What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should schif be captain 07

Should Schif be captian in 07

• Yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
I would say no, but considering there's no one else at the club who can take on the role - yes.

...Oh but if we get Lyon - no.

thickos

First Grade
Boing Boing said:
Who was that idiot that got voted off the forum for being a complete moron? I think it was about 6 months ago. God that was funny.

Raider Crusader.

I can't believe someone left a forum because the others there said to - but anyway - :lol:

raidersforme

Juniors
dubby said:
What a stupid bloody post...

You talk about respect for the opinions of others, where's the respect to our captain? FGS, he hasn't done anything wrong.

Of course he should be captain, to strip him of his captaincy is nothing but a sign of immaturity and insecurity IMO

Dont get me wrong i love the bloke and held the utmost respect for him a week ago but calling something stupid or someone an idiot is showing A your biased or B cannot handle a point of view that you don't agree with my post was (Should not Dump) i am upset with the events over the last 48hrs and as a paying member and fan have lost respect for him to have even considered it you can't blame the manager for this a player will use a manager as a fall guy but has to instruct them to do something a rogue agant will loose all players it's a two way street of image and creditability

a captains role is not just on field

What will our captain say to a promising young player if they where offered this

i will show his and his quotes from papers not managers or coach's HIS

IMO he should not be captain next year and was seeing if i'm the only one

taking the perpective without my biased towards him he is a great player

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/aru-wont-pay-for-schifcofske/2006/06/21/1150845244298.html

It's something that excites me," said Schifcofske, who has two years to run on his contract. "I'd be back home in Queensland, too.
"I've had a couple of chats with [Reds coach] Eddie Jones and he knows I'm serious. I'm now at a stage where I'm playing my best footy. He wants experienced outside backs and I can kick goals, too. It'd be a massive challenge, but I'm serious about hearing what they've got to say."

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=rugby%20league&story_id=488668&category=Rugby%20League&m=6&y=2006

Schifcofske admitted there had been interest from England.
He also had informal talks with his manager Steve Gillis about possibly crossing codes to play with the Queensland Reds in the Super 14.
"There's been a little bit of interest [from the Reds], just a word in passing to my manager," Schifcofske said. "It's something I'd look at, but in saying that it'd have to be something pretty good to leave. It would have to be something out of left-field."

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=rugby%20league&story_id=488919&category=Rugby%20League&m=6&y=2006

The star fullback told The Canberra Times last night he had not yet signed with the Reds, but admitted he was very tempted. The deal could be finalised as early as today.
"I'm 30, probably in the prime of my career and playing my best footy and I've got to do what's right for myself and for my family," Schifcofske said.
"If I didn't think I could do it I wouldn't be considering it. It would be a massive challenge and pretty exciting."
Schifcofske predicted he could lengthen his career if he switched to union. Another incentive is he has family based in Queensland.
The Reds already boast Australian fullback Chris Latham, but Schifcofske has been targeted as a goal-kicking winger. He leads the NRL goal-kicking percentages this season at 86 per cent.
Schifcofske said Queensland and former Australian coach Eddie Jones had talked of potential to represent the Wallabies.
"I spoke to Eddie Jones and he knows rugby league, put it that way," Schifcofske said. "He's pretty switched on and he explained what he thought it takes for a rugby league player to switch codes and have success. He thinks I've got it, so obviously that's a pretty big compliment.
"He said wing is pretty similar to [a rugby league] fullback, it's the best place to learn the game and it would obviously help me in that respect. "I've spoken to a few people about what I might do and they reckon [Jones] is the right man to be going to. If anyone can make the transition smoother, it's him."

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=rugby%20league&story_id=489156&category=Rugby%20League&m=6&y=2006

Schifcofske, who's contracted to the Raiders until the end of 2008, said he wouldn't have bothered to consider a switch to the 15-man game if he had held concerns over his age or lack of experience.
"I feel at the moment I'm at the age where I'm playing my best footy," Schifcofske said.
"I'm obviously not experienced in rugby union but as a rugby league player I'm experienced, I'm an outside back and I kick goals.
"That's what [Jones] is looking for and he seems to think I've got what it takes to make the switch, and that's a pretty big rap, I suppose, because he knows what he's talking about.
"If he didn't think I was good enough he obviously wouldn't be chasing me."
In light of the ARU knockback, Schifcofske denied money was the prime motivator for a switch to the Reds.
"Not at all," he said. "The most appealing thing for me is it's a really good opportunity. It's obviously where I'm from and where my wife's from, and it's definitely a challenge. "I'm the sort of bloke that likes a challenge and it's something the more I think about, it's really, really exciting."

thickos

First Grade
For the question at hand - hell yes he should be captain! He's the best player at the club, a senior figure and an inspiration!

The next captain should be Tongue or Weyman.

Boing Boing

Juniors
raidersforme said:
Dont get me wrong i love the bloke and held the utmost respect for him a week ago but calling something stupid or someone an idiot is showing A your biased or B cannot handle a point of view that you don't agree with my post was (Should not Dump) i am upset with the events over the last 48hrs and as a paying member and fan have lost respect for him to have even considered it you can't blame the manager for this a player will use a manager as a fall guy but has to instruct them to do something a rogue agant will loose all players it's a two way street of image and creditability

a captains role is not just on field

What will our captain say to a promising young player if they where offered this

i will show his and his quotes from papers not managers or coach's HIS

IMO he should not be captain next year and was seeing if i'm the only one

taking the perpective without my biased towards him he is a great player

Punctiation is your friend.

raidersforme

Juniors
Boing Boing said:
Punctiation is your friend.

