What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters
Erin Molan on the Footy Show said that Kearney confirmed after training this morning that Burt has been dropped.

Burt should be on one of the wings, not playing for Wenty

natheel

Coach
i think its a good move, i like Burt and he has served the club well, but we have young blokes knocking on the door.

my prediction for tomorrow

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. W. Tonga
4. E. Tonga
5. Morgan

17. Shackleton/O'Hanlon

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm happy to see underperformers get dropped and good performers being promoted.

It is good to have a bit of competition for spots.

Willface

Juniors
Erin Molan on the Footy Show said that Kearney confirmed after training this morning that Burt has been dropped.

Burt should be on one of the wings, not playing for Wenty

Why? The guy has been around for years and is a turnstile. Who gives a f"$k about his smarts he is a finisher not a half. Blair and Sio are both capable of doing at the worst his equal with age etc favoring them. Atleast they will have a crack at the beast this weekend. Burt would have been made manu's bitch

natheel

Coach
Does Esi have to be in FG?

He's bad. We must have someone better.

problem is Esi is better in attack then Morgan but Morgan is better in defence. Morgan is very soft in attack kinda like how El Masri was just kinda falls into tackles we need loko

NumberOne

Juniors
Confirmed; Burt playing for Wenty.

What a f**king disgrace.

Our top point scorer for the past 7 consecutive years has been dropped in favour of Blair who has had one half decent game of first grade.

Are you kidding Kearney???

Luke Burt is the Parramatta Eels! Now this decsiion could have been understandable if Burt has been horribly out of form or if Blair/Sio were on fire....BUT IT IS ROUND 2?? AND YOU DROP OUR TOP POINT SCORER????

WTF?

I applaud SK for making this LONG overdue decision. With a decent goal kicker in our side we no longer have any need for anything Burt offers and we'll be better for him not being there. It won't be a popular decision at 1st for his little fans who are in denial about Luke, so my respect for Kearney has definately increased for doing whats best for the side.

For all you Burt fans this isn't the 1t time he's been dropped. Smith and Anderson dropped him too, he always finds his way back in (be it injuries or suspension or whatever) hopefully for him its a kick in the pants he needed to realise he can't coast through anymore. Finish the odd try and not bother putting himself and his body in the contest.

NumberOne

Juniors
Yes definitely a rebuilding year. Give the younger blokes a run.

FFS :crazy:

If anything last year was the rebuilding year. This year we should be challenging now that Kearney has the side he wants!!!!!!!!

As I said this time last year;

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new coach, give them time

Next year it will be:

"ITS OK PEOPLE! We have a new halfback, give them time"

Year After it will be:

ITS OK PEOPLE! We have just lost Burt and Hindy to retirement, give them time...

I don't know about you, but I am over the excuses.

Its round 2 and you have already resigned to the fact we may be in for a dud year and have found excuses for said dud year.

I am over the excuses mate. We must make the top 8 this year!

natheel

Coach
Morgan > Esi.

#MeatLoversPizza

that's my opinion too Morgan looked sharp by the end of last year and with more games will get better but against a side like Warriors he will get owned (so would esi but at least esi can look dangerous in attack)

Parra Pride

Referee
that's my opinion too Morgan looked sharp by the end of last year and with more games will get better but against a side like Warriors he will get owned (so would esi but at least esi can look dangerous in attack)

Whoever plays will only be marking Inu.

#FreddyKrueger

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I hope he gets back in the team Burt, he wasnt the worst player on the field last week. Havent seen much of Blair, how does he go?

Latest posts