What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters

born an eel

Bench
or did he just drop back to booster the wenty side,
with his weekly video tips he is also teaching in the academy.

mickdo

Coach
So you don't listen to it, but just take anything that's re-posted here as gospel?

You have more faith in the standard of accuracy in this forum than I do.

I can't believe you are defending Hardley. I guess it figures.

ParraAds

Juniors
So why did you respond to my post otherwise? Are you saying you don't listen to Roy then?

It's clever how you call him Roy Hardley... really witty.

Personally, no I don't listen... hence why I don't criticise or defend him... despite your best efforts to insinuate as much.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Dear Twizzle,

can we please amend the title of this thread to include "and crap" at the end?

New title would read: "Should Luke Burt have been dropped? And crap"

Just seems this one will last the season, and I'd appreciate the liberty to make it as exciting as possible!

Dear Twizzle,

can we please amend the title of this thread to include "and crap" at the end?

New title would read: "Should Luke Burt have been dropped? And crap"

Just seems this one will last the season, and I'd appreciate the liberty to make it as exciting as possible!

save yourself some time just automatically add it to every new thread :D

ParraAds

Juniors
Thanks, glad you like it

Surprised that you'd give enough of a shit to bother posting about him then... but look at that, here you are

Pretty sure I was posting about your bizarre rationale... but then again you probably knew that deep down, being a bright spark and all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Huge Burty fan not just as a player but a person but I said last season that I thought he would start in our NRL team this season but may not finish there as our young guys progress, just didn't think it would be this early in the season.

I support SK in his decision and wish Burty all the best for the rest of his career and he has been a great player for us over the years.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Huge Burty fan not just as a player but a person but I said last season that I thought he would start in our NRL team this season but may not finish there as our young guys progress, just didn't think it would be this early in the season.

I support SK in his decision and wish Burty all the best for the rest of his career and he has been a great player for us over the years.

You forgot to put "And crap" in the title.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it was probably the right call, but the timing is confusing. Burt was hardly our worst player out there in round 1 (ditto Morgan IMO). Burt's long, successful career with Parramatta notwithstanding, he is not physically up to competing with behemoths like Vatuvei, Uate, etc. any more.

I think it was probably the right call, but the timing is confusing. Burt was hardly our worst player out there in round 1 (ditto Morgan IMO). Burt's long, successful career with Parramatta notwithstanding, he is not physically up to competing with behemoths like Vatuvei, Uate, etc. any more.
maybe its a one-off because of the size of the warriors wingers lets see if he is back for the cowboys game before we start going off on tangents (bit late for that i know)

Eelementary

Post Whore
maybe its a one-off because of the size of the warriors wingers lets see if he is back for the cowboys game before we start going off on tangents (bit late for that i know)

It isn't an awful idea - Burty has pros and cons, just like everyone else. But due to physical limitations and other factors (including the weather), his cons are seemingly more obvious. Having him marking up against blokes like Vatuvei or Inu or Hurrell or Fish or whoever...Not a good scenario for us.

And if we give him a break and we bring in Hayne and Tonga to the side, we do ourselves favours.

The thing to remember, I feel, is that Burty is not a quitter, despite what some smart-arses here say. I believe he will take his demotion and work hard on his game to come back to First Grade.

oldmancraigy

Coach
The thing to remember, I feel, is that Burty is not a quitter, despite what some smart-arses here say. I believe he will take his demotion and work hard on his game to come back to First Grade.

Not trying to be a smart-arse (in this post)

I wouldn't say Burt is a quitter either. He just doesn't "put in" anymore - didn't really do it last season, and when he stops trying, surely that's the end?

Picture days gone by, a big bomb goes up, Burt jumps to catch it. Or rucking the ball out from our own end, he jumps into dummy half and takes a scoot.

He simply stopped doing those 2 things last year. Not much point keeping him in the team if he won't try....

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not trying to be a smart-arse (in this post)

I wouldn't say Burt is a quitter either. He just doesn't "put in" anymore - didn't really do it last season, and when he stops trying, surely that's the end?

Picture days gone by, a big bomb goes up, Burt jumps to catch it. Or rucking the ball out from our own end, he jumps into dummy half and takes a scoot.

He simply stopped doing those 2 things last year. Not much point keeping him in the team if he won't try....

You're absolutely right, and I agree with you. When I mentioned the smart-arses, I was referencing those who would claim he never put his body on the line. I know he's never been the best bomb catcher or tackler based on his physical dimensions, but as you correctly said - in years gone by, he at least tried. Lately, though...

I still find it confusing, though - he wasn't that bad in round 1. It must be a tactical thing, surely...?