What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters

proto

Juniors
I think he SHOULD have been dropped. He's too small and poor in defense for the huge Warriors backs

Sio looked good but doesn't have that ball playing skill. So if we just wanna go support player it's Sio & for an extra pair of hands it's Burt

I loved that Kearney dropped Burt and also Horo.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what ever happens should not be dictated by kicking imo

if Burty comes back to play FB, then fair enough, but Sio canp lay fullback and he can put them over from half way, very long kicker

no doubt Morgan in for Esi

Sk said last night that Sio wasn't too shabby at FB so he obviously rates him there

be interesting to see what happens but I wouldn't take much notice of the team announced today

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Kearneys very tricky like that. He names the side but then makes changes. He keeps the opposition guessing. The opposition think one side is going to run out, and then bam Kearney gets them with the old switch-a-roo.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Kearneys very tricky like that. He names the side but then makes changes. He keeps the opposition guessing. The opposition think one side is going to run out, and then bam Kearney gets them with the old switch-a-roo.

Yep, and it's obviously working a treat

cv8z

Juniors

He's an ideas man

oldmancraigy

Coach

Kearney initiated the scheme last year to keep us all interested.

He had so much fun giggling into his chocolate milk as he faxed the sheet to the reporters that he decided to do it again this year.

Kearney initiated the scheme last year to keep us all interested.

He had so much fun giggling into his chocolate milk as he faxed the sheet to the reporters that he decided to do it again this year.

actually the last minute team switcheroo is a proud parra tradition dating back to brain 'mysterio' smith :D

born an eel

Bench
I'm sure the warriors were expecting the named side to run out as it had us all fooled. Nobody here expected a different side to run out.

I think it is so good that he names a side and then runs that side during training drills to fool any spies or media and then runs a completely different side out on game day and gets them to work great combinations without any training.

That will fool them every week.

andy777

Juniors
i was waiting for last nights game before i commented, i rate burt he is a true club man, but last night sio and blair showed us why Kearney dropped burt to wenty

sio and blair made decent meters out of dummy half, went up for the bombs, and blair made a nice hit on manu and drove him back..

Bigfella

Coach
Even with Hayne out, I'm not sure I would rush him straight back. I thought Sio was far more dangerous than Burt ever would dream to be. Only because Esi snapped something that he might get a reprieve.

Agreed completely