Never was but hope you can understand it now.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the bloke and held the utmost respect for him a week ago, but calling something stupid or someone an idiot is showing, A your biased or B cannot handle a point of view that you don't agree with.
My post was Should not Dump, I am upset with the events over the last 48hrs, as a paying member and fan have lost respect for him to have even considered it.
You can't blame the manager for this a player will use a manager as a fall guy, but has to instruct them to do something, a rogue agent will loose all players it's a two way street of image and creditability.

A captains role is not just on field.

What will our captain say to a promising young player if they where offered this?

I will show his and only his quotes from papers not managers or coach's HIS.

IMO he should not be captain next year and was seeing if I’m the only one.

Taking the perspective without my biased towards him he is a great player.

Boing Boing

Juniors
raidersforme said:
Never was but hope you can understand it now.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the bloke and held the utmost respect for him a week ago, but calling something stupid or someone an idiot is showing, A your biased or B cannot handle a point of view that you don't agree with.
My post was Should not Dump, I am upset with the events over the last 48hrs, as a paying member and fan have lost respect for him to have even considered it.
You can't blame the manager for this a player will use a manager as a fall guy, but has to instruct them to do something, a rogue agent will loose all players it's a two way street of image and creditability.

A captains role is not just on field.

What will our captain say to a promising young player if they where offered this?

I will show his and only his quotes from papers not managers or coach's HIS.

IMO he should not be captain next year and was seeing if I’m the only one.

Taking the perspective without my biased towards him he is a great player.

Mate don't stress about it, was just taking the piss!! :D

I say we should give it to Tongue or Weyman. I don't want a captain at this club, who is only at the Raiders because the ARU wouldn't offer him a top up.

Boing Boing

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
I say we should give it to Tongue or Weyman. I don't want a captain at this club, who is only at the Raiders because the ARU wouldn't offer him a top up.

When did he say that?

jed

First Grade
raidersforme said:
If he was truely a great leader, one that the lads could look up to and have complete faith in his opinions, his response should be "Make the decision based on what is best. Not just best for yourself, but also your family." That's exactly the same thing I've told my colleagues when they've been tossing up whether to stay in their job or look farther afield.

For players who were looking for rep jumpers, playing at the Raiders has been a hinderance for the last few years. Players like O'Hara and Monaghan would almost definitely have felt their chances would improve by playing for Sydney clubs.

People bitch about going where there's more money, but in all honesty how many of us would turn down the opportunity for significantly more money for doing exactly the same (or in the chance of the Reds, considerably less) work? Yeah Bay, I know you're loyal, but I think you're in the minority.

sh*t I write some crap when I'm stuck on reception :lol:

Bay56

First Grade
do you want a captain who has a "get out' clause in his contract that he could use at any time and has used in the past

jed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
do you want a captain who has a "get out' clause in his contract that he could use at any time and has used in the past
broken%20record.jpg

Boing Boing

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
I think its pretty obvious, that if the ARU had of given him a big financial top off he would have been on his way

What he actually said was that he didn't want to leave and it would have to be something special for teh Reds to pull him away. He was very blunt.

raidersforme

Juniors
jed said:
If he was truely a great leader, one that the lads could look up to and have complete faith in his opinions, his response should be "Make the decision based on what is best. Not just best for yourself, but also your family." That's exactly the same thing I've told my colleagues when they've been tossing up whether to stay in their job or look farther afield.

For players who were looking for rep jumpers, playing at the Raiders has been a hinderance for the last few years. Players like O'Hara and Monaghan would almost definitely have felt their chances would improve by playing for Sydney clubs.

People bitch about going where there's more money, but in all honesty how many of us would turn down the opportunity for significantly more money for doing exactly the same (or in the chance of the Reds, considerably less) work? Yeah Bay, I know you're loyal, but I think you're in the minority.

sh*t I write some crap when I'm stuck on reception :lol:

I dont know any normal fan who is on the wages of good players 150k+.
You cannot compare workers to professional Athelete's.

The avg worker is on 60-80k they might get perks of company car or mobile

The Professional athelete gets the 150k+ plus the gets the following that joe the worker is denied to.

Personal sponshership, appearance money, will ge given the car to drive, has a profile which launch's them into media or other high paying job (consultant or coach) good luck to them getting all these things i don't begrudge.

A person of 340k per year is on $6538.46 P/W with the right financial planning they could offset there tax to peanuts and keep it all plus they get there personal sponshership and any other paid promotion or job

So more money is greed managed well both finacial and agent wise i can't see why a 340k a year player isn't earning net $300k all inclusive

legend

Coach
Umm, he said on 2UE last night if the ARU weighed in with the topup he was after, he would have signed. He still hasn't shut the door either, saying that if the Reds can bring a third party to the table he'd still consider their offer.

Latest posts