What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should Luke Burt have been dropped ?

Should Luke Burt have been dropped?

• Total voters

oldmancraigy

Coach
I hope he gets back in the team Burt, he wasnt the worst player on the field last week. Havent seen much of Blair, how does he go?

I tell you what Blair needs to do (assuming he plays wing). Hit the ball up 1st or 2nd tackle after they kick to us.

If he does that, then we won't miss Burt whatsoever. Luke has gone missing on the physical front for a little while now. Has some attacking skills, but do they compensate for what he refuses to bring in defence/ 'hard work' early in the count??

Parra Pride

Referee
I tell you what Blair needs to do (assuming he plays wing). Hit the ball up 1st or 2nd tackle after they kick to us.

If he does that, then we won't miss Burt whatsoever. Luke has gone missing on the physical front for a little while now. Has some attacking skills, but do they compensate for what he refuses to bring in defence/ 'hard work' early in the count??

Blair did that okay last week.

#Schrodinger'sCat

why the up roar? we have another goal kicker in Sandow now and Burt was really below his best last week, the young guys went well and deserve another shot, also do we know whats happening on the training paddock? maybe these young guys are putting in more deserve thier chance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If he does that, then we won't miss Burt whatsoever.

Spot on.

Luke has gone missing on the physical front for a little while now. Has some attacking skills, but do they compensate for what he refuses to bring in defence/ 'hard work' early in the count??

No they don't.

Besides his goalkicking, which is now a redundancy for us, Burt's best qualities are his anticipation, speed off the mark, and footwork in traffic - all perfect attacking qualities for a fullback. His lack of contribution to the yardage game detracts from his usefulness as a winger, and his defensive weaknesses hurt us at both positions.

Burt still has a place in the squad as a backup goalkicker and fullback, but I don't think he's even the second best fullback at the club. There's also Mullaney and probably Seage.

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
There may be a lot of people who do not agree with it but it appears the writing has been on the wall since the end of last season. The current coaching staff have their own plans (as is their right) of where the team is heading and Burty isn't in them.

The shock one (for some) to come yet is when Hindy gets the tap on the shoulder towards the end of the season. The changing of the guard as it were. Time beats us all in the end.

Here's hoping we at least look like creating (& scoring) a try this week.

WOE

Wise Old Eel

Juniors
Lasalo should be the first player dropped followed by Horo. Give Shacks and Paulo a go.

The situation with Lasalo appears to be akin to that of Smithy's obsession with Wagon or Hagan's with Lowrie. It looks to me like Kearney has a serious man-love crush where Lasalo is concerned.

WOE

benoir91

Juniors
So we will look like

Jarryd Hayne
Ken Sio
Esi Tonga
Willie Tonga
Cheyse Blair
Ben Roberts
Chris Sandow
Tim Mannah
Matt Keating
Mitchell Allgood
Nathan Hindmarsh
Taniela Lasalo
Reni Maitua

Casey McGuire
Justin Poore
Fuifui Moimoi
Joseph Paulo

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The situation with Lasalo appears to be akin to that of Smithy's obsession with Wagon or Hagan's with Lowrie. It looks to me like Kearney has a serious man-love crush where Lasalo is concerned.

Lasalo has the physical qualities to be a good first grader, he just needs to learn how to play the game. That will come though - he's only 22 years old.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So we will look like

Jarryd Hayne
Ken Sio
Esi Tonga
Willie Tonga
Cheyse Blair
Ben Roberts
Chris Sandow
Tim Mannah
Matt Keating
Mitchell Allgood
Nathan Hindmarsh
Taniela Lasalo
Reni Maitua

Casey McGuire
Justin Poore
Fuifui Moimoi
Joseph Paulo

Who said Willie Tonga's playing?

strider

Post Whore
i'll cheer for whoever they put on the field

imo blair needs to get more interested - he just looks a bit lazy and disinterested at times. Compare him to Sio who looks as keen as mustard

happy to see paulo get a run - i'd even be happy to see him start. Him on one side, Reni on the other. If Lasalo has to be in the team then he can be bench impact

strider

Post Whore
What's with the hating on esi? I thought he did a good job last week up against hodges.

yeah i thought Esi went OK too .... i'd be happy with a pair of Tongas as our centres (or should I say, outside edge runners)

Latest posts