the game into disrepute.

His ongoing childish behaviour is consistent with his cowardly act in the "blue". A talented rugby league player who is very quickly losing the admiration of the community with his puerile attitude, imho.

firechild

First Grade
If I was a Manly fan, this is what would be pissing me off too.

However, you guys only have one person to blame. If Stewart (both of them, for that matter) had manned up, wlaked up onto the stage, shook Gallop's hand, not said a word, and walked off, none of this discussion would have ever happened.

I tend to agree with that but at the same time, if Stewart does nothing then Gallop has won. It is really annoying that this whole saga won't go away and it is doing the club no favours with public perception (though people will hate Manly regardless).

oval

Juniors
If I was a Manly fan, this is what would be pissing me off too.

However, you guys only have one person to blame. If Stewart (both of them, for that matter) had manned up, wlaked up onto the stage, shook Gallop's hand, not said a word, and walked off, none of this discussion would have ever happened.

Yep, that's true.

We support you Brett, but pull your friggen head in - send him an email or something! Go to his office and have a sit down.

Fibroman

First Grade
I actually think Stewart might have been asking him if he has any teenage daughters that like Manly?

firechild

First Grade
The NRL as the governing body made a call ... no player is bigger than the game and no matter what the courts decided on that matter, Stewart, by his involvement brought the game into disrepute.

So every player accused of a crime should be suspended for 4 weeks?

I agree with that and I have clarified my position. I said that opinions should be formed based on evidence and not whether you like the club that the bloke plays for. In the Stewart case there was no evidence (the judge had a go at the prosecution for even bringing the case to court) and other factors which I have mentioned show that the case was pretty wobbly from the ground up.

The 2 of them were allegedly alone in a secluded place, just because there are no witness or she didn't get the shit bashed out of her doesn't mean there isn't a case to answer.

Titanic

First Grade
So every player accused of a crime should be suspended for 4 weeks?

lmao, that's a long shot and hardly the context of my opinion ... his drunken behaviour is what I was referring to ... he didn't commit a crime according to the judge.

firechild

First Grade
What drunken behaviour? Drinking is legal, it is also not contrary to any Manly or NRL policy. Unless you can substantiate your claims that he did anything wrong then I would suggest you are just making things up as you go along.

firechild

First Grade
that wasn't what he was suspended for

Not according to the NRL. They used the open ended "bringing the game into disrepute" without really giving a reason. Surely if he was acting stupid while drunk he must have done somethign that warranted the suspension, why is it that NOONE can actually pinpoint anything he actually did while he was allegedly drunk? Being drunk is not a crime, NRL players drink at club or NRL functions all the time.

Titanic

First Grade
What drunken behaviour? Drinking is legal, it is also not contrary to any Manly or NRL policy. Unless you can substantiate your claims that he did anything wrong then I would suggest you are just making things up as you go along.

suggest as much as you like :D

Galeforce

Bench
The Girl cam out after the case and said her father pushed her to make the claims, she has a severe history of mental issues, and the only reason she was not persued is because the whole thing was an embarrasment to the legal system, and with here mental issues there was very little possibility of a result in persuing her.

Suggesting that the current info leads to him being guilty is slanderious and flat out lies, but you continue on with your hate rage against him......

He is being pedantic now and I completely disagree with the way he is carrying on, but for people like you to still suggest he is guilty is more than likely the reason this issue continues......

Mate ,i am not saying that he is guilty. I am saying that "something" must have happenned ,else the case would have not gone to court. the degrees of what happened , i have no idea. As for the girl being pushed to make the claim , i can only assume , she was pushed by the father because something that upset her had happened , whether it was criminal or innocent play , i have no idea.
Truelly innocent to me , means he was not there , it was not him , he was already with his own girl . I am not aware that this was proven true , so i can only assume the court did have him at the scene and something happenned with no witnesses. Star versus girl who is now known as being mentally defective.
I can see you blame the girl and the father for backing his daughter , hmm.What did they have to gain , nothing i can see.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
Gallop should have apologised ages ago instead of letting the matter continue to drag on. In the best interests of the game though Brett needs to forget about it and move on.

Danish

Referee
Did Greg Bird get an apology?

He was run out of the game for 12 months without conviction.

Brett Stewart needs to grow a pair of nuts and get the f**k over it. 6 year old children don't cry as much as this

Galeforce

Bench
According to the judge, it never should have gone to court.

This does not mean someone is innocent . How can the judge know that , unless the judge was there at the scene. it means the evidence for the case was weak ,and trial would be a waste of time , because he said versus she said.

oval

Juniors
I actually think Stewart might have been asking him if he has any teenage daughters that like Manly?

Going by the amount of posts you make about Manly, I actually think you may be a closet Manly supporter.